Baby sun shades are convenient for protecting your kids or pets from heat, sun glare, and UV rays. But, you want to make sure that you get the best one.
Your baby sun shade should easily attach to your windows and not entirely block your view of the road. There are also shades designed for different windows, to completely cover your rear windows.
Best Baby Sun Shades For Cars in 2019
Discover the top 10 best baby sun shades for cars in 2019.
Table of Contents
- 10. Car Window Roller Shade by AutoMuko Retractable Car Sun Shades
- 9. Pro Shade Baby Static Cling Sun Shade for Car 2-Pack
- 8. Car Sun Shades with Premium Giraffe Design
- 7. Shade Sox Universal Fit Baby Car Side Window Sun Shade Pack of 2
- 6. Car Window Shade 2-Pack XXL 30×16 Cling Sunshades
- 5. Britax EZ-Cling Sun Shades, Black, 2-Count
- 4. Cozy Greens Car Window Shades 2-Pack
- 3. Car Window Shade – 3-Pack 21×14 Cling Sunshades
- 2. Car Sun Shade 3-Pack with 80 GSM for Maximum UV Protection
- 1. Car Sun Shade for Side and Rear Window 3-Pack
- Purchase Your Baby Sun Shades Today
10. Car Window Roller Shade by AutoMuko Retractable Car Sun Shades
The first baby sun shades to consider is this set of 2 retractable sun shades. You simply suction the device to the top of the window and then pull the shade down – like a set of blinds for your car. Here are the top benefits of these retractable shades:
- You get 2 shades for one low price
- The manufacturers provide a 100% money back guarantee
- The shades are made from a dual mesh nylon
- Blocks UV rays and direct sunlight
- Should fit nearly all vehicles
- 17 x 17-inch protection when the shades are drawn
In addition to those benefits, you should look at these drawbacks:
- May not stick as well as some of the other choices
- You need to use 2 hands to open or close the shades
The weight of the roller could prevent these shades from sticking as well as some of your other options. This is especially true when you attempt to open or close the shades. You’ll need to place one hand on the roller and use your other hand to pull the shade.
The main advantage of these shades is that you can open or close them without removing them. It is a unique concept and the only set of shades in this list that provide this feature.
9. Pro Shade Baby Static Cling Sun Shade for Car 2-Pack
Next, consider this set of 2 Pro Shade baby sun shades. You can provide your baby with sun protection in seconds.
They easily install, using a static cling surface to attach to your windows. This is a common feature that you’ll find with nearly all remaining shades. You don’t need to use messy adhesive or rely on suction cups. Here are some of the other advantages:
- Easy to install
- Helps to block UV rays from reaching your child or pet
- Should fit any car window – including compact cars, such as a Honda Civic
Of course, you’ll need to examine the disadvantages:
- The shades are smaller than some of the shades listed below
- You may have trouble getting the shades to cling to window in extreme hot or cold temperatures
- Does not offer as much UV protection as your other choices
Overall, these are quality shades that help block light. But, they don’t offer as much UV protection as your other options and they are smaller than most.
8. Car Sun Shades with Premium Giraffe Design
At the 8th spot is this pack of 2 shades. Each shade features a friendly giraffe character that may help keep your child calm and relaxed during a long car ride. In addition to this giraffe character, you get the following advantages:
- Easy to install – uses suction cups
- Each shade measures 17 x 14-inches
- Includes replacement suction cups
- Comes with a storage pouch
- Blocks UV rays and direct sunlight
- Made from a nylon mesh material
These are good shades to use for infants, but there are some issues to consider:
- The suction cups make it easy to install these shades, but they may not remain attached if the windows have condensation
- The 17 x 14-inch size may be too big for smaller vehicles
The main benefit is that these shades are easy to install, though they may not stick in certain conditions. You also get replacement suction cups, which is great if you happen to lose one.
If you have an infant, then this is a good choice thanks to the giraffe character. Parents have discussed how their children stare at the giraffe throughout their car rides or even chat with the giraffe.
7. Shade Sox Universal Fit Baby Car Side Window Sun Shade Pack of 2
This next option is different from the other shades. Instead of attaching the shades to the inside of your window, you stretch these shades over the car door while the door is open. There are several advantages, along with a few drawbacks:
- The Shade Sox shades slide over your car door for complete coverage
- You can still roll down your windows to allow air to circulate
- Blocks over 80% of direct sunlight without obstructing your view
- Comes with an eBook providing creative ideas for keeping your kids entertained in the backseat
- Made with 40D Nylon mesh material to stretch over your door
The disadvantages include the following issues:
- Can only be placed over side doors – you can’t use them on rear windows
- May not fit all makes and models
The unique design of these shades is both a benefit and a drawback. Sliding the shade over your door makes it easy to install. But, it may not stretch enough to fit all vehicles.
In the end, these shades are great because you don’t have to worry about them falling off your window and you can still roll down your windows.
