Grilling is one of the healthiest ways to prepare food. Because it uses high heat and little added fat, you can grill just about anything and be assured of a delicious meal that won’t ruin your diet. Meat, fish, vegetables, and even fruit can be grilled with tasty results.
For many of us, grilling is inextricably linked with summer. But what if you want to grill at other times of the year? The solution is to buy an electric grill – the kind of thing that you can use indoors no matter what the weather is like. We’ve taken a lot at what’s available, and we’re happy to offer our reviews of the top 10 affordable electric grills in 2020. Here they are.
Best Electric Grills in 2020
Last update on 2020-06-05 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. NutriChef Electric Grill Roaster Indoor and Outdoor Grilling Barbecue for Fish Meat Etc, Red (PKFG14)
This last option has a few features that make it unique even in a group of other grills. The NutriChef Electric Grill Roaster Indoor and Outdoor Grilling Barbecue offer a different kind of versatility when it comes to getting dinner on the table. For example:
- You can grill, roast, or even steam your food by adding water to the drip tray
- Unique design cooks food on both sides – no flipping required
- Built-in filter reduces smoke and cooking odors
- Cover and cook tray are both removable and washable
This grill is on the small side but perfect for cooking meat, fish, or veggies for two.
9. T-fal GC702 OptiGrill Stainless Steel Indoor Electric Grill with Removable and Dishwasher Safe Plates
T-fal is a well-known name in kitchen appliances. This grill is on the high end of affordable, but we like it for its reliability and programmable features. It’s the T-fal GC702 OptiGrill Stainless Steel Indoor Electric Grill with Removable and Dishwasher Safe Plates, and here’s why it made our list:
- Adjusts grilling times based on the thickness of the meat being cooked
- Includes 6 pre-set options for poultry, red meat, burgers, fish, sausage, and sandwiches
- Allows you to monitor the cooking process and included audible beeps to indicate the doneness of the food (rare, medium, and well done)
- Non-stick plates and drip tray are removable and dishwasher safe
This grill even comes with frozen and defrosting modes so you can cook food directly from frozen if you choose. That’s a nice option if you forget to take dinner out of the freezer.
8. Masterbuilt 20150414R Electric Veranda Grill, Red
If you’d like a slightly less expensive outdoor grill with a funky, modern appearance, how about the Masterbuilt 20150414R Electric Veranda Grill? This grill has a ton of style for the price, which clocks in at less than $100. This is why we picked it:
- Quick and easy to assemble with basic tools
- Accurate temperature control with included thermostat
- Great char-broiled flavor without the mess of charcoal
- Comes with included grill pan great for shrimp and veggies
This grill isn’t very big, but it’s perfect if you live in an apartment or condo with limited space.
7. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill, Gloss Black
Do you want to grill outside without using charcoal or gas? If so, the Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill is a great choice. It’s a little more expensive than some of the other grills on our list, but we think the extra money is well spent when you get features like this:
- 320 square inches of cooking space – enough to cook 8 to 12 burgers at once
- Infrared cooking technology allows for even cooking and juicy food – every time
- Porcelain-coated premium cooking grates are rust-resistant and very easy to clean
- Included wheels make it easy to move around your yard or patio
This grill combines the fun of outdoor grilling with the control and easy clean-up of an indoor grill. If you love to entertain a crowd, this is the perfect grill for you.
6. Hamilton Beach 38546 3-in-1 Grill/Griddle
When affordability is the name of the game, products by Hamilton Beach are always a good choice. For this list, we chose the Hamilton Beach 38546 3-in-1 Grill/Griddle. It’s affordable, versatile, and very easy to use. Here’s why it made the cut:
- Three cooking options: grill, griddle, or a grill/griddle combo
- Central grease channel keeps excess grease away from your food
- Reversible cooking plates and drip tray are both removable and dishwasher safe
- 2 separate cooking areas have adjustable heat so you can control temperatures on both sides
This unit is effective and easy to clean, and we love the grill/griddle combo since it offers maximum versatility and affordability. All-told, this grill gives you 120 square inches of cooking space – perfect for small families and small spaces.
5. Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
The Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill offers a significant amount of control over the cooking process at a price that suits almost any budget. It’s not as versatile as some of the other choices on the list – no griddle or Panini press here – but what it does, it does remarkably well.
- Fully-imbedded heating element ensures there are no cold hot spots on the grill
- Dial thermostat allows for precise temperature control
- Non-stick grill surface and removable drip tray are easy to clean
- Tempered glass cover keeps food most and hot
If you want to add additional tenderness to your grilled meats, you can put water or beer in the drip tray to create a steamy environment. Either way, you’ll get delicious food every time.
4. Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler, Silver, Black Dials
When it comes to making affordable and reliable kitchen appliances, Cuisinart is at the head of the class. That’s why the Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler is one of our picks for the best affordable electric grills of 2018. This is what we like about it:
- Versatile design means that this product can be used as a contact grill, full grill, full griddle, half grill/half griddle, and a panini press
- Floating cover adjusts to the thickness of your food
- Removable, non-stick cooking plates drain excess grease away from your food
- Includes a food scraper and recipe book
- Cooking plates, drip tray, and scraper are all dishwasher safe
The easy-to-use controls and versatility of this grill, combined with its affordable price, make it a good choice for anybody who wants a multi-use appliance for a small space.
3. George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill
George Foreman was largely responsible for creating a demand for electric grills that could be used inside, so it’s not surprising that he would find his way onto our list. The George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill is affordably priced at under $100. We like it for its versatility. This grill:
- Works outdoors on a stand (included with purchase) or can be used indoors on the counter top if you prefer
- The slanting top allows grease to run down where it gets caught in the grease tray
- Non-stick surface allows for cooking with little in the way of added fat
- Rounded lid with steam control makes it safe to use in apartments and houses
- 240 square inches of cooking space
This grill has the quality we’ve come to expect from George Foreman products with a ton of versatility. It’s easy to use and clean and make a great choice for indoor/outdoor grilling.
2. Hamilton Beach 25360 Indoor Flavor/Searing Grill
If you’re looking for an affordably-priced grill that’s small enough to be at home in any kitchen, we recommend the Hamilton Beach 25360 Indoor Flavor/Searing Grill. It offers a good amount of control plus super-easy clean-up, making it a great choice for no-hassle grilling at any time of year. Here’s what we like about it:
- Temperature controls allow you to set the grill between 200 and 400 degrees for great searing and even cooking
- Non-stick plate ensures that your food comes out perfectly every time
- Easily removable grill, drip tray, and hood can all go into your dishwasher
- Cooks 3-4 steaks or chicken breasts at one time
This is a relatively small grill but it’s still big enough to cook for a family of four. The price is right too, making it a good option for anybody who wants the ability to grill inside the house.
1. Wolfgang Puck Electric Reversible Grill and Griddle
Let’s start with a grill from one of the top culinary superstars in the United States. The Wolfgang Puck Electric Reversible Grill and Griddle is good enough to be in a professional kitchen, but priced so that home cooks can afford it too. Here’s why it made our list:
- Huge 207-square-inch cooking service makes it possible to cook for a crowd
- Adjustable temperature controls ensure that your food won’t burn
- Reversible grill/griddle surface means you can use to grill steaks and make perfect pancakes
- Grease channels remove extra oil for healthier meals
- Dishwasher safe grill is easy to clean
This grill offers a significant amount of control and versatility for the price. It also has heat-resistant handles so you can transport it safely.
Those are our picks for the top 10 affordable electric grills of the year. There’s one for every budget and space so you’ll be able to enjoy perfectly grilled food all year round.