Top 10 Best Screen Protectors for iPhone 8 Plus in 2023
For several generations, Apple limited their yearly release of the iPhone to just one product. Everyone had the option to get only one version of the iPhone. As phablets increased in popularity, Apple was constrained to release the Plus versions and as everyone expected, they were a bit hit. The iPhone 8 Plus is the latest addition to the lineup and surprisingly, it sells better than the standard iPhone 8. However, despite all efforts, technology has not solved the issue of cracked or scratched displays. There is only so much gorilla glass can do and it is up to the owner to try and care a bit for his iPhone 8 Plus. A screen protector is a mandatory purchase for every smartphone and for some obvious reasons.
The iPhone 8 Plus is considerably larger than the standard version. For a person with larger hands that might not be a major problem but for everyone else, it is simply more difficult to use even with two hands. Also, it cannot be held in a pocket which means, most of the times it will be stored in a bag which means it is exposed to scratches and blunt objects. A screen protector can help reduce the wear and tear of a screen and even prevent irreparable damage to the display.
A case is also recommended but today we will focus just on screen protectors. The vast majority of screen protectors are made out of tempered glass with some even using PET film. They do not obstruct the display or touchscreen in any way and they fit discreetly. For our list we selected 10 popular screen protectors that manage to get their job done well without any kind of hassle. With all these things said let’s jump right into our list of the top 10 best screen protectors for iPhone 8 Plus in 2023.
Best Screen Protectors for iPhone 8 Plus in 2023
10. Anker KARAPAX iPhone 8 Plus Screen Protector
The Anker iPhone 8 Plus screen protector of a good solution against scratches and drops without costing too much. The retail package comes as a pack of 2 protectors along with hinge stickers, a squeeze card, dust removal stickers and an installation guide. Each screen protector is made out of tempered glass and was cut to be smaller so it can leave a bit of the hinge uncovered for the lip of a case. Its clarity does not affect the iPhone screen quality while the touchscreen remains just as responsive
- Made out of tempered glass
- Includes everything needed for installation
- Shatter-proof membrane
- Not very good against impacts
9. Fedirect iPhone 8 Plus Screen Protector
Fedirect makes a very popular screen protector for the iPhone 8 Plus. Using tempered glass with 9H hardness, the protector will survive mild impacts and scratches while keeping display safe. To make it even more convenient, the tempered glass has an oleophobic coating that prevents oil and fingerprints from accumulating on the screen protector. The retail package contains 2 pieces of tempered glass for the iPhone 8 Plus and an installation guide
- Excellent protection against scratches and small impacts
- Oleophobic coating
- High light penetration ratio
- Rather expensive
8. TheCoos iPhone 8 Plus Screen Protector
TheCoos iPhone 8 Plus screen protector is a good pick for the ones that are concerned about physical damaging the display of their smartphone. It is a good solution made out of tempered glass with 9H hardness and rounded edges to make it smoother. The screen protector also leaves a few millimeter uncovered on the edges in order to allow for a case to be installed. TheCoos offers the protectors in packs of two and several useful items to assist with the installation.
- Durable tempered glass, 9H hardness
- Rounded edges to reduce sharp edges
- Very cheap
- Develops bubbles
7. Maxboost iPhone 8 Plus Screen Protector
Maxboost makes a lot of different screen protectors for many types of smartphones. Their iPhone 8 Plus screen protector is a good option for almost all Apple owners. It is made out of a strong tempered glass with a special hydrophobic and oleophobic coating that prevents oils and residue from sticking to the screen. This means that it needs to be cleaned less often. The hardness of the screen protector makes it capable of handling minor drops and prevent visible scratches.
- Hydrophobic and oleophobic coating
- Compatible with 3D-Touch
- Lifetime warranty
- Reduces screen brightness by 35%
6. Manto iPhone 8 Plus Screen Protector
Manto iPhone 8 Plus screen protector bundle offers a great deal of the price. It comes as a complete bundle with all the required installation items such as a squeeze card and cleaning crackers as well as a full-screen cover. The model covers the entire screen including the bezel and has rounded edges exactly as the smartphone has. In terms of reliability, the screen protector is made out of hardened 9H glass and has an oleophobic coating to reduce fingerprint marks and smudges.
