Bluetooth headsets allow hands-free phone operation. But, you want to ensure that your headset works with your phone, delivers clear sound and voice, and includes any special features that you require.
Best Bluetooth Headsets in 2020
To help make the buying process easier, we’ve gathered a list of the top 10 best Bluetooth headsets in 2020. Explore the pros and cons of the top choices and narrow down your decision.
Last update on 2020-07-08 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. SoundPEATS Wireless Headset Stereo Neckband Sports Earbuds with Mic
The first Bluetooth headset to consider is from SoundPEATS. It has a neckband design, which means you place it around your neck.
The neckband houses the Bluetooth components, while the earbuds extend from the neck band.
Here is a closer look at the features and benefits that it provides:
- The neckband design is comfortable, especially while engaging in physical activity, such as running or cycling
- The location of the buttons makes button control easy. The buttons are located on the side of the headphone
- You can connect two Bluetooth-enabled devices simultaneously
- The battery should provide up to 10 hours of use and 300 hours of standby time
- It only takes about 2 hours for the battery charge
- The neckband is also lightweight – weighing less than 4.58-ounces
The disadvantages include these issues:
- The magnetic lock for the earbuds doesn’t always hold
When you’re not using the headset, the earbuds connect to the neckband, but the magnetic lock doesn’t always keep them in place. This isn’t a major issue, as it only applies to when you’re not using the device.
Overall, this is a great headset, with a unique design that makes it perfect for those with an active lifestyle. The neckband design stays in place while running or exercising. So, for active individuals, this is a good option.
9. FRiEQ Noise Canceling Wireless Bluetooth Headset with Microphone
The next option has a traditional headset design. It rests over your head, with an earpiece on the right side and a microphone extending from the earpiece. This is the design used for headsets found in most call centers.
Here are the pros and cons:
- You can connect two Bluetooth devices at the same time
- The headset has a connectivity range of 33 feet
- The built-in battery should last for 30 hours of talk time or 900 hours of standby time
- The headset is lightweight and adjustable – making for a comfortable fit
- You get a 3-month warranty
The drawbacks include:
- The price – this is a moderately priced headset
- Not the ideal option for listening to music or engaging in physical activity
This headset is intended for hands-free calls. While you could wear it during your exercises, it may not stay in place. Also, there is only one earpiece, which isn’t the best way to listen to stereo music.
There are much cheaper options available. Though, you are paying for quality. You are getting a high-quality headset that delivers clear audio. It works with most Bluetooth-enabled devices and offers exceptional battery life.
8. Samsung HM1350 Wireless Hands-Free Bluetooth Headset
This wireless hands-free Bluetooth headset is small, discreet, and affordable. The device comes with 2 ear hooks, 2 ear gel linings, and the charge. Intended for hands-free calling, learn more about this compact device:
- Uses Bluetooth Version 3.0 for fast connections and crystal clear audio
- Features built-in multipoint technology that lets you connect two different Bluetooth devices at the same time
- The rechargeable battery should provide 8 hours of talk time and 300 hours of standby time
- The device is comfortable and compact – it rests against your ear
- The 2 soft gel tips give you two options for making sure you have a secure and comfortable fit
Are there any disadvantages? Some people have pointed out the following issues:
- Depending on the strength of the Bluetooth connection, your voice may sound muffled or quiet
- The device only works for phone calls – you cannot use it to listen to media
If you want to listen to music on the go, this isn’t the headset for you. But, it’s great for hands-free calls while out in public.
7. Plantronics M165 Marque 2 Ultralight Wireless Bluetooth Headset
Next is another earpiece Bluetooth headset. It has a design like the previous entry, with a slightly longer base. You can use this for hands-free calls and it comes with 3 different ear tips for a comfortable fit.
The following advantages place it at number 7 on this list:
- The battery should last for 7 hours and has a power-saving mode
- You can download an app to locate your headset when it’s been misplaced
- Includes voice recognition so that you can answer or ignore calls without pressing a button
- Delivers clear audio and speech – whether you are in public or in your office
- The Bluetooth connectivity has a range of 33 feet
There are a few disadvantages to consider:
- The 7-hour battery life may not be enough for some individuals
- The device doesn’t always respond to your voice commands
The short battery life should be enough for most, but not for some. If you plan on using your device for more than 7 hours each day, you should look for a headset with a better battery. But, as mentioned, this should be enough for most.
The device doesn’t always respond immediately to the voice commands. This is a common issue with voice recognition. If you’re in a noisy area, the headset may be less responsive to your commands. Make sure you speak in a clear, direct voice.
What makes this one of the best Bluetooth headsets? It’s affordable, delivers clear audio, and it’s very comfortable. With the 3 separate gel tips, everyone can get a comfortable fit.
6. Plantronics Explorer 50 Bluetooth Headset – Retail Packaging
Featuring Bluetooth Version 3.0, multiple Bluetooth profiles, and 3 months of battery life while in standby mode, this is another great headset to consider. It also has an earpiece design, for discreet hands-free calling.
