Top 10 Best Yogurt Making Machines in 2023
Living a healthy lifestyle is not just about working out. The food we put into our bodies can make a huge difference. Over the past few years we saw more and more people buying appliances to make their own bread, cheese and even yogurt. Out of all of them, yogurt seems to be the most accessible. Making yogurt at home is easy, inexpensive and it barely takes any time. On top of all this, yogurt makers are also very inexpensive and there are plenty to choose from.
The way yogurt makers work is very simple. A large unit is used to maintain an internal temperature constant so that the milk would start fermentation. A starter is needed or a bit of yogurt so that the fermentation process will transform the raw milk as well. The most effective way to make yogurt is to use small recipients. Yogurt makers that have one large recipient have a harder time maintaining the same temperature inside. It will be warmer towards the walls and colder near the middle. For our list we selected mostly yogurt makers that have smaller recipients for the yogurt.
Best Yogurt Making Machines in 2023
This makes it much easier to make small batches and to store them properly. At the same time, it is much easier to make multiple types of yogurt at the same time. For the sake of diversity, we also included a few yogurt makers that make the yogurt in a large bucket. With all these things in mind let us get right into our list of the top 10 best yogurt making machines in 2023.
10. Gourmia GYM1620 Digital Yogurt Maker
Gourmia GYM1620 digital yogurt maker is a simple device with a low price tag. It was made to be simple, easy to use and deliver delicious yogurt that takes almost no effort to make. The design is simple and the kit includes everything needed to start making yogurt at home.
- 7 individual jars with lids
- Simple to operate with just a start/stop button and a timer button
- Free recipe book included
- Instructions seem to be incorrect. It might be better to just ignore them completely
One odd thing about the yogurt maker is the fact that the instructions are wrong. The way they say in the book to start or set the timer seems to be wrong or maybe for a different model. On the other hand the yogurt maker is very intuitive to use even without proper instructions.
9. Euro Cuisine 2qt Yogurt and Greek Yogurt Maker
Euro Cuisine is a brand that inspires trust due to the quality of their products. Their 2qt yogurt maker is a good pick for the ones that really enjoy yogurt. It can make large batches at once and it even works with soy milk. The yogurt maker is very easy to use and it is BPA free which is a major plus.
- Can make batches of 2 qt at once
- Completely BPA free
- Easy to use with just a timer and an on/off button
- Due to the size of the glass jar, the heat is not distributed evenly inside
In terms ease of use, the yogurt maker is a straight forward device. All it takes is to set the timer and turn it on. Inside the box the manufacturers included a stainless steel thermometer and a cotton bag that can be used to make Greek yogurt.
8. Aroma Housewares AYM-606 8-Cup Digital Yogurt Maker
Aroma Housewares AYM-606 comes as a cheap and reliable yogurt maker. It has a different design when compared with other yogurt makers but for most part it works quite well. It may not look much in terms of design but the yogurt it makes is as natural as yogurt can ben.
- Includes 8 BPA free individual cups with their own lid
- Digital timer and automatic shut-off
- Easy to use and just as easy to clean
- Build quality is a bit disappointing
Looking at what the yogurt maker offers, the device does have a decent capacity. It can make up to 8 cups of yogurt at once. All 8 cups are BPA free and come with lids that completely seal them. They are dishwasher safe and they can be stored in a fridge.
7. Cuisipro Donvier Electronic Yogurt Maker
The Cuisipro Donvier yogurt maker is one of the smallest models of its type. It has a decent capacity and can make 8 cups of yogurt at once. The shape of the yogurt maker is a bit more ergonomic which helps save counter space in the kitchen.
- Ergonomic design, takes very little space in the kitchen
- Comes with 8 individual cups with lids
- Easy to use with just a timer button and an on/off button
- Build quality is not great. The plastic feels cheap
What some might find as a con is the build quality. There are a lot of yogurt makers that are mostly made out of plastic but the Cuisipro simply looks and feels cheaper than most of them. It works as it is but the build quality could be a lot better.
6. Euro Cuisine YM260 Yogurt And Greek Yogurt Maker
Euro Cuisine YM260 is a popular choice for the ones that are looking for a large yogurt maker. This small automatic machine can make about 2 quarts of yogurt in less than a day. It has a large capacity container that is BPA free and comes with a low price tag.
