Are you shopping for baseball gloves? With hundreds of choices, it may be difficult to choose the best fit. You want a glove that feels comfortable and durable. It should also match the position that you’re going to be playing.
Baseball can be a great sport even when practiced in the backyard. In fact, a lot of parents find baseball a great way to spend time with their kids. It is a fun way to spend time, build connections and even get some physical activity. The ones that like to play baseball with a more serious tone will come to realize that gear is important. Like with any other sport, baseball requires a bit of gear thus an initial investment is a must even when practiced as a hobby.
Baseball gloves are a great starting point. Before anything, the gloves should be the first thing on the shopping list. There are multiple types but for the most part, infielder’s mitts are the most popular especially amongst casual players. They are usually made of PU leather. More expensive models are made of genuine leather and those tend to last longer and survive wear and tear effects.
Best Baseball Gloves in 2023
Today we will have a look at 10 different gloves that either offer a great deal for the buck of having a premium build quality using genuine leather. There are thousands of models to choose from but we managed to narrow down the list to 10 models that are worth spending money on. With no further ado here are the top 10 best baseball gloves in 2023.
Table of Contents
10. Rawlings Premium Pro Series 12.5-inch PPR1250 Baseball Glove
The first glove on this list is a 12.5-inch glove. It’s made by a leading name in baseball gloves – Rawlings.
The glove comes partially broken in and features a patented solid core technology that helps improve comfort and fit. Here are a few other advantages:
- Includes H webbing. This is versatile webbing that makes the glove suitable for outfielders or infielders
- Features Opti-Core technology – this brings extra layers of pre-curved padding on the palm to improve impact absorption
- 12.5-inch glove
- Made of quality leather
Before you spend your money, you should explore the disadvantages:
- Does not includes a strap for adjusting the fit
- The glove may need to be broken in more before it becomes comfortable
Whether you’re playing infield or outfield, this is a great glove – if it fits. There is no strap. But, if you need a 12.5-inch glove, it should fit like a charm.
9. Rawlings Select Pro Lite Player Edition Youth Glove Series
Next is this youth glove from, also from Rawlings. It is an 11.75-inch glove and is available for left or right-handed players. The top advantages of this glove include:
- Lightweight material and soft leather shell – improves comfort
- Durable and easy to break in
- Leather lacing helps maintain the pocket
- Comes partially broken in
- Black with blue and orange trim
What are the disadvantages? There is just one potential issue, but it only applies to adults that are using this glove for their smaller hands:
- The leather isn’t as high-quality as high-end adult gloves
While this glove isn’t made with high-end leather, it should last several seasons. Though, youth gloves are generally made of a lighter leather so that kids will have less trouble breaking in the glove. They have yet to develop the hand strength to work with a tougher leather.
8. Wilson WTA02RB16 MLB Team T-Ball Youth Baseball Glove
At number 8 is this Wilson youth glove. It comes at about a third of the price of the previous two gloves while offering similar advantages. Though, this is also a smaller glove – at 10-inches. Here are the benefits:
- Features MLB team logo – 14 teams to choose from
- 10-inch youth glove intended for all positions
- This is for right-handed throwers
- Suitable for youth baseball or T-ball
- Made with real leather
Of course, you also need to look at the disadvantage:
- The red coloring on some gloves may appear a little pinker
This glove has received nearly a perfect score when it comes to customer reviews. The only issue that has been brought up is that the red may appear more pink than red. This may not always be the case. And, if your chosen team colors don’t feature red, then this won’t be an issue.
7. Franklin Sports Field Master Series Fast-Pitch Softball Glove
If you choose this glove, you’ll get the following benefits:
- Suitable for baseball, softball, or tee-ball
- Has a hand-formed pocket
- Uses a lightweight mesh shell design
- Soft PU leather is used for the palm materials
- Easy to break in
There are also a few disadvantages to consider:
- Not the most comfortable glove
- Will need to be broken into
When you first receive this glove, it should be a little stiff. At first, it may not be entirely comfortable. But, it is easy to break in. This is mostly intended for casual players or for children.
Overall, it’s a decent glove, especially for softball or tee-ball players. Serious baseball players may prefer one of the other options presented in this list.
6. Rawlings Playmaker Series Glove
A Rawlings glove appears on this list again. This time, it’s a worn-in glove that is available in several different sizes. Choose from 12, 12.5, or 13-inch sizes.
Here is a closer look at the main advantages of this glove:
- Has a basket web design – which creates a flexible pocket for better catch control
- Velcro strap for a custom fit – also a great feature for younger players with growing hands
- The full leather palms are already 90% broken in before purchase
This glove has received mostly positive comments from customers. Though, there are two possible issues:
- The sizing may be slightly larger than listed
- An artificial leather is used instead of real leather
The issue with the sizing is not a major issue. The sizing for this glove just runs a little large. Though, the Velcro strap can help accommodate this problem.
The glove is constructed from artificial leather. But, the palm is made from real leather. In the end, this is a decent glove for this price point.
5. Wilson A200 Series 10-inch Youth Baseball Glove
The next glove is another Wilson. This 10-inch youth glove is suitable for all positions and great for beginners. It features black material with bright blue trim.
