Do you need a new watch? Perhaps you need a special gift? Sports watches come in all types of designs, styles, and provide various features.
You can find sports watches that track fitness, include digital displays, and other useful options that make the sports watch more functional.
Discover the top 10 best sports watches for men in 2019. Find the perfect watch for yourself or as a gift.
Best Sport Watches For Men in 2019
Last update on 2019-08-08 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. BINZI Big Face Sports Watch for Men
This BINZI sports watch is a quality choice, making to this list of the top watches in 2019. It has a comfortable silicone strap and multiple functions. You can learn more by checking out these benefits and features:
- LED backlight sports watch
- Large watch face with multiple functions – chronograph, alarm, and stopwatch
- Analog-digital watch with illuminated hands
- The controls are easy to use
Those are great features. But, you also need to consider the drawbacks:
- Rated 3ATM waterproof – but the manufacturers recommend that you don’t wear it while swimming or showering
- The backlight only lights the digital display – not the hands
- Some people have mentioned that their watch had misaligned hands. This appears to be a manufacturing defect that affects some of the watches
The balance of pros and cons makes this a decent option. Though, there are still 9 more watches to explore.
9. Armitron Sports Men’s 40/8188 Digital Chronograph Resin Strap Sport Watch
This Armitron sports watch is exactly what you’d expect from a sports watch. It’s got a rugged design and a very crowded watch face that displays the time, date, timer, and chronograph.
Why should you consider this sports watch? Compare the pros and cons:
- Features a resin band with a buckle closure
- Water resistant up to 330 feet (100 meters) – you can take it underwater or in the shower
- When you press the light, there is a soft green glow behind the digital display
- There is an alarm that you can set
- Includes a detailed manual that explains all the watch functions
- Easily switch between the different functions by pressing a single button
Here are the possible drawbacks:
- The backlight isn’t very bright – if you have trouble seeing in the dark you may have trouble viewing the watch face in the dark
- The exterior of the watch may scratch easily
For a watch that costs less than $20, the drawbacks aren’t major issues. The bottom line is that this watch has what you want on a sports watch, along with quality water resistance.
8. Gosasa Men’s GOSK1155B S Shock Digital Quartz Black Watch
At number 8 is this Gosasa sports watch. It’s another multifunction watch that includes time, date, and chronograph. It’s a fashionable watch, with bright blue trim and accents.
Below, you can examine the main features and advantages:
- Includes a soft wristband that is incredibly comfortable – you’ll forget you have your watch on
- Solid stainless steel back cover
- Water resistant up to 50 meters – don’t press buttons while the watch is submerged in water
- The battery should last about 3 years
- Precise quartz and digital movements
- The light stays on for 5 seconds
The advantages are great and there are only a couple disadvantages:
Requires 2 watch batteries – one for the digital display and one for the analog power. But, the provided batteries should last for about 3 years
May not be the most durable watch – you should use caution when engaging in rough activities
Here’s another example where the disadvantages aren’t a big deal. Though, everyone has their own preferences. It’s a good choice a stylish design.
7. US Polo Assn. Sports Men’s US9061 Watch with Black Rubber Strap Watch
The next watch to consider has a classy look thanks to a two-tone design. The watch face is white, with black accents, while the strap features white and black rubber. The rest of the features and benefits include:
- Quartz movement with an analog display
- Includes a daily alarm, timer, and day and date functions
- The second hand is red – this makes it easier to see in low-light conditions
In addition to the advantages, you need to look at the disadvantages. With this watch, there are a few issues to consider:
- The white clock hands can be difficult to read
- The band is stiff and you need to be careful when breaking it in
The first issue is the clock hands. They are white, which can make it hard to read in low-light conditions. There is a backlight, but this isn’t too helpful.
The other problem is that the band is stiff and if you’re not careful, it can easily break or crack. When you first start wearing this watch, you need to use caution. Don’t treat the watch roughly. Wear it daily until the band begins to match the curve of your wrist.
If you can get past those two issues, this is a decent watch. But, the fragile watch strap may make this an unsuitable option for young men or guys that may expose their watch to rough conditions.
6. Timex Men’s Ironman Classic 30 Full-Size Watch
At number 6 on this list is a Timex watch. It’s available in a wide variety of color combinations and has an attractive, simple design that should appeal to most men. Here are the top features and reasons to buy this sports watch:
- Water resistant up to 330 feet (100 meters)
- Indiglo light-up watch dial
- Comfortable resin strap with a buckle closure
- Includes an alarm, stopwatch, and a countdown timer
- Features 30 lap memory
- Set up to 15 reminders for special events
- 14 different colors to choose from
As usual, there are a few cons that you should pay attention to:
- You are not supposed to press the buttons while the watch is submerged
- The rubber clasp on the watch band isn’t very durable
Most of the sports watches on this list are water resistant and not being able to press the buttons while the watch is submerged in water is a common recommendation. So, it’s not really a disadvantage – more of an inconvenience.
In the end, it’s a quality watch with multiple alarms, a timer, and a stopwatch. The light-up watch dial is easy to read and the functions are all simple to use.