- Large 2 quart capacity
- Low price tag, good build quality
- Includes a serving bowl, steel thermometer, cotton bag for Greek yogurt and a small recipe book
- Due to the large 2 quart capacity bowl, the heat is not distributed perfectly even
Build quality is decent as it feels well-made and despite using a lot of plastic, it is BPA free. The side timer makes it much easier to set how long should the yogurt maker run while the see trough lid offers a great view of the progress.
5. Oster CKSTYM1012 Mykonos Greek Digital Yogurt Maker
Oster CKSTY1012 digital yogurt maker was designed to be the perfect option for the ones that are thinking about a healthier diet. It is a simple yogurt maker with a good build quality and a decent number of accessories that make it easy to have both small and large batches.
- Includes 6 7 ounce glass jars, a large 1 quart container with a lid and a Greek yogurt strainer
- Simple design with a digital display, timer button and start/stop button
- Large see trough lid
- It is a big device and will take a lot of counter space
The kit itself contains a few helpful items to make yogurt. Unlike other models it does not have just small glass jars. It also has a large 1 quart container that can also be used ot make yogurt. It also comes with a strainer to make Greek yogurt and it makes it possible to produce different types of yogurt at once.
4. Dash Bulk Yogurt Maker
Dask bulk yogurt maker is an interesting model that works surprisingly well despite the fact that it has just one large 1 quart container. It is very compact and extremely easy to use. All it takes is to turn it on and wait for the magic to happen. It is not perfect but it is surely one of the better yogurt makers in our list.
- Large 1 quart container
- Very compact form factor with a stylish glossy design
- Just an on/off button and a glass see-trough lid
- Removable parts are dishwasher safe
- Heating element placed only on the bottom and has no thermostat
Some of the strong points of the yogurt maker are the design, price tag and build quality. It is actually a very stylish designed yogurt maker with its glossy finish and blue elements. The price tag makes it a rather affordable yogurt maker while the 1 quart capacity recommends it to pretty much anyone.
3. Dash Greek Yogurt Maker
Dash Greek Yogurt Maker is one of their most popular models due to the low price tag, design and reliability. Despite having a bottom heating element, the heat distribution is surprisingly good which helps it make great yogurt every single time.
- 2 quart capacity with 2 BPA free containers included in the kit and a strainer
- Timer control, start/stop and LCD screen for the timer
- Bonus recipe book included in the kit
- Poorly written user manual
In terms of quality as a whole, the yogurt maker is very compact, stylish and easy to use. It is made mostly out of plastic with a see-trough lid and with all the buttons placed at the bottom. The large containers included come with their own lids and they are dishwasher safe.
2. Euro Cuisine YMX650 Automatic Digital Yogurt Maker
The Euro Cuisine YMX650 manages to make yogurt making at home very easy. It has a simple design with only two buttons and a small LCD display. The large see trough lid allows the user to see in real time how the yogurt is made while the included glass jars allows for different types of yogurt to be made at the same time.
- Good build quality with a brushed stainless steel enclosure and a see-trough lid
- Easy to use
- Rather compact as it takes very little counter space
- Can make yogurt in as little as 6 hours
- Nothing worth mentioning
Using it is very straight forward. All that it takes is to know how long to set the timer and just push the start button. The model is made out of metal and plastic which gives it a significantly superior build quality when compared with other yogurt makers.
1. Cuisinart CYM-100 Electronic Yogurt Maker
Cuisinart CYM-100 yogurt maker has been one of the most appreciated models for its quality and ease of use. The design and built quality contribute to its appeal but the even heat distribution is the most important factor when it comes to proper fermentation and high quality yogurt production.
- Can make 50 ounces of yogurt per batch
- Automatic cooling feature that kicks in when the timer finishes the fermentation cycle
- Stainless steel construction with glass containers and BPA free parts
- Nothing worth mentioning
One major aspect that contributes to the quality of the yogurt is the even heat distribution. Also using BPA free parts and a robust construction makes the yogurt maker one of the few premium models. This also means that it is a bit more expensive.
What Matters When Choosing A Yogurt Maker?