- 0.33mm thickness, 9H hardness
- Covers the entire front side of the phone
- Oleophobic coating
- Makes it difficult to use a case when having it on
5. JETech iPhone 8 Plus Screen Protector
The ones that are looking for a good deal will love the JETech iPhone 8 Plus screen protector bundle. Inside the pack, users will find 2 screen protectors, cleaning cloth, guide stickers, dust removal stickers and a small instructions booklet. Each screen protector is made out of a 0.33mm tempered glass with 9H hardness and rounded edges. It was made to be dust-free and fingerprint-free. Also, it is very easy to install and does not get any air bubbles.
- Dust-free and fingerprint-free
- Durable 9H hardness 0.33mm tempered glass
- Lifetime warranty
- A bit too large
4. Ailun iPhone 8 Plus Screen Protector
The Ailun iPhone 8 Plus screen protector is a must-have accessory. Having it on will protect the screen from scratches and drops. The 99.9% clarity makes it almost unnoticeable and does not cause the touchscreen to become less responsive. As for the material used, Ailun went for the standard 0.33mm tempered glass with 9H hardness. Installation is quite simple and straightforward. A useful feature is the oleophobic coating that prevents the screen protector from getting fingerprint marks.
- 99.9% clarity
- Oleophobic coating
- Includes installation tools and an online installation guide
- Gets air bubbles
3. OMOTON iPhone 8 Plus Screen Protector
OMOTON iPhone 8 Plus screen protector is a popular choice in terms of sales. It is an inexpensive kit that includes everything needed to install the screen protectors. The package comes with a 2 pack for a reasonable price tag. Each screen protector is made out of 9H hardness tempered glass and has an excellent clarity that does not alter the display quality of the iPhone. The adhesive used prevents bubbles from forming while the glass itself has a hydrophobic oleophobic coating.
- 2.5D routed edges, excellent transparency
- Oleophobic coating
- Extremely powerful adhesive
2. amFilm iPhone 8 Plus Screen Protector
The amFilm screen protector for the iPhone 8 Plus is one of the best-selling products that managed to get into our list. It is quite similar to other screen protectors in the sense that it is made out of 9H hardness tempered glass and has a 99.9% transparency. The model also fits older iPhone models such as the 7 Plus, 6S Plus, and 6S. As for extra useful features, the glass protector is 3D touch compatible and case friendly.
- Case friendly
- Works with the iPhone 8 Plus and other Plus models
- Comes with everything needed for the installation
- Quite thick and easy to notice
1. Tech Armor iPhone 8 Plus Screen Protector
Tech Armor Apple iPhone 8 Plus screen protector is by far the most popular pick. It is a simple screen protector made out of ballistic glass, offering the best protection possible. It is 0.33mm thick and it is cut in such a way that it works with older versions of the smartphone as well. Installation is quite straightforward and easy especially since it does not develop air bubbles beneath. The retail package includes one screen protector and all the needed installation consumables.
- Works with iPhone 8 Plus and older versions
- Durable ballistic glass
- Bubble-free, easy to install
- Adhesive could have been better
Which Screen Protector to Pick?
If there is one thing to notice about iPhone 8 Plus screen protectors is that most of them are nearly identical. It can be quite confusing but this is what most brands do. They get the film protectors from the same supplier and have them branded differently. This practice can make it difficult to actually compare and pick a decent screen protector. The biggest difference seems to be the price tag but that is half of the truth. There are some particularities that should not be disregarded because they matter a lot especially when it comes to the protection of the iPhone 8 Plus.
- Thickness: The thickness of screen protector can range from 0.20mm to 0.33mm. The thicker the glass is the better the protection. There is a downside as thicker screen protectors are easier to notice especially around the edges.
- Case friendly or not: There are screen protectors that do not go much over the bezel and there are other models that cover the entire front side of an iPhone. The smaller ones are case friendly while the other ones will obstruct the lip of a case.
- Accessories included: Installation is not something that is done on a frequent basis but it is good to know if a screen protector pack includes everything needed.