6. Car Window Shade 2-Pack XXL 30×16 Cling Sunshades
If you need a larger set of window shades, this could be a good fit. You get 2 extra-large sun shades for one low price. Explore the features and benefits of this 2-pack:
- You get two 30 x 16-inch sun shades
- They block up to 97% of UV rays
- These shades use static cling technology for easy installation
- They help block the sun without blocking the view through the window
- Includes a premium storage pouch
- Comes with a free eBook on child safety tips in the heat
- You get a lifetime money-back guarantee
Now you should explore the disadvantages:
- The rounded corners may not fully cover larger windows
- May not stick to extremely cold temperatures
Depending on the size of your windows, you may want to measure before buying. These are extra-large shades. If the shades are too big, it will be difficult to get them to stick to your window. Also, you might have trouble getting them to stick in cold temperatures.
Overall, this is a great buy thanks to the low cost and the large size of the shades. If you need large shades, then add this to the top of your list.
5. Britax EZ-Cling Sun Shades, Black, 2-Count
The 5th best set of sun shades is this option from Britax. You get 2 quality shades that offer UPF 30+ protection. Like most of the shades, they are made with a mesh screen that blocks UV rays without blocking your view.
Here are the primary advantages and features to consider:
- You get two 19 x 12-inch sun shades
- They block up to 97% of UV rays
- Reinforced with a sturdy wire frame
- The shades cling to your window instead of using an adhesive
Before you purchase, there are a few disadvantages to consider:
- The smaller size may not provide full coverage for larger windows
- They sometimes arrive slightly bent and may take a while to flatten properly
- The shades may not cling to extreme cold or heat
As mentioned, these are slightly smaller than some of your other options. They also occasionally arrive bent. If this happens, you’ll need to place them on your window and leave in place until they flatten. Once flattened, they should stay flattened.
Also, they may not cling properly to extreme cold or hot temperatures. If you live in a region that experiences either extremes, then you might want to consider a different option. But, for those in mild climates, this is a great pack.
4. Cozy Greens Car Window Shades 2-Pack
Here’s another option. This 2-pack of Cozy Greens Car Window Shades provides UPF 50+ protection. Each shade measures 19 x 12.5-inches and they easily cling to the inside of your car windows.
If you want to learn more, then check out the advantages:
- Blocks up to 98% of UV rays
- The shades cling to your windows
- Features a double layer of mesh fabric
- Lifetime warranty with a money-back guarantee
- The shades help keep your car cool
While these are great shades, there are a couple of disadvantages:
- You only get 2 shades – the top few choices provide 3 shades
- The shades are slightly smaller than some of the others
Overall, these are quality sun shades. They block UV rays, keep your car cool, and don’t block the driver’s view through the windows.
The only issue is the size. If you have an SUV or minivan with large windows, these won’t provide optimal coverage. Though, the difference between the size of these sun shades and the others is only an inch or two.
3. Car Window Shade – 3-Pack 21×14 Cling Sunshades
Next is this set of sun shades intended for full-size cars, SUVs, and minivans. The set includes 3 sun shades measuring 21 x 14-inches. This is slightly larger than some of the other choices. And, you get the following benefits:
- Blocks up to 97% of UV rays
- No suction cups or adhesive – uses an instant cling material
- Lifetime warranty with a money-back guarantee
- The sun shades twist and fold for storage in the provided travel pouch
- Includes a free eBook on child safety tips in the heat
Are there any drawbacks? Some customers have mentioned that the shades don’t easily stick in cold weather. Though, others have stated that they work fine in cold weather.
If you have trouble getting them to stick, you should try cleaning your windows and the surface of the shades with a clean, damp cloth.
2. Car Sun Shade 3-Pack with 80 GSM for Maximum UV Protection
At number 2 on the list is this set of 80 GSM car sun shades. You get 3 sun shades designed for your side windows. Though you could place the third sun shade on your rear window, it will not cover the entire surface. These are intended for your side windows – providing you with a spare sun shade.
Here are the rest of the advantages:
- Features a static cling material for easy installation
- Includes 80 GSM protective mesh to help block up to 98% of UV rays
- Each sun shades measures 20 x 12-inches
- Includes a travel pouch for storing your sun shades when they aren’t in use
What are the disadvantages? There aren’t any. You get exactly what you pay for. They cling directly to your window and easily peel off when you want to remove them. You can then throw them in the travel pouch.
1. Car Sun Shade for Side and Rear Window 3-Pack
And now the top baby sun shades for 2018 – this 3-pack of sun shades for side and rear windows. You get 3 sun shades that are easy to install, along with these great advantages:
- Blocks 97% of UV rays (offers SPF 30+ protection)
- Includes 2 20 x 12-inch side car window sun shades
- Includes 1 30.3 x 19.6-inch rear window sunshade
- Does not use adhesives – simply attach to your windows
- Lifetime money-back guarantee
Even though this is the top sun shades, there is one potential issue that needs to be addressed. While the side window sun shades simply attach to your window with no adhesive, the rear window sunshade uses suction cups.
These suction cups won’t stick if you don’t properly attach them to your window. You need to lightly moisten the cups before attaching.
Due to the low cost, the ease of use for the side shades, and the superior UV protection, this 3-pack is your best option for protecting your children from the sun on a long car ride.
Purchase Your Baby Sun Shades Today
You now have a selection of the top 10 best baby sun shades for cars in 2019 to choose from. These are among the highest quality shades available – offering UV protection and shade from the sun.
Before you take your children on another long car ride, purchase your baby sun shades. As a side note, these shades are also great for pet owners.