Click here for: Top 10 Best Android Smartwatch Reviews
5. CakCity Men’s Digital Sports Watch LED Screen Large Face Military Watches
This next digital sports watch is fashionable, sporty, and durable. It features a simple digital display and the following details and benefits:
- Large dial with numbers that light up – easy to read in the dark
- Water resistant up to 164 feet (50 meters) – suitable for swimming or bathing
- LED backlight lights up the display
- Shock resistant – suitable for both outdoor and indoor sports
- Includes 24-hour time mode, alarm, and stopwatch
There are a couple of disadvantages to consider. This includes:
- The watch emits a “chirp” every time that you press a button
- The watch scratches easily
The “chirp” produced by the watch can’t be turned off. If this beeping sound bothers you, then you should look for a different watch. It isn’t a loud beep, but it can be annoying in a quiet setting.
Also, the watch scratches easily. This is not a rugged watch intended for rough use. If you’re not careful, the watch face can get scratched. Though, you get what you pay for – this watch costs less than $15.
4. Fanmis Men’s Military Multifunction Digital LED Watch
The next watch offers numerous functions housed in an attractive watch with a comfortable wristband. The watch face has a mineral glass mirror surface to protect the dial. It should fit wrists 6.5 to 9.25-inches.
If you want to know more – here are the advantages:
- The backlight illuminates the display – you can easily see the time in the dark
- Includes a stopwatch, timer, alarms, and calendar
- Shock resistant – making it suitable for most activities
- Water resistant up to 50 meters (164 feet)
- Solid stainless steel back cover
- The battery should last 3 years
The only disadvantages include the following:
- Not resistant to scratches – but it costs less than $15
- The instructions don’t include English
The drawbacks are again not big issues. This is a standard sports watch. You can figure out the functions by playing around with the buttons, which aren’t complicated to understand. As for the scratch resistance – if you play rough, it will get scratches. So, if this is important to you, then be careful while wearing the watch.
3. PALADA Men’s Sports Digital Wrist Watches Electronic Quartz Movement
At number 3 is a quality digital sports watch with quartz movement. It has a LED backlight, soft watch band, and these features and benefits:
- Large digital display – easy to read the time in most settings
- Acrylic mirror surface
- 24-hour and 12-hour time formats
- Includes an alarm and chronograph
- Water resistant up to 50 meters (164 feet)
- Shock resistant design – making it suitable for indoor or outdoor use
Along with those benefits, there are a couple drawbacks:
- You can’t press buttons while the watch is wet
- The compass doesn’t work – it’s just a decoration
- Should not be used in extremely hot or cold temperatures
The only drawbacks are relatively minor. For example, you can’t press buttons while the watch is wet. This is normal for water resistant watches. When you press a button, water could get inside the case – damaging the watch.
The compass doesn’t work. It is just a decoration. There is really no need for this and it would have created a cleaner display if the manufacturers had simply removed this decoration.
Overall, this is a good choice, with just a few potential drawbacks. It has an easy to read display and the features that you’d expect from a sports watch.
2. Aposon Men’s Digital Electronic Waterproof LED Sport Watch
The 2nd best sports watch is this option from Aposon. It has a minimal design, which also makes it suitable for casual wear. Learn more about this top choice by examining these benefits:
- Waterproof up to 50-meters
- Shock resistant design protects watch against damage
- Includes a silicone rubber watch band that makes the watch comfortable wear
- Dual time support for 2 separate time zones
- Displays the time and date on the LED digital display
- Includes a stopwatch function
- Large watch face with a dark background
In addition to the advantages, you’ll need to look at the disadvantages:
- The display is dark
- The plastic ring around the dial face serves no purpose
The display is purposely dark. But, it is still easy to read. The reason is to give the walk a sleek, minimal look. This also helps make it suitable to wear in just about any setting.
The only real issue is the plastic ring located on the dial face. This appears to serve no purpose, but it doesn’t impact the function of the watch.
It is 5ATM water resistant and rated waterproof up to 50 meters. You can swim or shower with this watch on. Just make sure that you don’t press any of the buttons while the watch is wet. This helps ensure the water doesn’t penetrate the interior of the watch.
Overall, you get a great watch with a simple design at a low price.
1. Casio Men’s W800H-1AV Classic Sports Watch with Black Band
Here is the top choice for men’s sports watches in 2019. It’s the classic Casio sports watch with a black band. It remains the best-selling and most highly-rated watch available and it costs less than $20.
But, there is more to explore. Here are the advantages:
- The battery should last 10 years or longer before needing replacement
- 100-meter water resistance
- LED light with afterglow
- 1/100-second digital stopwatch
- 12/24 hour formats
- Hourly time signal
- Auto calendar – through the year 2099
- Mineral window protects the square watch face
- Digital display with time, date, and other functions
There are a couple of potential disadvantages. Though, these may not be issues for everyone:
The light only stays on for about 1.5-seconds and illuminates from the lower edge of the watch face
Does not include a countdown timer
These are minor issues that don’t impact the overall quality of the watch. The simple light that is used to illuminate the screen may have been chosen to ensure the 10-year battery life.
In the end, this is the top choice for those wanting a standard men’s sports watch. It’s simple, functional, and built to last.
How to Find the Best Sports Watches for Men
When shopping for a sports watch, there are two main considerations – the design and the special features. Among the most important features is water resistance, especially if you plan on wearing your watch while swimming or engaging in water activities.
Of course, you also need to consider style and design. Do you want a sleek, modern sports watch that is suitable for work? Or, do you want a large display with a variety of features? Keep all this in mind as you narrow down your choices.
Now that you have a list of the top 10 best sports watches for men in 2019, you can compare the watches and make an informed decision.