You can take a closer look at the benefits and features below:
- The battery will last for 11 hours of talk time
- Multipoint technology is used so that you can connect multiple devices
- Includes a built-in single microphone with digital signal processing for clear speech
- You can use this device for hands-free calling or media
- Weighs about 3.4-ounces
Here are the potential drawbacks to using this headset:
- The volume is quieter than some of the other headsets
- Some people may not find this headset to be comfortable – it doesn’t come with multiple earpieces or tips
Overall, this is another quality option. You can use it to stream any audio from your Bluetooth-enabled device, so you can listen to music or enjoy hands-free calling. The volume may be a little on the quiet side.
Also, the earpiece may not be comfortable, this will depend on your personal preferences – keep your receipt so that you can return the item if you find it to be uncomfortable.
5. KOOWIEN Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo Wireless Earphones
The next headset includes two earbuds. You can use this set while at the gym, running, or exercising. It also allows for hands-free calling, with a built-in microphone on the left earbud.
The headset is available in black or red, along with the following advantages:
- You get a secure fit, so the earbuds won’t fall out while you’re exercising
- The headset delivers clear audio, with noise-cancelling technology and hi-fi stereo sound
- Soft silicone gel earbuds ensure a secure and comfortable fit
- The battery offers 9 hours of operation time and takes about 2 hours to charge
- Comes with 2 extra ear tips and a USB charging cable
There are disadvantages to consider. This includes:
- The headset has a low bass level
- You can only sync with one Bluetooth device at a time
You can’t use this device to connect to multiple devices. Also, if you’re using this to listen to music, then you should know that the bass level is relatively low. This may not be an issue unless you enjoy the thumping of a deep bass.
Overall, this is a decent set for active people. Whether you’re listening to music or using it for hands-free calls, you get clear sound and a comfortable set of earbuds.
4. B-sea Wireless Bluetooth Headphones – Noise Cancelling Sport Headset
This noise canceling sports headset is a best-seller. It uses Bluetooth Version 4.1 with enhanced data rate. This allows you to seamlessly sync your Bluetooth devices. Here is a closer look at the other features and advantages:
- Noise canceling built-in microphone – reducing background noise
- Provides up to 8 hours of continuous talk or music time
- Charges in just 1.5 hours
- The wireless connection works up to 30 feet
- Comfortable and secure ear hooks that stay in place while exercising
You should also look at the drawbacks:
- The earpieces are not very sturdy and may be a little bulky
- The volume level could be too loud for some
Typically, if there is an issue with the volume, it is that the device is too quiet. With this headset, the opposite is true. When you turn the volume to a higher level, it may be too loud for use in public settings. This requires some adjustment, depending on the sound level of your device.
In the end, it’s another great set for active people. They earpieces stay in place, despite not being very sturdy. The only real issue is that they are bulky and you may have trouble placing a helmet over your ears.
3 . APIE Bluetooth Wireless Headset Noise Cancelling In-ear Earbuds
The following a single ear hook headset. These types of headsets aren’t intended for music listening but are useful for hands-free calling.
The headset is lightweight and features an ergonomic design for superior comfort. But, that’s not all – here are the other advantages:
- Delivers hi-fi stereo sound
- Features noise canceling technology for clear communication
- Multipoint technology allows you to connect to multiple Bluetooth devices
- Compatible with most Bluetooth devices
The disadvantages include:
- The battery life – provides 5 hours of continuous talk time
- Only available for the right ear
This device only fits in the right ear. This is common for individual ear hooks. But, it might be a drawback for some. Also, this headset has limited battery life compared to the other options in this list.
If these aren’t major issues for you, then this headset is a good choice. It is comfortable and compatible with most Bluetooth devices. You also get to connect multiple devices and utilize the latest Bluetooth version.
2. Alolli Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Earbuds V4.1
Here is a set of sports earbuds. This set also uses the latest Bluetooth update – version 4.1. Other features include noise isolating headphones and the following advantages:
- Comfortable and sleek design – the ear hooks easily fit in place around your ears
- A ceramic antenna is used to improve the signal strength eliminate interference
- The voice prompt feature lets you answer or ignore calls without pressing a button
- You can listen to music or talk for up to 7 hours before needing to charge the battery
There are no major disadvantages to discuss. That’s why this is one of the best Bluetooth headsets for 2018.
The earbuds are lightweight and comfortable. They easily stay in place while you’re running around. And, you can use them for completely hands-free calling.
1. Bluetooth Headphones SoundPEATS Wireless Headset Stereo Neckband
At the top of the list is another neckband Bluetooth headset. This is basically an updated version of the headset that ranked 10th place. As mentioned, the neckband design ensures that the device stays in place. It also brings the following advantages:
- Uses the latest Bluetooth version – 4.1
- Connect multiple devices simultaneously
- The battery should provide 10 hours of talk time and 300 hours of standby time
- The battery only takes 2 hours to charge
- You receive exceptional sound quality and clear communication
This is the top choice, with no drawbacks. The only potential issue is the design. Some people may not enjoy the neckband design.
It isn’t very discreet, which means that this might not be the best choice for a professional setting. But, when it comes to headsets for those with an active lifestyle, this is the best bet.
Start Talking Hands-Free with the Best Bluetooth Headset
After reviewing these top 10 best Bluetooth headsets in 2020, you should have a better idea of what to look for in a headset. These 10 aren’t your only options, but they are among the most recommended.
If you’re ready for hands-free talking, then consider getting one of these top Bluetooth headsets.