Models featured on beauty and wellness magazines have a thing for egg chairs. Have you noticed how relaxed and happy one looks when posing in these stylish chairs? It’s one of the trendiest summer poses. Thousands of Instagram photos will tell you.
Egg chairs add unmatched style to any home or hotel space. It’s the loveliest piece of furniture and among the most comfortable for lounging, reading, watching TV, and internet surfing. They make patios and backyards more accommodating and comfortable.
These classic chairs are made to different structural designs, and with varying colors. When making your choice, however, it’s important to think deeper than color and design.
Consider the following factors to ensure that you get the best value from your new egg chair:
- Where do you want to use it (indoors or outdoors)?
The ideal egg chair for outdoor use should feature fabric that’s UV-resistant, fade-resistant, and weather-resistant. The stand should withstand many days and nights of extreme weather. Powder-coated steel is a great choice of material for the stand.
There are two major installation options – hang on the branch of a tree, or set up on a stand. While both ways require careful installation, hanging on a tree branch is more challenging. Egg chairs that come with a stand are preferable. You’ll only need to set up the stand, unfold the chair, and hang it using the provided chain and/or spring.
- Weight limit
The size of the chair and materials used in its construction dictate the maximum weight it can carry. Most manufacturers indicate this weight limit so that you are well-advised before starting to use the chair. In addition, it’s important to check the dimensions of the seat. You want a chair with enough room for you.
The choice of cushion material and its thickness are the first considerations to make when looking for a comfy egg chair. A fluffy seat cushion offers the perfect space for you to snuggle in any day, swinging your time away with a cup of coffee and a book. Besides, the inclusion of a headrest makes the space even more comfortable.
- Other important considerations include the color and price of the egg chair. As for the color, your choice mainly depends on your taste. Don’t forget, however, that some colors do well outside than inside. Choose a color that will give you an easy time cleaning the cushions.
Since you have refreshed your mind on how to select the best egg chair, take a look at the following recommendations. We’ve selected 10 chairs with proven individual track records of customer satisfaction. Each of them has been assessed for all crucial selection factors, including comfort, safety, and ease of installation.
Best Egg Chairs in 2023
Table of Contents
1. Modway EEI-739-ORA-SET
Retreat to the calmness of your backyard with this welcoming wicker patio swing chair. A sturdy steel frame hoists the chair to give you perfect mid-air relaxing space. Evidently, the designer aimed to perfect its weaving quality. Consequently, it affords a warm balance of luxury and style.
- The eye-catching contemporary weaving style
- Highly welcoming and supportive synthetic rattan
- All-weather cushion with a machine-washable cover
- Strong powder-coated steel stand and hanging chain
Reasons to buy
The chair’s egg shape and woven texture with soft curves give it a natural but captivating appearance. It’s a great place to relax and unwind, and you can use it inside or outside. Besides, the durability of the metal stand and fabric used assures you long-lasting service.
2. Christopher Knight Home 312592 Hanging Chair
This hanging egg chair offers you engulfing coziness, which is exactly what you need after a long day/week of work. Interestingly, its teardrop-themed design enables you to lounge in style.
Since the manufacturer has rated it water-resistant, you are free to use it outdoors. It’s important to note that while the cushion will resist water drops, it will not withstand full submersion.
- Detailed and modern-looking handcrafted weave design
- Plush, tufted cushions with non-porous covering that’s easy to clean
- Comes with an iron base; thus, you can place it anywhere
- Ample space to add pillows for added comfort
- 300 lbs. weight limit
Why buy this egg chair?
Christopher Knight Home hanging chair is a high-end hammock that can add spectacular comfort to your space. It’s built with convenience handles which ensure that you swing without any worry of falling. Furthermore, its wide base and well-built metal stand provide the utmost support.
3. NICESOUL Indoor/Outdoor Egg Chair
If you are looking for a well-built egg chair for your patio or backyard, NICESOUL has something for you. What makes this egg chair an excellent choice for outdoor use is its UV-resistant cushions. In addition, it is easily foldable for quick installation and uninstallation.
- Polyethylene rattan resin wicker for strength and durability
- Powder-coated + electrophoretic paint steel frame provides dependable support
- Cushion and headrest pillow is made from polyester – plush and easy to maintain
- 350 lbs. holding capacity
Reasons to buy
Everything about this egg chair assures you of satisfactory long-term use. Its coated steel frame excludes all rusting issues. Meanwhile, the polyethylene rattan resin wicker is a perfect choice of material for weather-resistant protection. Besides, the stand frame is easy to set up and down. Overall, this is one of the most durable folding egg chairs you can find.
4. Island Bay Resin Wicker Espresso Hanging Egg Chair
How would you love to have a swing chair in the backyard? Island Bay is making your wish come true with this roomy and well-cushioned espresso hanging chair. You will like its tightly woven structure, but it’s the comfort it provides you’ll love more. Check out the features below to know whether it’s what you are looking for:
Features of Island Bay Hanging Egg Chair
- Adjustable chain height
- Steel construction
- Eye-pleasing resin wicker finished with rich espresso
- Tufted, single polyester seat cushion
- Sturdy and highly durable steel stand
Reasons to buy
This super comfortable egg chair is the best retreat for anyone in the family. You can use it regardless of your height. Adjusting the hoisting chain to the desired height is easy. Enjoy the swing as you breathe the fresh outdoor air napping or reading. It’s the life you’ve ever wanted.
