Top 10 Best Badminton Rackets in 2023
When it comes to games that are perfect for the warm weather, there are few choices better than badminton. Its rules are easy to learn, and it’s a sport that’s fun whether you’re just learning how to play or a true badminton ace.
Badminton doesn’t require a lot of equipment, but having a high-quality racket is a must. The badminton racket is really your best ally when it comes to playing well.
There are plenty of rackets available, but how do you know which one is best to guy? The choices can be truly overwhelming.
With that in mind, we’ve done the research for you and put together our list of the top 10 best badminton rackets in 2023. Whatever your budget – or your level of play – you’re sure to find a racket here that will be exactly right.
What to Look for in a Badminton Racket
Before we run through our picks, let’s talk about the qualities you should look for in a badminton racket. There are specific things you should look for before you buy.
- The tension of the strings is a huge consideration when buying a badminton racket. You might be tempted to go for the highest possible tension, but that’s not always the best choice. Beginners should aim for 20 lbs., intermediate players between 22 and 23 pounds, and expert players can handle 25+ pounds.
- Another consideration is the material the frame is made of, and whether the frame is made of one piece or more than one. Aluminum tends to be the material of choice for less expensive rackets, while high-end rackets are made of graphite or carbon fiber. As a rule, a one-piece frame will offer greater control and durability than a frame that’s assembled from more than one piece.
- The grip of the handle is also important. Towel grips are softer and provide better sweat absorption than synthetic grips, but they are also less hygienic. Choose synthetic if you don’t want to be buying new grips all the time.
- The weight of the racket is important too. Light rackets are maneuverable and easy to swing, but also offer less control than heavier rackets. People who want a lot of hitting power will probably want to opt for a heavier racket. It’s a matter of personal preference.
- Finally, think about the shape of the racket. The traditional shape is an oval, which is top heavy and has a concentrated sweet spot. Other rackets have an isometric head, slightly squared and with a larger sweet spot that’s better for off-kilter shots.
Choosing the right badminton racket for your personal taste is a matter of balancing all of the above factors to arrive at a racket that suits your needs.
Now that you know what to look for in a racket, let’s look at our picks for the top 10 best badminton rackets in 2023. We think you’ll find that our list includes something for everyone.
Best Badminton Rackets in 2023
10. Senston N80 Graphite Single High-grade Badminton Racquet,Carbon Fiber Badminton Racket,Including Badminton Bag
First up on our list is the Senston N80 Graphite Single High-grade Badminton Racquet. This is a great choice for badminton enthusiasts. Here’s why we like it:
- Weighing in at just 80 grams, it’s light but still substantial.
- Strings at 22-23 pounds are perfect for intermediate players.
- Micro-carbon fiber offers extreme durability combined with an attractive appearance.
Here are some negatives that you might want to consider before buying:
- Because it is light it doesn’t have a ton of hitting power.
- The synthetic grip is a bit slippery, particularly if you’re sweating.
- You’ll have to be careful removing the plastic from the grip or it may tear.
For the price, this is a very high-quality badminton racket.
9. Yonex Nanoray 10F Badminton Racquet 2016 ver – Pink
Coming in at #9 on our list is the Yonex Nanoray 10F Badminton Racquet. Here’s why we picked it:
- Super lightweight racket is ideal for beginners.
- Highly maneuverable thanks to its weight and top balance.
- Comes with a half cover included.
As is always the case, there are a few potential negatives to consider:
- This racket doesn’t have a ton of smashing power.
- The strings are not top quality, so you may want to restring it eventually.
The grip is very thin and may wear out quickly.
This is a good starter racket that can be improved by adding a custom grip and restringing.
8. Champion Sports Champion Double Steel Shaft/Frame Badminton Racket
At #8 on our list is the Champion Sports Champion Double Steel Shaft/Frame Badminton Racket. Here’s what we like about it:
- Tempered, double steel shaft, and frame.
- High-quality nylon strings.
- The sturdy frame is virtually indestructible.
- Heavier weight is good for those who want a lot of power.
We really like this racket for its sturdiness, but here are a few cons to consider:
- The heavy weight may not be for everybody.
- The handle is on the small side, so may not be good for people who want a large grip.
- A good beginner racket but not ideal for serious players.
This is a good racket if you want some hitting power and don’t want to spend a lot to get it.
7. BSN Badminton Racquet (Prism Pack)
If you’re looking for an inexpensive way to get rackets for a crowd, this BSN Badminton Racket Prism Pack is one to consider. Here’s why we chose it:
- Pack comes with six rackets in an array of colors so everyone can pick their favorite.
- Adult-size rackets are light enough for kids to use, too.
- Rust-free steel frames stay in good condition even if you leave them out in the rain.
These rackets are affordable, but there are a few things to be cautious about:
- The wraps on the handles are a bit flimsy and may need to be rewrapped.
- The strings are good quality for beginners, but serious players may want to restring them.
- Lightweight design doesn’t offer a lot of hitting power.
If you’re looking for an affordable way to get the whole family on the badminton court, this pack is a good way to go.
