If you’re searching for electric cars for kids, the following guide will give you the best options.
Before you put your kid behind the wheel, you want to ensure that the toy car is safe and that it works as advertised. The top 10 best electric cars for kids in 2019 will help you make the right choice.
Table of Contents
- Finding the Best Electric Cars for Kids
- 10. Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor
- 9. Power Wheels Dune Racer, Green
- 8. Power Wheels Kawasaki Lil’ Quad
- 7. Rollplay GMC Sierra Denali 12 Volt Ride-On Vehicle
- 6. Costzon White Mercedes Benz ML350 6V Electric Kids Ride On Car
- 5. Uenjoy Ride on Cars 12V Children’s Electric Cars Motorized Cars
- 4. Moderno Kids Mercedes CLA45 Children Ride-On Car
- 3. Kid Trax Dodge Viper SRT 12V Ride On
- 2. Power Wheels Tough Talking Jeep Wrangler
- 1. Uenjoy Kids Ride on Car 12V Electric Car
Finding the Best Electric Cars for Kids
How do you choose the right car? You’ll want to explore the features and details of the top choices. The main features that you’ll need to examine include:
- The quality of the motor
- The quality of the battery
- The steering and controls
- The overall design and color
- The price tag
- Additional special features
Years ago, these electric cars simply had a motor and basic controls. Now, they come equipped with built-in speakers, wireless remote control, and other features that are made available thanks to modern technology.
Of course, the most important detail could be the design and the color of the car. You can find electric cars made to resemble sports cars, SUVs, and Jeeps. There is something for everyone.
The quality of the motor and the battery should also be important. To learn more about these features, you’ll need to read in-depth reviews.
Best Electric Cars For Kids in 2019
As you review different cars, keep these features in mind. Next, compare these details as you explore the top 10 best electric cars for kids in 2019.
10. Peg Perego John Deere Ground Force Tractor
If you have a budding little farmer on your hands, they are going to love this tractor. They can drive on grass, gravel, concrete, or dirt. They have a detachable trailer that lets them haul whatever they need around the yard. While they are driving around the yard, they can listen to an operational FM radio. As the young driver is getting the hang of driving, parents have the ability to lock out the higher speed until they feel it is safe to let their kids drive at a higher speed.
- 2 speeds and reverse
- Working FM radio
- 12-volt rechargeable battery
- Full-size detachable trailer
- For 2 to 7-year old
9. Power Wheels Dune Racer, Green
By using two speeds, this car is appropriate for all riders, regardless of experience. If your kids are new at driving an electric car, they can go slower. But, when they get the hang of it, they can speed up and drive a little faster. In addition, drivers can go in reverse. The car is equipped with a Monster Traction drive system. This allows them to off-road pretty much anywhere.
- 12-volt battery
- Great for beginners and advanced riders
- Big enough for two riders
- 2 drives speeds plus reverse
8. Power Wheels Kawasaki Lil’ Quad
If you are looking for a first-time electric car for your child, this car is for you. It only goes it one direction – forward. It provides comfort to the child and lets them start it up easily with a push button, so they will be on their way in no time. It will give the child self-confidence and let them get the feel for driving an electric car. It also has a small compartment for your little one to stow away some much-needed supplies for their adventures.
- Easy to operate with push button
- Great for toddlers
- Forward motion only
7. Rollplay GMC Sierra Denali 12 Volt Ride-On Vehicle
With a weight capacity of 130 lbs., this car is great for either two kids or an older child. It can be used for years to come with all its real-life features. It mimics a real car with its folding mirrors, chrome features, and working headlights. Recommendations and ideas from customers were taken into consideration when designing this car to make it the most fun possible. This car lets your kids explore everywhere because of its rubber traction while they are having fun and riding in style.
- Realistic features like working headlights, horn, engine sound, and windows
- 2 forward speeds plus reverse
- Holds up to 130 lbs.
- Great for 2 riders
6. Costzon White Mercedes Benz ML350 6V Electric Kids Ride On Car
Antiskid tires are equipped to help make the car safer for children to drive. It is good for one child to drive, or to have parents control it with a remote control. Furthermore, you can play music or stories for the driver through an MP3 connection. So, they can enjoy the ride while listening to tunes. Kids will enjoy its realistic features, like working lights and doors.
- Comes with two modes: remote control and battery operated
- Great for ages 3 to 6
- Comes with seatbelt
- Maximum weight 44 lbs.
5. Uenjoy Ride on Cars 12V Children’s Electric Cars Motorized Cars
This car has a spring suspension system that will give the kids a smooth ride while they explore outside (or inside). Safety is provided by the equipped seat belt and the working doors. And, for the younger riders, parents can control the car with a remote control. It is fun for everyone. This car boasts two forward and 2 reverse speeds, making getting around easier and faster.
- Maximum weight limit: 88 lbs.
- Great for ages 1 to 5
- USB port to connect device for music
- 2 forward and 2 reverse speeds
4. Moderno Kids Mercedes CLA45 Children Ride-On Car
This licensed Mercedes has gradual acceleration and electric power-assisted steering, so the kids get the feel of a real car. It is equipped with leather seating and a 5-point safety belt, which provides greater safety. The kids can listen to music through the FM radio or an external device, like an iPhone. The car has two motors and lets the kids use two different forward speeds and go in reverse. In addition, the car has front and rear spring shock absorbers. The foam rubber tires give good traction and provide for a quiet comfortable ride. Kids can pack up the trunk with whatever they need for their ride and enjoy all the realistic features this car has to offer, like doors that open, horn, headlights, tail lights and dashboard lights.
- Great for children ages 1 to 5
- 2 forwards and 1 reverse setting
- Licensed Mercedes CLA45 AMG
- Big enough for 2 children
- Parental remote option
3. Kid Trax Dodge Viper SRT 12V Ride On
This stylish car has Viper snake eyes and a Dodge Viper engine simulation sound. It lets your kids think they are really driving a car. They can even listen to a real FM radio while they go for a comfortable ride. The car has working doors and traction strip tires, which allows the kids to take the car on the grass and up small hills. It has a long battery life and is build solid.
- 12-volt battery
- Great for ages 3 to 7 years
- Engine sound simulation
- LED running lights
2. Power Wheels Tough Talking Jeep Wrangler
This fun car comes equipped with preloaded music and sounds so the kids can have a fun time while driving around. It has realistic Jeep details and a spacious seat, so your kids can ride together. It is built tough, so your kids can have tons of fun while being safe and secure in the car. Plus, there is plenty of room behind the seats for the kids to transport whatever they need while they are driving.
- 2 forward speeds and 1 reverse
- Big enough for 2 kids
- Tough Talking microphone
- Sound effects
1. Uenjoy Kids Ride on Car 12V Electric Car
This kid’s electric car comes with a comfortable leather seat and a seatbelt. It lets your kids operate it with a foot pedal and steering wheel. But, parents have the option of using a remote control to operate the car until the child gets used to operating it themselves. You can let your kids listen to music or stories by connecting your phone through its USB port. The car provides a smooth ride and is safe and stable.
- Good for one child
- 2 forward and 2 reverse speeds
- Great for ages 1 to 4
- Remote control options for parents
- Maximum weight: 88lbs
In the end, this is a durable, well-built electric vehicle. Your kid will surely love having their own car to drive around the yard. If you want reliability and safety, this is your best option.