Are you searching for a new vacuum cleaner? Before you make a purchase, you should compare your choices.
All vacuum cleaners aren’t created equally. Some vacuums are designed to remove pet dander while others are designed for quiet operation. The following list will help you compare these features and make an informed decision.
Best Vacuum Cleaners Under $200 in 2023
Here are the top 10 best vacuum cleaners under $200 in 2023.
Table of Contents
10. Severin Vacuum Cleaner
- Unique design that increases the versatility of the vacuum
- Includes a 3-part accessory set for cleaning upholstery, furniture, and crevices
- Motor protection filter system made of hygienic fleece
- Comes equipped with 2 microfiber dust bags – holds about 4 liters of debris
The cons include:
- The rolling base can be inconvenient to lug around
- The cord is only 18’9” in length
It is inconvenient to pull the base around as you vacuum. It is like using the wand attachment on a typical vacuum cleaner to clean your floors. The inconvenience of this is increased due to the short cord length. At just under 19-feet, you may need to use multiple outlets to reach every corner of a large room.
Overall, this vacuum cleaner is a mixed bag. It can reach under furniture and along corners with ease. It does a great job of vacuuming debris in one pass. But, you need to drag the base around behind you.
9. BESTEK 2-in-1 Corded Bagless Stick and Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- Lightweight – less than 4-pounds
- Includes a floor nozzle, crevice tool, and extension wand
- 170-degree swivel steering
- Bag-less system that is easy to empty and clean
What about the disadvantages? There are a couple of issues that you need to look at:
- Small dirt canister – 0.8-liters
- May not be powerful enough to clean your entire home
This vacuum has the smallest canister. It will need to be emptied often, especially if you’re vacuuming multiple rooms.
This is a compact, lightweight vacuum cleaner that does a great job of cleaning. But, it might not be the right choice for cleaning your entire home. This may be too much work for this little cleaner. Though, for a small apartment or cabin, this could be a good choice. It is affordable and versatile.
8. Shark Rocket Ultralight Upright HV302 Vacuum Cleaner
- Weighs less than 8-pounds
- Includes a dust-away floor attachment and 1 washable microfiber pad for cleaning hardwood floors
- Micro tools allow you to clean anything – including your vehicle
- Easily remove the handle to turn this into a handheld vacuum
- The controls are conveniently located at your fingertips on the handle
It also has a few disadvantages that need to be considered:
- The small canister needs to be emptied regularly
- Does not have a wide cleaning path
Again, you don’t get a wide cleaning path this 2-in-1. This makes it suitable as a backup or secondary vacuum, as with the previous option. Though, this vacuum is well-built and more powerful than the previous option.
It should offer years of use, but may not be the best choice for cleaning your entire home – more suitable for small areas and apartments.
7. Black & Decker BDASL202 AIRSWIVEL Ultralight Upright Vacuum Cleaner
- Large dirt canister – 2-liter capacity holds more dirt and debris than the other vacuums
- Easy maintenance – washable filters and easy to empty dirt canister
- Suitable for use on hardwood floors and carpets
- The swivel feature allows you to tilt the vacuum 170-degrees
- 12-inch cleaning path
- 6.5-foot hose length
- Includes a 1-year warranty
You also need to check out the potential drawbacks:
- Doesn’t operate as well on hardwood floors
- 20-foot power cord
The 20-foot power cord may not reach all areas of your house. This depends on the size of your rooms. But, this power cord is shorter. Also, the vacuum doesn’t work as well on hardwood floors. It won’t scratch the floors, but it may not get all the debris.
If those issues aren’t a problem for you, then this is a great buy. It is lightweight and easy to operate thanks to the swivel design.
6. Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS 8-Pound Commercial Upright Vacuum
- Includes a helping hand handle – easy hand grip for people with arthritis
- Takes up less storage space than other upright vacuums
- 35-foot cord
- Side edge brushes for getting right along the edges of your carpeting
- Uses disposable top-fill inner bags
- Lightweight – weighs about 8 pounds
You’ll need to compare these advantages to the following disadvantages:
- Some people don’t like using disposable inner bags
- The Oreck is louder than some of the other vacuums
With disposable inner bags, you’ll need to purchase additional bags. If you happen to run out of bags, then you might not be able to vacuum until you get order replacements. This is an inconvenience that most people don’t like to deal with, which is why the bag-less vacuums are so popular.
The other issue is the noise level of the vacuum. It is a little louder than some of the other vacuums. But, it is easy to operate. The drawbacks don’t detract from the cleaning power of the vacuum. This is still a great choice for residential or commercial use.