To learn more, explore the benefits of this youth baseball glove:
- Comfortable glove with a good fit for children under 13 years of age
- Suitable for all positions
- Leather lacing improves durability
Are there any drawbacks? This is a quality glove, but you should be made aware of the following:
- Not available for left-handed throwers
- Only available in the 10-inch size
The drawbacks aren’t major issues. Basically, you’re limited as far as options. But, this doesn’t impact the quality of the glove. It’s a wonderful choice for younger players, regardless of the position that they play.
For about the price of a movie, you can get a well-built youth glove that should last several seasons – depending on whether your child outgrows the glove.
4. Louisville Slugger 9.5-inch FG Genesis Baseball Infielders Gloves
Finally, a glove that wasn’t made by Rawlings or Wilson appears on this list. This Louisville Slugger youth glove is one of the smallest gloves to make it into the list.
If you have a child that needs a comfortable, well-built glove, then check out the advantages:
- Available for left or right-handed players
- Features a Buffalo palm and shell with a mesh back
- Feels partially broken in
- The glove is soft and very pliable
The drawbacks of this glove include the following issues:
- This glove could be a little too stiff for very young players (intended for 5 to 6-year old kids)
Overall, this is a good choice for younger players. While some people may find that it’s the perfect fit for their 3 or 4-year old, the glove is intended for children ages 5 and 6. This depends on the size of your child.
It is an affordable option that should meet the needs of your young baseball player.
3. Wilson A360 Baseball Glove
Here is another Wilson glove. This time, you have the option to choose a 10, 11, or 12.5-inch glove. It is suitable for all positions and available in right or left-hand throw.
If you need a new glove, then explore the benefits of this option:
- Suitable for children or adults – depending on the size that you choose
- The glove is inexpensive – again, this depends on the size
- Features quality stitching and lacing
- The palm is made of real leather
There are also a couple of issues to pay attention to:
- Half of the material is made of synthetic leather
- Needs to be broken into
The disadvantages aren’t major problems. Even though it uses a combination of real leather and synthetic leather, it is still well-built. The glove is intended for right-hand throwers and does not take long to break in.
In the end, the main reason that this made it to the number 3 spot is due to the comfort and accurate sizing. Also, the low cost doesn’t hurt.
2. Mizuno GPP1150Y1 Youth Prospect Ball Glove
At number 2 is this Mizuno glove. It’s affordably priced and features patented PowerClose design to help create a more comfortable pocket for catching. With this glove, you can help your child learn to catch properly.
There is more to explore:
- Available for left or right-handed throw
- Heel flex technology – improves the flexibility of the glove and makes it easier to close
- The V-flex notch also helps with closure
- The PowerLock strap ensures a secure fit – this also provides a bit of leeway when it comes to sizing
As you might expect from one of the best baseball gloves in 2023, there are no major issues to discuss. This is one of the best choices when it comes to youth baseball gloves.
The original features added to this glove are specifically designed to help younger players get used to catching.
The pocket is flexible and durable, while the wrist strap makes it easier to ensure a good fit. This is an 11.5-inch glove intended for younger players. But, depending on the size of your hands, it could also be a good fit for older individuals.
1. Rawlings Sporting Goods Player Preferred Gloves
What’s the best glove in 2023? This Rawlings glove. It’s a best-seller and for good reason. You can choose from left or right handed versions, along with various color options.
Though, the appearance of the glove isn’t a major issue. So, check out the real reasons why this is the best glove:
- The best fit available for adult gloves – with maximum control due to the back design and hand adjustments
- Durable design and materials ensure long-lasting performance
- Available for left or right
- Features a zero-shock palm pad for increased comfort while catching
- Adjustable pull straps help ensure the perfect fit every time
- Basket-web forms a deep pocket that is just right for pitchers and infielders
- Made with real leather – has that real leather smell!
- Great stitching and lacing
- The leather is thick but breaks in nicely
Again, there are no disadvantages to discuss. It’s a great glove – plain and simple. If you want the best, you don’t need to spend a fortune. You can order this glove today for less than $60.
While this glove is best suited for infielders and pitchers due to the deep pocket, it can be used for other positions. This depends on your individual preferences.
What about the sizes? You can choose from 12, 12.5, 13, and 14-inch gloves. They also have a first base mitt that possesses the same advantages as the glove reviewed.
Finding the Best Baseball Glove
Before you buy a baseball glove, you need to ensure that you’re getting the right size. The easiest solution is to choose the glove size by age.
For 4 to 6-year old children, a 10-inch glove should fit. For 7 to 9-year old kids, an 11-inch glove may be a better choice. For older kids and adults, you’ll want a 12 to 13-inch baseball glove -which is also suitable for adults.
Another important consideration is whether the player throws with their left or right hand. For a left-handed thrower, you’ll want a glove for the right hand. For a right-handed thrower, you’ll want a glove for the left hand.
Some gloves are suitable for all playing positions, while others are intended for specific positions. Remember to consider these features when deciding on the right glove.
Also, when you first receive a glove, don’t be surprised if it’s a little stiff. Unless the product details specifically state that the glove is partially broken in, you’ll need to use the glove to break it in.
Use these reviews of the top 10 best baseball gloves in 2023 to narrow down your options.