It does not really feel like home until we have our own little spot. These days, everyone owns a computer and we do spend a bit too much in front of the PC but this is the way society works now. Since we are dedicating so much of our time to gaming, social media or to the PC in general, we all need a proper desk and chair somewhere around the house. The desk is probably the most difficult one to choose because, frankly speaking, they do not look like much. Regular desks simply look dull, unappealing and just boring.
Also, most of them are unjustifiably expensive for absolutely no reason. For this reason, we will just write off our list all classic office and computer desks. If we want something a bit special and appealing that might actually be worth spending extra, a glass computer desk is a way to go.
Truth be told, glass computer desks are not particularly durable. Wood is more reliable but the glass used for desks is quite thick and can support a decent amount of weight. It is still a bad idea to put the PC unit on the desk. Glass computer desks are still durable enough but the true reason why they are worth spending money on is their design. Glass desks simply look modern and are perfect for a gaming PC or work area. With these things said here is our list of the top 10 best glass computer desks in 2023.
Best Glass Computer Desks in 2023
Table of Contents
10. Studio Designs 50707 Calico Designs Colorado Desk
9. OneSpace 50-JN110400 Ultramodern Glass L-Shape Desk
8. Bell’O CD8855 Computer Desk with Keyboard Tray
7. Christopher Knight Home Eghan Glass Computer Desk
6. Target Marketing Systems World Map Desk
5. Z-Line Claremont Desk
4. Z-Line Nero Desk and Bookcase
3. LeCrozz L-Shaped Home Office Corner Desk
2. Flash Furniture Glass Computer Desk with Pull-Out Keyboard Tray
1. Z-Line Belaire Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk
Not All Glass Computer Desk Are Created Equal
There is a wide selection of glass desks and even if not all of them are being advertised as being dedicated to a computer, they work just as well. The difficulty appears when presented with too many models and having to choose one. Making the right choice will avoid having to assemble a desk, realizing that it is not suitable, having to disassemble it, send it back then wait for a refund. It does not sound all that bad but this whole process is even worst in reality. This can only be avoided by looking at things that matter the most when picking a desk as a design is not everything. Just because it looks good it does not mean it is the right thing.
- Size. Size is the most important aspect when picking a desk. For a laptop user, even the smallest desk might be enough. A desktop user will need something bigger for obvious reason.
- Wood or metal? Glass desks can be found with metal, wood or metal and wood for the frame. Wood offers a more conservative look while metal is considered to be modern. It is a matter of personal preference and nobody can say that metal is more durable than wood when it comes to desks.
- With or without a sliding keyboard tray? Sliding keyboard trays do have a functional purpose but they are not very practical. The space they offer for the keyboard and mouse do not allow for a lot of movement and they are not particularly smooth. The ones that will get a desk with a sliding tray but do not want to use it might just as well not install it at all.