5. Flower House FHEC100-RD Egg Chair
This one will sweep you off your feet with its lovely look. Whether you want to give it to a loved one or to gift yourself; it’s a great choice. Flower House seems to have thought about love when making this egg chair. The inside is incredibly restful, being made with comfortable fabric and cushioning. What’s more?
Highlights of FHEC100-RD
- Beautiful appearance enhances the look of your home
- Weather-resistant fabric for durability
- Easy to hang on its stand
- 360-degrees rotation ability
- Water bottle holder on the side of the fabric
Why buy this egg chair
First, you’ll get attracted to it by its beauty. Secondly, it fashions a unique construction. Unlike other egg chairs built with hollow woven sides, this one features a weather-resistant cloth material that keeps your space less windy. Thus, you enjoy your outdoor time in the calmest way possible even during windy days.
6. Barton Outdoor Hanging Egg
Fall is beautiful and nostalgic. This Barton outdoor hanging egg chair is the place to be whenever you feel like soaking yourself in nostalgia. It’s a great lounge chair that welcomes you into deep comfort and warmth. A strong stand holds it 28 inches high, which leaves the right distance for the legs to touch the ground.
- Durable steel frame
- Polyethylene rattan resin wicker wrapping on the steel frame
- Soft, deep, fluffy cushion
- Easy to detach from the stand
Reasons to buy
This unique swinging chair can fit both indoor and outdoor applications. Most common placements are in the garden, balcony, backyard patio, deck, sunroom, or near a pool. It’s also perfect for outdoor bars. You cannot resist the temptation of surrendering your tired body into its thick cushion. Barton has offered comfort at its best.
7. Brafab Wicker Rattan Hanging Swing Egg Chair
This Brafab hammock takes up to 350 pounds of a rest-deprived body and gives it total relaxation. Sitting and swinging in this hanging chair is therapeutic. It comes with no fancy design, but it is great in terms of functionality. Nevertheless, it is meticulously hand-crafted. Discover unique features that set it apart from other egg chairs.
- Aluminum frame
- UV-resistant cushion
- Headrest pillow
- Foldable design to reduce packaging bulk
- Shiny, rust-resistant hanging chain and spring
With its comfort and easy installation properties, this egg chair is quite a steal at its current price. Swing away the stress and anxiety of the season in this cute chair. You can use it inside and outside. In its entirety, the chair is built to last long when used as per the manufacturer’s recommendations.
8. Gheda Patio Hanging Egg Chair
If you are looking for an inexpensive, all-weather egg chair with a stand, this one from GHEDA might be a great pick. It’s designed with a thoughtful balance of comfort, durability, and safety. Most notably, its cushion wears an endearing look and a welcoming feel to the touch. Lounging in this super comfy egg chair will be one of the things you’ll miss home for when away.
Top features and highlights
- Aluminum frame and rust-proof steel base
- The safety strap attaches the seat to the stand’s vertical shaft
- Soft, easily-washable seat and headrest
- 350 pounds maximum weight holding
- Foot protection
Reasons to buy
This egg chair makes a great addition to your home space. Placement can be inside or around the house. GHEDA states that it has passed more than 1000 safety tests, which is assuring. Another aspect many users love is the quality of its cushion. It is heavily padded, and the included easy-open zippers allow for quick removal of inner cushions for cleaning.
9. YeSea Egg Chair with Stand
Some stylish chairs come at a hefty price and installation workload. This hanging chair from YeSea is different. It gives you a chance to spruce up your indoor/outdoor furniture style without breaking the bank. It’s a stand + egg chair combo with a simplistic yet dependable and snug structure.
- Seat space: 29.2” (W) x 25.6” (D) x 42.5(H）
- 350-pound weight capacity
- Aluminum frame and rust-resistant electrophoretic paint steel standing pole
- Strong, highly durable, weather-resistant rattan resin wicker
- Easy to assemble for immediate use right out of the box
Why buy this YeaSea egg chair?
If you put this hanging chair outside, you’ll start spending more time outside. Your dog will love it, too. Installation takes only a few minutes as all the required setup tools come inside the package. You could use a bit of swing after work or anytime you feel like relaxing. This egg chair has got your back, literally.
10. Luckyberry Egg Chair
If big hanging egg chairs don’t meet your preferences, this unique iron-framed egg chair might prove impressive. Right away, you’ll notice that the seat is set to give you the support and comfort of a high-end single-seater sofa. It’s complete with a headrest and armrests.
- Spring and hook on the stand’s pole have a strong weight-bearing ability
- Highly durable PE wicker
- Long-bearing safety buckle
- 4-inch plush cushion
- Well-built iron base with non-slip padding
Reasons to buy
Placed among other furniture, this chair looks elegant. It also looks nice in the garden. Children and adults can enjoy the warmth and comfort it provides. You feel as if you are floating in the air – a perfect relaxation feeling. In addition, reading is more fun when done in this chair.
How do you spend your time? If you read, watch, nap, or just lounge, having an egg chair around will greatly improve the quality of your ‘you’ time moments. The comfort these chairs offer is irresistible. The relaxation you get is priceless. Get one for your indoor or outdoor relaxation space for more enjoyable moments. It’s always a good idea to have good refreshing moments time when you break from your busy schedule.