Active people and the ones that enjoy a good run in the morning are quite familiar with joint pain and the problems associated with physical exercise. Running a marathon is one such example in which muscles are put under great pressure. The body will produce lactic acid which leads to soreness and decreases performance.
One way of fighting against this problem is to get compression leg sleeves. Compression helps reduce the effects of gravity and helps the body return the deoxygenated blood back to the heart. According to some studies, the walls of the arteries will dilate when pressure is applied, and blood flow is increased by 40% during the activity. Lactic acid is also involved in the process. When a compression leg sleeve is applied, the lactic acid will cycle through the body faster and its levels in the muscular tissue are lower.
Now that we get a good understanding of how compression leg sleeves are beneficial to the human body it is time to move to our list. We picked a few different models of compression leg sleeves out of the hundreds available which should help find the most appropriate model.
Best Compression Leg Sleeves in 2018
Table of Contents
- 10. Mava Sports Leg Compression Calf Sleeve
- 9. MUSETECH Compression Calf Sleeves
- 8. Meister Graduated Compression Running Leg Sleeves
- 7. Physix Gear Sport Compression Calf
- 6. Doc Miller Premium Calf Compression Sleeve
- 5. Camden Gear Calf Compression Sleeve
- 4. Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves
- 3. Blitzu Calf Compression Sleeve Socks
- 2. Run Forever Sports Leg Compression Socks
- 1. BeVisible Sports Shin Splint Leg Compression Socks
- Things to keep in mind when looking for a leg compression sleeve
10. Mava Sports Leg Compression Calf Sleeve
Mava Sports leg compression sleeve is a simple product that is advertised as being premium. Surely, the price tag may indicate so but what matters the most is that it does what it is supposed to do.
The compression sleeve is made using a breathable fabric that feels rather comfortable on the calf. It does not cover the knees or the ankle.
What will matter the most is the benefit that comes with wearing the Maya Sports compression sleeve. If it is tight enough it can reduce muscular fatigue and boost circulation. It is also stated that the sleeve can improve vertical jumps and force in the legs thus it enhances performance.
As a bonus benefit, the sleeve from Mava also helps keep the area warm and can be worn even while the muscles are recovering.
- Improves blood circulation and performance
- Can be used to accelerate recovery
- Available in multiple sizes and colors
- Moisture-wicking and breathable design
9. MUSETECH Compression Calf Sleeves
MUSETECH realized that there is no mystery science when it comes to compression sleeves. Their leg compression sleeves are made using a simple stretchable fabric that helps improved blood flow and prevents injuries.
The sleeves are on the cheaper end of things but they do exactly what they advertise. Having a tight and snug fit but without being uncomfortable to wear, the sleeve will prove their worth especially for the ones that are into running.
To prevent them from causing the area to overheat, the fabric used was made to be breathable. They do not offer a warming sensation which recommends them for use even during a hot summer day.
- Easy to stretch breathable material
- Enhances blood circulation for better performance and recovery
- Machine washable and wear and tear resistant
- Inexpensive, 2 colors to choose from
8. Meister Graduated Compression Running Leg Sleeves
Meister Graduated offers a great pair of compression running leg sleeves. They come in a pair of sleeves that goes from just above the ankles and below the knees, covering the entire calf area.
For power users, the compression sleeve benefits will become noticeable from the first use. They are made from a breathable material that wicks moisture and applies just the right amount of pressure.
Because the sleeves are made from a very resilient fabric, it will prevent scratches that might occur while running and it will resist tears. As for diversity, the sleeve can be found in multiple sizes and 7 different colors.
- Protects the skin from scratches
- Improves blood flow and allows the skin to breath
- Limits swelling and absorbs moisture
- Comfortable yet snug fit
7. Physix Gear Sport Compression Calf
Physix Gear sport compression sleeves were made with comfort in mind above anything else. They still offer the same performance as most other sleeves, but they apply less compression.
The compression sleeves can help increase performance and speed up recovery by reducing the amount of lactic acid in the muscles and improve oxygenation. It uses double stitched steams and go from below the knee and just above the ankle.
In terms of practicality, the sleeve is very easy to put on and will stay on without slipping. They use a special fabric that allows the skin to breathe and does not cause an uncomfortable warmth sensation.
- Very comfortable to wear
- Stays on and does not slip off the leg
- Breathable fabric and quite durable
- Help reduce lactic acid in muscles and improves oxygenation in the tissue
6. Doc Miller Premium Calf Compression Sleeve
The Doc Miller premium leg compression sleeve will prove to be a great pick for the ones that enjoy a good run every morning. It is also suitable for marathons and pretty much any activity that requires a lot of leg effort.
As expected, the sleeve is made out of a breathable fabric and has a natural fit that does apply the compression evenly. It also has an anti-slip material applied on the edges that help it stay properly in place.
- Breathable material
- Speeds up recovery and reduces muscle fatigue
- Loads of different colors and sizes available
- Perfect for any type of physical activity
5. Camden Gear Calf Compression Sleeve
Camden Gear compression sleeve is a good budget solution that offers good performance. The sleeve is made out of a breathable material with high elasticity and good durability. It is meant to be worn on the calf and it does not cover the knees or ankles.