6. Wilson Ti Smash Badminton Racquet
Coming in at #6 on our list is the Wilson Ti Smash Badminton Racquet. Wilson is a respected name in sporting goods, and here’s why we picked this one for our list:
- One-piece shaft ensures maximum playability.
- The titanium frame is virtually indestructible.
- Weighs in at about 100 grams – a good weight for beginners and intermediate players.
This is a solid racket, but here are a few other considerations:
- This racket doesn’t have a ton of hitting power if that’s important to you.
- Strings are fairly inexpensive and racket will need to be restrung after extended play.
- Frame is a bit inflexible and thus, not as maneuverable as some others.
If you’re looking for a solid racket to help you improve your game without breaking the bank, this racket will help you get there.
5. Senston WOVEN Full carbon Single High-grade Badminton Racquet
At #5 on our list is the Senston WOVEN Full carbon Single High-grade Badminton Racquet, Badminton Racket, Including Badminton Bag. This is what we like about this racket:
- Woven technology gives this racket a high-end, professional look.
- Strings at 22-23 lbs. are perfect for intermediate players.
- Lightweight frame still has considerable power.
And here are a few potential negatives to take into consideration:
- Players who want a lot of hitting power may want a heavier racket.
- Price is on the high side of the level of quality.
This is not the least expensive racket on our list, but it is decent quality and a step up from most beginner rackets.
4. Salaun Badminton Advanced Family Game Kit
Do you want an all-inclusive kit for your family? If so, we recommend the Salaun Badminton Advanced Family Game Kit. Here’s why we like it:
- All-inclusive kit includes four adult and two junior rackets, a net and everything you need to put it up, six shuttles, instructions, and a carrying case.
- A durable set is good for family play and lightweight enough for beginners.
- Perfect for getting the whole family involved.
Here are a few potential downsides of this kit:
- The net is sturdy enough to stand up to normal bad weather but needs to be taken down in high wind.
- The grips are not very sturdy and may need to be replaced.
- Solid quality for beginners but advanced players may want better rackets.
This is a fun way to get your family playing.
3. Yonex Nanoray 70 DX Black/ Lime Strung Badminon Racquet
If you’re ready for a slightly more professional racket, it’s hard to go wrong with the Yonex Nanoray 70 DX Black/ Lime Strung Badminon Racquet. Here’s why it made the cut:
- Strings at 24 pounds are good for advanced players, providing a lot of hitting power.
- Stiff frame with a light head balance offers a lot of maneuverability.
- Resilient construction means this racket will last a long time.
Those are its good qualities, but here are some other issues:
- Players who prefer a heavier balance may not like this racket.
- If you want a 25 lb. or 26 lb. string, you’ll have to pay to have it restrung.
- Grips may need to be replaced.
This is a quality racket that’s ideal for intermediate to advanced players.
2. Genji Sports Ahead 360 Nano Kevlar 7200Z badminton racket
Coming in at #2 on our list is the Genji Sports Ahead 360 Nano Kevlar 7200Z badminton racket. Here’s why we chose it:
- Nano Kevlar graphite frame is sturdy and can take a beating.
- At 83 grams, this racket is lightweight but still very sturdy.
- 21-gram fiber string is used to pre-string the racket at 22 pounds.
This is a good quality racket, but there are a few things to keep in mind:
- The grip is not a full grip, so you may need to buy a grip to replace it.
- The bag that comes with the racket is a tight fit.
- The paint job isn’t perfect.
If you’re looking for a reliable racket that you can use to play at an intermediate level (as is) or an advanced level (with upgrades such as restringing and replacing the grips) this is a good racket to try.
1. FiberFlash 7 Badminton Racket Set
And finally, the number one pick on our list is the FiberFlash 7 Badminton Racket Set by RiteTrak Sports, 2 Carbon Fiber Shaft Racquets, 3 Shuttlecocks plus
Fabric Carrying Bag All Included. This is a very high-quality racket that is worth the price. Here’s what we like about it:
- One-piece, carbon fiber shaft is durable and offers maximum control.
- The set comes with two professional rackets, pre-strung and with a carrying case, as well as three shuttlecocks.
- String tension is between 22 and 24 pounds.
- Lightweight rackets weigh 90 grams apiece.
This is a great set, but here are a few considerations:
- The birdies that come with this set are not top quality.
- The rackets are not heavy, which limits their hitting power.
All in all, these rackets are very high quality and an excellent value for the money.
Getting the right badminton racket is important if you want to enjoy the game. The 10 rackets (and racket sets) on this list provide something for beginners, intermediate players, and serious badminton junkies. We’re sure you’ll find one to suit your tastes here.
Do you know any thing about badminton? Dont waste your page just by giving nonsense information.
Some shit racquets are being displayed…. where is duora 10? Voltric 80 E-tune?
Or change your heading as Amazon’s best selling rackets.
There are many ways to enjoy a day out in the backyard or somewhere outdoors. Some activities are more pleasant than others. A casual way to spend such a day is to enjoy a few matches of badminton. It is a relatively relaxing way of having fun without having to invest too much. A lot of people enjoy it and even more are thinking about buying a pair of rackets for their next trip.