Click here for Top 10 Best Robotic Vacuums in 2023
5. Eureka AS ONE Bagless Upright Vacuum
The 5th best vacuum is lightweight and durable. It is an upright, corded vacuum with a bagless dirt canister. It comes with a crevice attachment and the following features:
- On-board tools – easy to switch different attachments
- Uses airspeed technology to help remove more dirt for a deeper clean
- Low-profile nozzle – you can easily reach under tables and furniture
- Air flow control switch helps divert suction to the hose or the floor
- Weighs just 8-pounds – incredibly lightweight
There are a couple of drawbacks that need to be pointed out. This includes:
- 20-foot power cord – a little on the short side
- The canister will need to be emptied regularly
The one drawback of a bag-less vacuum is that you need to empty them regularly. The canister for this vacuum is slightly smaller than other canisters. You’ll need to empty frequently – possibly before you finish vacuuming. Also, the cord is a little short.
The bottom line is that you get a powerful little vacuum at a great price. It is efficient, you’ll just need to keep the canister emptied if you want to keep the vacuum for years to come.
4. VonHaus 600W 2-in-1 Corded Upright Stick & Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- 1.2-liter dust capacity – holds a lot of dirt before the canister needs to be emptied
- Powerful suction technology on both the upright and the handheld vacuum cleaner
- HEPA and sponge filtration helps capture small particles
- Works on stairs, carpets, rugs, hardwood floors, and furniture
- Comes with a crevice tool attachment and a small brush attachment
- Quick release power cable
The drawbacks include:
- 19.5-foot power cord – a little shorter than other power cords
- It may scratch your hardwood flooring
You might not want to use the upright vacuum on your hardwood floors. If any debris doesn’t get sucked up, it could end up under the wheels, which can grind the debris into the wood. The other problem is the length of the power cord. At 19.5-feet, it’s shorter than some of the other power cords.
This is still a good choice, except for hardwood floors. The cord is a little short, but you can always use an extension cord.
3. Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaner Pro Power Bag-less Corded Upright Vacuum
- 2-in-1 crevice and brush tool is included
- Cyclonic filtration helps clean any flooring with powerful suction
- Bagless vacuum cleaner with easy to empty dirt canister
- Weighs about 16.2-pounds
- Includes a 25-foot power cord
- Uses washable filters that can be reused
- Includes a 1-year warranty
In addition to those advantages, there are a few disadvantages:
- The vacuum works on any surface but doesn’t clean as well on hardwood flooring
- The canister is small – you’ll need to empty frequently
The smaller canister will need to be emptied after every use. You may even need to empty it before you finish vacuuming. This an inconvenience that you can get used to. The other problem is that it doesn’t pick up dirt as well on hardwood floors and tile.
Despite those drawbacks, this is still a great choice. It works great on carpet and has a long hose for reaching ceiling fans and other objects.
2. Hoover UH20040 Sprint QuickVac Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
The removable handle connects to the stretch hose for easy cleaning of stairs, window sills, ceiling fans, and other areas that are hard to reach. On top of these great features, it provides the following advantages:
- 3-position height adjustment – easily adjust the height based on the type of flooring
- 23-foot power cord
- Multi-cyclonic technology – helps separate fine particles before the debris reaches the filter
- Features a compact, lightweight design
- 5-foot cleaning hose helps clean difficult to reach areas
- Includes filters that can be rinsed clean
The only drawback is that the canister isn’t easy to empty. If you’re not careful, you could spill debris on the floor after vacuuming. This is a minor inconvenience. Once you get used to the design, it shouldn’t be a problem anymore.
Overall, this is an economical choice. It is affordable and built to last. It has the powerful cyclonic technology to help lift dirt out of your carpet. The long cleaning hose provides greater reach when cleaning window sills or stairs. It’s a great buy at a great price.
1. Bissell 9595A Vacuum with OnePass
- Cyclonic vacuum system for long-lasting suction – doesn’t lose power
- Includes a Turbo Brush tool for cleaning furniture, upholstery, and stairs
- Comes with an extension wand, crevice tool, and dusting tool
- The dirt tank is incredibly easy to empty
- Includes a washable foam tank filter – maintenance is simple
- Optional filters are available – odor eliminator, carpet deodorizer, and easy maintenance options
- 25-foot power cord
- Weighs 15.1-pounds
There are no drawbacks. This is the best-selling vacuum in 2023 due to the combination of exceptional vacuuming power and an affordable price tag. It is lightweight, powerful, and has an innovative brush design that easily cleans deep carpet. Overall, this is the best buy for 2018.
How to Choose the Right Vacuum Cleaner
You now have 10 great options to choose from. These are among the best vacuum cleaners under $200 in 2023. They are well-built and should help keep your flooring looking great. But, depending on your needs, some vacuums may be a better option than others. Here are some features to pay close attention to:
- The length of the cord
- The ability to vacuum pet dander
- The waste storage – do you want a bagged or bag-less vacuum?
- Additional attachments – upholstery attachments and extension arms
Think about the features that matter most to you and the type of issues that you’ve had to deal with in the past. Compare the features of these 10 options and narrow down your choices to find the best vacuum.