The benefits of using the leg compression sleeves from Camden will be noticeable from the first use. Because of the improved blood flow, muscle soreness is reduced, and blood flow is increased. This improves muscle performance.
In terms of practicality, the sleeves stay on very well. They let the skin breath and offer a gradual compression towards the middle.
- Gradual compression, lower at the ends
- Made out of a breathable fabric using spandex and lycra
- Reduces muscle soreness
- Improves blood flow and oxygenation in the muscle tissue
4. Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves
Zensah leg compression sleeve may seem expensive but the quality it offers places it well above most other similar products. It is made from a thicker material using nylon and spandex which helps it retain better elasticity and apply better compression.
The sleeves are excellent for performance athletes or even simple joggers. Because of their anti-odor technology, the sleeves are also easy to maintain and travel with.
For athletes and active individuals, wearing the sleeves from Zensah means improved performance and reduced fatigue. It helps the muscles recover faster due to the improved blood flow and reduction of lactic acid.
- Reduces pain and lactic acid as well as faster recovery
- Anti-odor technology
- Thicker and more resilient fabric using spandex and nylon
- Wide selection of colors and sizes available
3. Blitzu Calf Compression Sleeve Socks
Blitzu compression sleeve if a good pick especially for runners. It offers a good compression over the entire length of the calf which helps reduce pain and improve performance. According to the manufacturers, they were specifically made for runners.
What recommends the compression sleeve for runners is the fact that it does not obstruct movement as it does not cover the knees and ankles, yet it protects the muscles and improves blood flow.
Looking at the construction of the sleeve, the Blitzu is made using a very resistant elastic fabric that feels comfortable to wear and allows the skin to breathe. The fabric is machine wash safe and the model itself is available in multiple colors and sizes.
- Inexpensive but well made
- Great fit yet they do not feel excessively tight
- Allows the skin to breath and prevents soreness
- Specially made for runners
2. Run Forever Sports Leg Compression Socks
The Run Forever Sports leg compression sleeve is a good pick for the ones that are looking for a cheap solution for muscle soreness. It will not completely prevent soreness, but it can improve performance, reduce pain and help with recovery by increasing the blood flow in the muscle tissue.
It is not much different from the more expensive sleeve. The Run Forever Sports sleeve is made out of high-quality materials using nylon and spandex and comes with anti-slip straps. Being quite elastic, makes the strap fit most people, regardless of its size.
According to the manufacturers, the sleeve is considered professional grade. It basically offers the right amount of compression to make a difference. It can be used for all types of sports and it is machine wash safe.
- Help reduce soreness and reduce muscle fatigue
- Made out of high-quality materials
- Non-slip surface, just the right amount of compression
- 5 colors to choose from and 4 different sizes
1. BeVisible Sports Shin Splint Leg Compression Socks
BeVisible makes a great set of leg compression sleeves for a very decent price tag. Their sleeves are made out of a combination of nylon and spandex but still allow the skin to breathe properly. They will not overheat the calf or cause sweating. The sleeve will allow the area to remain cool.
According to BeVisible, the sleeves were designed to offer the perfect amount of compression by using the right type of fabric and the perfect size. The edges of the sleeve has an anti-slip material that ensures it will stay properly into place.
- Excellent compression and comfort levels
- Anti-slip strap for the bottom and top
- Durable fabric with high elasticity
- Does not cause the calf to overheat and allows the skin to breath
Things to keep in mind when looking for a leg compression sleeve
Leg compression sleeves tend to look the same and that is because they usually are nearly identical products. There are some models that are worst than others and there are ways to spot which is worth purchasing and which is just a useless piece of cloth.
- Fabric: The material from which compression sleeves tends to be the same. The vast majority are made out of nylon and spandex. It can be very difficult to find a cotton sleeve maybe because it does not stretch.
- Length: Some compression sleeves usually cover the ankle and knee. While they are great for recovery since they improve blood flow in the entire leg, they are not great for mobility. It is a bit more difficult to run when there is compression applied to the joints.
- Anti-slip strips: It is a bit odd but not all compression sleeves have an anti-slip band. If there is no such band, the sleeve will slip. Most of the models that we selected have an anti-slip band at the top and bottom side of the sleeve.
- Pricing: When it comes to pricing, things are a bit shady. There are a lot of overpriced leg compression sleeves. Truth be told there is absolutely no reason to overpay for a compression sleeve since they are almost the same. Just because it has a certain design or texture it does not make it any better or worth spending 2 or 3 times the price of a similar model.
There is no valid reason not to get a leg compression sleeve. Even if one might not have the impression that it is needed, even if recovery is fast, a compression sleeve can accelerate the entire process.
One thing that some people do not think about is the performance enhancement aspect. A good pair of compression sleeves will surely reduce fatigue and help the muscles cope better with the effort. It is one item that should not be missing, and everyone should get a pair, especially the ones that are into running.