There are a lot of reasons for which we do not want to keep our smartphones in our pockets while driving. Even if talking on the phone while driving is considered extremely dangerous, these days we tend to use a smartphone for many other activities. Up until a few years ago, people had to spend money on a dedicated GPS unit. Today, even the cheaper smartphones can serve as a GPS, stream music over Bluetooth to the car audio system or it can just be displayed to see the ID of a caller or various notifications. Some might argue that most cars have a built-in navigations system but we all know that there is nothing that can compete with Waze or Google maps.
The trouble comes from the fact that smartphones are fragile. Something like an iPhone 7 can get damaged even if it is dropped from a relatively short distance. A secure and reliable car iPhone 7 mount is a must. While there are no dedicated car mounts for the iPhone 7, there are a lot of compatible models. Their pricing is quite low for the most part but how secure they are can vary from one model to another. Magnetic ones tend to be less secure and pretty much any other type of mount should be safer to use.
Best Car Mounts For iPhone 7 in 2020
Last update on 2020-03-30 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIFor the sake of diversity, we did include some magnetic mounts that work with the iPhone 7 but the biggest focus has been on safety. With these things in mind let’s get right into our list of the top 10 best car mounts for iPhone 7 in 2020.
10. WizGear Universal Flat Stick On Dashboard Magnetic Car Mount Holder
WizGear universal magnetic car mount is not specifically designed for iPhones but it does support them. It works with pretty much any smartphone due to its magnetic design. It is a compact product that works well for the the most part but it does not feel as secure as regular car mounts that can a more stable mechanism to secure the phone into place. It is a good pick but only in certain situations:
9. iOttie Easy One Touch Mini Air Vent Car Smartphone Holder
iOttie Easy One Touch smartphone holder was designed to keep the diver-focused on the road rather than keep his eyes down on the smartphone. It can be installed in the vents of the air conditioning system and it is fairly compact. Also, it works with all iPhone models and it is quite well made which explains why the mount is a bit more expensive.
8. Soaiy 3-in-1 Multifunctional Car Mount
The Soaiy multifunctional car mount is a great pick for the ones that do not need something complicated. It does not look all that pretty but it serves its purpose quite well. Its construction makes it quite sturdy while the flexible next offers a bit more freedom in terms of adjusting it to a proper position and angle.
7. Vansky Car Phone Mount With Universal Gooseneck
Vansky as a brand is not that well known but their products are quite decent. The universal car phone mount they made comes with an interesting design and a very solid construction. The interesting part is its dual functionality. It needs to be installed in the car lighter socket from which it draws power to charge the smartphone. It works with all iPhone models and it has a relatively decent price tag.
6. EXSHOW Universal Windshield Long Arm Car Phone Mount
EXSHOW universal windshield long arm car phone mount is a simple device that was made to be stable and easy to use. The long arm and the double suction system makes it very easy to arrange the iPhone in a good angle and maintain the position. Even if it is made mostly out of plastic it feels sturdy and reliable.
5. BE Universal Smartphone Car Air Vent Mount Holder
The BE universal smartphone car mount is one of the most inexpensive products in our list. It is very small and with a simple design. The smartphone is held into place with the aid of spring loaded clamps with a rubberized coating. Being an air vent mount means that installation is simple and it can be placed on the right side or left side of the driver.
4. Wuteku UltraSlim Magnetic Cell Phone Holder
The Wuteku magnetic smartphone car mount is one of the more clever models. Magnetic car mounts are not that stable especially since most of them are designed to be placed on the air vents. Wuteku made their mount work as a dashboard mount with makes it much more stable even while driving or breaking. The iPhone will stay securely in place in most cases.
3. iOttie Easy One Touch 3 (V2.0) Car Mount Universal Phone Holder
iOttie managed to make one of the safest car smartphone mounts on the market. It is also a bit more expensive but the build quality surely compensates for the higher price tag. The mount was made with a secure system that keeps the phone safe in place and a powerful sticky gel pad that works on any type of dashboard. Even when the car vibrates it will not move from its place.
2. Mpow Car Phone Holder
Mpow car phone holder is a simple model and one of the few that was designed to work with the CD slot of the car. This makes it rather secure but it makes the CD tray unusable. However, nobody uses CDs anymore. The unit does have a few useful features and a decent build quality but most importantly it is very cheap.
1. iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Mount Holder
The iOttie Easy One Touch 2 car mount is the original version and the more appreciated one. It can be installed onto the dashboard or the windshield with the aid of its strong suction cup. The arm is adjustable as expected and the mount itself was designed to work with virtually any smartphone, including the iPhone Plus.
What Type Of Mount Is Right For You?
It is difficult to tell which mount works better. There are several different types to choose from and some work better than others. Before picking a model it is a good idea to know exactly how many types there are there. They can be installed in various places of the car. Here are all the types listed in just a few words.
- Air vent mounts. Air vent mounts are decent. As long as they have some kind of neck or extendable arm they should be fine. If they do not they will expose the phone to heat when turning on the heating system.
- Cigarette lighter slot mount. These mounts work well. They usually charge the phone as well which is a great plus but the positioning is not great. The socket is placed in different places depending on the car and on some vehicles it might be impossible to have the smartphone in a visible position.
- Windshield mounts. Windshield mounts are fairly simple. The can have an extendable arm or neck or they can come without one. What is important is for the suction cup to be strong enough to keep it sticking to the windshield.
- Dashboard mounts. These are similar to the ones designed for the windshield.
- CD slot mounts. There are only a handful of such mounts. They tend to be the most convenient ones as they work great and they only keep the CD slot busy.