Electric scooters now come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They are quite the upgrade from the traditional push powered types many of us grew up with. There are many different factors to consider when deciding on a scooter.
One of those factors to consider is the age and size of the rider the scooter is intended for.
Electric scooters are for more than just children now and can provide convenient travel options in metropolitan areas. Other factors to consider include safety, durability, charge time and construction quality.
The battery pack itself has a lot to do with the total costs of each scooter. Better battery packs will have decreased charging times, increased trip durations, and overall better lifespans. Generally, Lithium-Ion battery packs are superior in terms of reliability and longevity.
The frame is another factor and a large portion of the costs associated with a scooter. Most frames are either made of aluminium alloys, steel, or a carbon fibre material.
Aluminium alloys are generally lightweight but extremely soft and not very durable. Steel is very dependable but can be quite heavy. Carbon fibre is a great compromise between the two that provides excellent durability with reduced weight.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Electric Scooters
As the technology is advancing day by day hence why not have an electric scooter running around you as you allowed electric cars. So, here are 5 main benefits of Electric Scooters:
Types of Electric Scooters
When we talk about Types of Electric Bikes or scooters you can get several types of scooters on the market hence making this the most versatile and durable e-bike you can buy in the market. Here are three main types of electric scooters.
Best Electric Scooters in 2023
The ten featured electric scooters below provide a great mix of the above features. Each one includes important information to help you decide which one is best for you or your loved one.
Here are the top 10 best electric scooters in 2023 you may consider.
This scooter is powered via high-capacity batteries that enable longe-range rides of up to 18.6 miles. And for battery longevity, the Mi Scooter stores and transforms kinetic energy that is used to help power the scooter.
- Dual Braking System: The disc braking along with the anti-lock brakes allow for quick and safe stops within as little as 13 feet.
- Compact and Portable: The lightweight of this scooter along with the foldable design makes this scooter very easy to transport as well as store.
- Compatible App: The Xiaomi Mi comes with an app that allows you to use your smartphone as a dashboard. You will be able to view ride statistics such as remaining power, current speed and more. Just connect the scooter to the app via your Bluetooth and you can see all of your Mi Electric Scooter’s data in real-time. The app even notifies you of any battery issues.
The fact that this scooter can go as far as 18.6 miles makes this a great substitute for driving locally.
Because the batteries are high-capacity and use kinetic energy, this scooter stays charged longer which helps it go to distances that others can’t.
The bright headlights and red tail light are great for night riding and the double braking ability helps with quick stops when needed.
With the built-in LED display, you can view your battery life, current speed and even change your speed in your settings. The display is located right on the handlebars for easy access and convenience.
- 250W Motor: Such a powerful motor allows for speeds of up to 15 miles per hour.
- 36V Battery: Not only does this battery life enable travel for up to 12 miles, but it also charges in as little as just four hours.
- Foldable Design: The frame can be folded down and locked for easy portability as well as storage.
With the LED display built-in and located on the handlebars, it is super convenient and easy to check your speed and even change it. With just a quick glance you can look down and view your battery life and more.
This is a good scooter for short commutes around town. The ride is pretty smooth and I find this to be a good scooter for the price.
No products found.
Due to the “Air Free” technology of these 8.5-inch tires, there is no need to inflate these tires. The non-pneumatic tires are filled with foam which requires way less maintenance than traditional tires.
Since these tires are not filled with air, gone are the issues of flats and punctures when riding.
- 350 Watt Motor: Having a motor this powerful is great for not only achieving higher speeds but also navigating hills and slopes as well. One of the more powerful scooters out there, this scooter easily gets up to speeds as high as 15 miles per hour.
- Longe-range Battery: The battery allows for travel as far as 18 miles on a single charge. The range on this battery is long, however, the charging time is short with only four hours needed for a full charge.
- Power Controls: The power button on this scooter has multiple functions. It can be used to operate the headlights as well as change the speed and is located conveniently on the handlebar.
- Foldable Design: This scooter folds down allowing it to be toted and even stored easily. This is great if part of your commute requires public transportation as it can be tucked away easily.
Unlike a lot of other scooters that tend to go flat after a couple of uses, the foam-filled tires on this scooter are puncture proof and shock absorbing.
This makes it easier to go on errands or ride in areas that are not as smooth without worrying about getting a flat tire.
This scooter has a kick start in conjunction with a push-button throttle and high-torque motor. By having the kick start feature, you can build up to a speed that is comfortable for you.
The speed capacity is 10 miles per hour and this scooter can ride for 80 minutes on a single charge.
- Power Core Technology: The new design of the Razor Power Core E90 enables twice the ride time as well as double the power as it’s predecessor.
- Maintenance-free: This scooter does not have a chain nor does it require an alignment.
This is a great scooter for children as it is pretty sturdy and allows for enough speed that it is fun yet still safe. Children can ride as long as 80 minutes at 10 miles per hour. And with the kick start feature, they can manually ride at a speed that is most comfortable for them.
The Razor E100 features blue lights that are great for making sure your little one is visible when riding. The lights are easy to operate with just a twist of the throttle and helps make riding even more fun for kids.