This simple racquet sport can be played by two or more people. It was introduced in the mid-19th century and gained popularity mainly amongst the British. The origins of the name of the sport are relatively vague but in the beginning it was also known as Poona or Poonah. Today the game is enjoyed on a global scale. Pretty much everywhere around the world people enjoy playing badminton at a casual level although there are also competitions with athletes that play the game professionally.
Best Badminton Rackets in 2017
For today we will go through 10 of the more popular badminton rackets. The build quality and pricing is important. Nobody wants to spend too much money on a badminton racket. For this reason we selected the most decent models that are fairly affordable and can be used to play the game at a casual level. With no further ado here are the top 10 best badminton rackets in 2017.
10. Yonex Muscle Power 2 Badminton Racket
Yonex Muscle Power 2 is a decent option with a rather sturdy construction. The model is reasonably priced and comes in multiple sizes that should be useful in order to match the racket with the size of the player.
The model is made using an aluminum frame with a carbon graphite shaft. It was designed to offer high levels of repulsion which makes it rather close to professional grade models in terms of performance and how easy it is to handle the racket.
9. Senston Badminton Set
Senston is a more notorious brands in the sports segment. They have multiple different products and all of them are well made using high quality materials. The badminton set they offer comes in a pair. Each racket is made using a lightweight aluminum frame.
Unlike other models the Senston uses lightweight premium materials that make them very comfortable. The stringing supports almost 20 pounds which is quite a lot.
8. Li-Ning Badminton Racquet Smash Series
Li-Ning offers a great and affordable Badminton racquet set. Despite the low price tag the racquets are well made and durable. One of the things that set them apart is the fact that they are made out of carbon fiber. This makes them extremely lightweight.
Read also: Top 10 Best Treadmills in 2017
The product comes in a set of two racquets. It also includes a small carry bag to make them easy to store. They are fairly flexible but very difficult to break at the same time. For the sake of diversity the manufacturers made them available in multiple colors.
7. Speedminton Fun Badminton Set
The Speedminton Fun badminton set is a product made for the ones that like to play only at a casual level. It includes two racquets and birdies. Each racquet is decently made out of lightweight aluminum. The kit also include glowing lights that can be attached to the racquets.
The only thing that is missing from the kit is a carry bag. Some might see this as a con but for the price it offers a decent deal. It is a full kit that comes with a low price tag.
6. Wilson Adult’s All Gear Badminton Kit
Wilson badminton kit is a great option for adults that like to spend time outdoors. It is a kit that includes two racquets and two birdies. Each racquet is painted in orange and it is made using lightweight aluminum. They feel fairly solid and easy to handle due to their excellent grip handle.
To make it easier to carry around the manufacturers included a bag. Judging by the fact that this is a full kit it offers great value for money. It is inexpensive and comes with everything needed to start enjoying a game of badminton.
5. Yonex Nanoray 10 NR10 2014 Badminton Racket
Yonex Nanoray 10 NR10 is a great badminton racket that might seem a bit expensive to some. It is close to what can be considered a professional racquet with a premium build quality using excellent materials.
The product was made using a lightweight aluminum frame. It comes with strings installed and perfectly balanced. The handle is covered in a special material that improves grip. It is worth mentioning that the model comes as a single racquet and not a set. It is available in multiple colors and pricing may vary a bit.
4. Yonex Combo Badminton Set
The Yonex badminton set is an excellent choice for beginners that would like to give this relaxing sport a try. It comes as a kit including two racquets, a carry bag and two birdies.
Each racquet was made to be lightweight and easy to use with a solid grip and tight strings. Surprisingly the kit is very affordable yet it does not feel cheap or of poor quality. It is a great choice for the ones that are constricted by a limited budget.
3. Baden Champions Badminton
Baden Champions badminton set is a great kit that includes plenty of useful accessories. In fact it also includes a volleyball and a net. The badminton kit is made of four different racquets and four birdies.
As expected the kit is a bit more expensive due to the number of items it includes. All of them are sturdy and well made. On top of all this the kit includes everything needed to setup the net and start playing right out of the bag.
2. Franklin Sports Badminton Set
Franklin Sports offers a great and inexpensive badminton set. It is almost difficult to believe that the kit includes four racquets, a net, mounting poles and two birdies.
The only downside is the fact that the kit might not seem well made for some. However it offers great value for the money and it even includes a carry bag. It is an excellent choice for the ones that would like to play the game with 3 friends and do not wish to spend too much money on a badminton set.
1. Franklin Sports Badminton Set
The Franklin Sports 2 player badminton set is not only one of the most popular options but also one of the most affordable ones as well. It is an inexpensive set that includes two racquets and two birdies.
Unlike other bundles it does not include a bag or a net. Each racquet is decently made using an aluminum frame and durable strings. It is an excellent choice for the ones that would like to enjoy the game at a recreational level.
There are many different badminton sets available on the market. Some are sturdier than others. Also some bundles are specifically made for recreational use while others are for users that want to play it at a more serious level.
For our list we managed to select badminton racquets and bundles from all categories. Their pricing can vary a bit but all of them are within affordable ranges. What matters the most is to get a clear idea of what kind of set to get as some sets include a net as well.