Yogurt makers are in fact very simple machines. There is no magic technology that makes yogurt. All it takes is heat, an enclosed environment and patience. The models in our list provide the basic requirements to make yogurt but some tend to fail while others make perfect yogurt every single time. Here are some things to look out for:
- Is automatic cooling worth spending extra? The answer to this is yes and no. It is a feature that is nice to have but it is not required. Yogurt can be cooled jus by turning the yogurt maker off and leaving the jars at room temperature. The automatic cooling option only speeds up the cooling process as warm yogurt should never be placed in a fridge.
- Small jars or a large container? The problem with large containers is heat distribution. Since almost all yogurt makers have a bottom heating element, large containers fail to distribute heat evenly this they are too hot at the bottom and not hot enough at the top. Small jars are much more efficient when it comes to heat distribution.
10. Deni 5600 1-Quart Electric Yogurt Maker
The Deni 5600 yogurt maker is probably the most affordable model on the market. It is actually a great pick for the ones that never owned one before. It has a capacity of 2 quarts and it includes 6 6-ounce jars for the yogurt. It has a see trough lid and a shutoff timer as well as a buzzer that lets everyone know when it is ready.
9. Aroma AYM-606 8-Cup Digital Yogurt Maker
Aroma’s yogurt maker is a great piece of appliance that can make up to 8 jars of yogurt in record time. The model is dishwasher safe and all the cups are reusable. The lid is made of a see trough material and it comes with a small digital display and several control buttons placed on the base of the model. It is easy to use and quite affordable which recommends it to beginners.
8. Oster CKSTYM1012 Mykonos Greek Digital Yogurt Maker
Oster is a reputable brand when it comes to kitchen and cooking appliances. The model is quite stylish with a brushed aluminum enclosure and a see-trough lid. In the package users will find the yogurt maker as well as six 6 ounce jars and a large recipient that can make about 17 ounces in one go.
7. Epica Homemade Organic Set and Go Electric Yogurt Maker
Depite being so cheap the Epica is one of the more appreciated yogurt makers due to its ability to make decent yogurt. It is quite compact and easy to use. The model comes with seven 6 ounce jars and a see-trough lid. It includes a simple timer and completely automatic temperature control.
6. Euro Cuisine YM80 Yogurt Maker
Euro Cuisine has made several yogurt makers and the YM80 is one of their most successful models. It is quite affordable and it comes ready to start making yogurt. Like most other models it includes seven 6 ounce jars and automatic temperature control. It is dishwasher safe and it includes a built-in timer.
5. Salton YM9 1-Quart Yogurt Maker
The Salton YM9 is a premium product and one of the more popular yogurt makers on the market. It has a one quart capacity with automatic temperature control and a large container that is freezer-safe. The model does not have a see-trough lid and it comes in a compact form factor that makes it easy to store even in a small kitchen.
4. Euro Cuisine YM260 Yogurt Maker
The Euro Cuisine YM260 Yogurt maker is a visually pleasing appliance with a simple design. It was built to be much taller than most other models and it comes with one large recipient to make yogurt. The model can make 2 quarts of yogurt at a time and it includes a stainless steel thermometer and a cotton bag.
3. Dash Greek Yogurt Maker
The Dash is famous for its ability to make perfect Greek yogurt. Unlike most other models it comes in a tall form factor with a large container, a see-trough lid and a recipe book. The model also comes with a digital timer and an alert that will let you know when the yogurt is done. It is easy to clean and it is quite affordable.
2. Vonshef Electric Yogurt Maker
Vonshef offers a great yogurt maker for a really low price. It is actually one of the more practical models with a simple design and great functionality. The model includes seven 7 ounce jars and it is easy to use. All it takes is to turn it on and then wait for the yogurt to be ready.
1. Cuisinart CYM-100 Electronic Yogurt Maker
Cuisinart offers and excellent yogurt maker but it comes with a cost. It is a premium model and it is a bit more expensive but it does have a 50 ounce capacity and a built-in cooling system that can shift from hot to cold when the yogurt is done. The timer allows the user to control the entire fermenting process or make his own recipes.
Am planning to make an investment in small Commercial Yogurt production. It is against this background that I need a mass medium Yoghourt making machine.
Would you please advise where necessary by return mail and or through whatsup on +265 995072007
Looking forward to hearing from you.
INNOCENT GEORGE KAPACHIKA