- Easy Operation: Giving the handle a twist will engage the lights which are a great feature to help maintain your little one’s visibility.
- Steel Frame: The fork and steel frame is constructed for maximum durability and support.
- Convenient Controls: Located right at the handlebars is accelerator as well as the brake. With just a twist or a squeeze, your child can stop or go with ease.
The blue lights featured on the Razor E100 Glow are great for helping to maintain your child’s visibility during rides. With a simple twist to the handle, the lights can be activated making this an easy scooter for a young child to operate.
With the brakes and accelerator located on the handlebars, operating this scooter is super easy. With just a twist or a squeeze, this scooter can be accelerated or slow down without lifting a finger.
- Hand-operated Brake: For the novice rider, having a hand-operated brake will make coming to a stop easy with just a squeeze of the trigger.
- Twist-grip acceleration: Just like the brake, the accelerator is conveniently located on the handlebars. With just a quick twist, the speed can be increased super easily.
- High-torque Motor: With this motor, your child doesn’t have to worry about the scooter cutting off while stalled. Not only will this chain-driven motor continue to run, but it will also do it very quietly as well.
Having the main controls located at the handlebars makes operating this scooter is fairly easy for almost any child. Without moving their hands, they can quickly accelerate or even brake with ease.
And with a kick start feature and a max speed of 10 miles per hour, this is a great scooter to start with.
The Hover-1 Rally scooter is fully electric from the throttle to the brake. The controls being electric means faster stopping and accelerating with ease.
- UL Certified Battery: This feature allows the battery to retain more energy and require less frequent charging. Not only is this battery efficient but it can also be fully charged in as little as 3 hours.
- Foldable Design: The foldable design is one of the most convenient features of any scooter worth their salt. This allows you to incorporate public transportation into your commute while also storing your scooter away almost anywhere.
- LED Display: This build-in display indicates important information such as battery life and more.
The electric accelerator and brake make this a great scooter for commuting around the town. Because of the quick stop and go capability, you can have safer and broader riding experiences.
Noted as the official scooter of Wrigley Field and the Chicago Cubs, the Swagtron is packed with power. The 200 Watt motor enables speeds of up to 15 miles per hour, while also being able to tackle 20-degree inclines as well.
- Dual Brake: With an electric brake in the front and a foot brake in the back, stopping short is quicker, easier and safer.
- Portable: Weighing in at only 22.5 pounds, this scooter can be carried around if need be and even folded down and tucked away out of sight.
- Multiple Acceleration Modes: You can use the throttle, choose to manually accelerate with the kick start or even put it in cruise control.
Your teen will love being able to go over bumps with ease as well as the speed capacity. Whether using the throttle or riding on cruise control, this is a great median-level scooter that most teens can enjoy.
No products found.
With the increased size in battery voltage, the Razor EcoSmart Metro can ride as much as 9 miles on just a single charge. This is great for those in need of eco-friendly commutes to work or who want an alternative to walking to public transportation.
- 200W Motor: The motor enables speeds of up to 15.5 miles per hour.
- Commuter Tires: The 6.5-inch rubber tires allow for easy riding along sidewalks and even streets.
- Portable Design: This electric scooter by Gotrax is super lightweight and portable. When folded, it can easily be stored away, even under a school desk.
The fact that this scooter can ride up to 9 miles on a single charge makes it great for commuting to work, school, et cetera. And if your commute requires public transportation, the scooter can be folded for easy portability.
With its comfortable padded seating, luggage rack and 500 Watt motor, the EcoSmart Metro can make running errands around the city a breeze.
- 16-inch tires: The bicycle-size tires are able to ride over bumps and cracks with ease.
- Adjustable Handlebar: This is great for people who are above or below average height. This also works well if there will be multiple riders utilizing this scooter.
- Removable Basket: Having the optional basket is great for running small errands as it allows you to be hands-free.
With the padded seating, luggage rack and 500 Watt motor, this is an awesome scooter for running errands, commuting to work and more. The motor allows for speeds of up to 18 miles per hour while the seating provides the most comfortable ride possible.
Best Electric Scooters – Buyer’s Guide
FAQ’s about Best Electric Bike in 2023
Electric scooters come in a variety of shapes and sizes with varying price points. Before deciding on your new electric scooter consider a few factors first. First, what is the size of the rider? Next, consider the purpose of the scooter. Is it going to be used for general recreation or for regular commuting?
If your scooter is being used for regular travel, then the battery life is generally going to be of greater importance. Cheaper scooters generally have lower quality battery packs that have increased charging times and reduced lifespans. If you are looking for a scooter for travel, consider one with a Lithium-Ion battery instead.
One last thing to consider is frame construction and portability. If you are considering a scooter for local transportation you will likely want one that is composed of a lighter material like carbon fibre.
This allows for decreased weight while maintaining optimum structural integrity. Another option to consider is an aluminum alloy. However, keep in mind aluminium is much more easily damaged as opposed to steel and carbon fibre.
Once you have reflected on those factors, take a closer look at the scooters mentioned above. All of them provide a fun way to get around once you have decided which one best fits your unique needs. With appropriate research, you are sure to find a scooter here that perfectly fits your needs.