Comfortable office chairs can improve productivity and concentration, while also reducing the risk of back strain and discomfort.
Most Comfortable Office Chairs in 2019
Whether you need a chair for a home office or your business, here are the top 10 most comfortable office chairs in 2019.
Last update on 2019-08-08 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. LexMod Jive High-Back Office Chair
First on this list is this option from LexMod. It’s a high-back office chair with modern styling and a variety of purchase options.
There are several advantages to choosing this LexMod chair:
- Available in 10 different colors
- Available with or without arms
- Assembly available for an additional fee
- The ribbed vinyl back is both comfortable and breathable
- Adjustable tilt lock with tension control for added movability
- Modern design – chrome-plated aluminum frame with vinyl seating
Despite these advantages, there are a couple of potential issues to point out:
- Relatively expensive compared to the chairs on this list
- The casters don’t roll well on thick carpeting
- Does not rock back and forth with tension control
The tension control provides some flexibility and movability. But, it doesn’t allow you to rock back and forth like some other chairs. Also, it’s one of the more expensive options in this list.
In the end, the LexMod is a stylish chair with a variety of purchase options. Though, if cost is a factor, you should continue reading this list.
9. Mid-Back Mesh Ergonomic Computer Desk Office Chair
At number 9 is this chair from BestOffice. It features a mid-back mesh back support, with ergonomic arms and 360-degree swivel.
Here are a few other reasons to consider getting this office chair:
- Available in 3 colors – black, red, and white
- You can save money by ordering multiple chairs
- The seat features a 360-swivel
- A standard tension control lever that is easy to reach while seated
- Affordable price – costs less than $50 per chair!
- The weight limit is 250-pounds
And, here are the disadvantages to this chair:
- Some assembly is required – but it’s easy
- The back is not adjustable
- The height of the seat is limited to 20-inches
The disadvantages for this chair aren’t major. You need to assemble this chair, which is common. Also, the back support isn’t adjustable. Some people enjoy having the option to adjust the back to their seating style. The final issue is the height of the seat. 20-inches may be too low for some.
Despite these drawbacks, it is still a comfortable chair. It’s affordable and it gets the job done.
8. Modway Articulate Black Mesh Office Chair
At number 8 is the Modway mesh office chair. It costs a little more than some of the other options in this list. But, it does have its own advantages.
Here are the main reasons to think about getting this chair:
- Available in 8 different colors
- You can order the chair fully assembled – for an added fee
- Highly breathable mesh along the back support
- The curved back support provides superior lumbar support
- Sponge padding for the seat – covered with a mesh fabric
- Height, back support, and tension control levers located along the side of the chair
The following disadvantages are minor. But, they should be considered when making an informed buying decision:
- The mesh fabric may not hold up over time
- The seat only lowers to 17-inches
This may not be the most durable office chair, but it is affordable and available in a wide selection of colors. Keep in mind that the durability of the chair varies based on how it’s used. In a typical office setting, the chair may last longer than in your home.
7. AmazonBasics Low-Back Computer Chair
This low-back computer chair is another great option. It doesn’t include arms. Instead, the design is minimal, with a focus on ergonomic support. Here are a few of the main reasons why this chair appears in this list:
- 225-pound maximum weight capacity
- Black mesh back support offers breathability
- The height of the seat is easy to adjust
- Features a 2-inch-thick padded seat for extra comfort
- Available in 4 different colors – black, blue, green, and red
While this is a great chair, there are a couple of potential drawbacks:
- Does not include arms – some people may prefer a chair with arms
- Assembly is required – you’ll need to put the chair together before using
The fact that it doesn’t include arms may put off some consumers. Though, arms not a necessity. Removing them helps keep the chair light, flexible, and portable.
Also, the assembly of the chair is required. But, this is quite common with most types of furniture. You’ll need a wrench to assemble – which is a quick and easy process.
Overall, this is a comfortable office chair with a minimalist design that should work in any modern office.
6. Black Ergonomic Mesh Computer Office Desk Task Chair
This black ergonomic mesh office chair has style, adjustability, and comfort. But, that’s not all. It’s also one of the least expensive chairs in this list.
In addition to the cost, you should look at the following benefits:
- Features a 360-degree swivel
- Seat height is adjustable between 19 and 23-inches
- Weight capacity of 250 pounds
- Comfortable seating without extra padding
Before you assume there’s nothing but advantages to this chair – here are the disadvantages:
- Some assembly is required
- The seat is slightly narrower
Here’s another chair that requires a bit of assembly. Though, the assembly is easy. Also, the seat is a little narrow compared to other chairs. So, it may not accommodate everyone as comfortable as some.
Overall, this chair is a good choice – especially if you’re looking to save money on your office chairs.
5. Modway Edge Office Chair with Black Mesh Back
The 5th most comfortable office chair is this option from Modway. It features a mesh back, sponge seat, and flip-up arms. It’s one of the best-selling office chairs that you can get online. Here is a closer look at the pros and cons of this chair:
- Adjustable seat tilt with tension control
- The arm rests flip-up
- Adjustable seat height
- Mesh back and mesh fabric
- Available in 8 different colors
- Weight limit of at least 300 pounds
- Comfortable for taller individuals
- Provides great lumbar support
Along with those advantages, you should explore the drawbacks:
- The arm rests won’t support your full weight
- The assembly instructions are difficult to understand
The arm rests flip-up, which is very convenient. But, perhaps due to this mobility, the arms aren’t intended to support your full weight.
Also, you’ll need to assemble the chair when it arrives and the instructions aren’t very clear. Luckily, there are not a lot of parts, so assembly isn’t too difficult.
In the end, this chair has a mix of pros and cons – and the pros are enough for this chair to make it to the number 5 spot on this list.
4. Best Choice Products Ergonomic PU Leather High Back Executive Chair
Next is this ergonomic executive office chair from Best Choice Products. For an executive chair, it is offered at a reasonable price. The frame is designed with a tall backrest and sloped arms.
Examine the main benefits of this executive chair:
- The seat can swivel 360-degrees
- The backrest and seat are padded and upholstered with PU leather
- The frame is durable and built to last
- The chair has a weight capacity of 250 pounds
- You can order the chair assembled
- The backrest can recline
Those are the benefits – now the drawbacks:
- The seat is relatively narrow
- You need to be careful to avoid reclining too far back
The seat is narrower than some. If you prefer a wider seat, this could be inconvenient. Though, for most people, this shouldn’t be an issue.
The reclining seat is a bonus, but you need to be careful. The seat can easily recline too far back. Other than this one precaution, this is a great seat for optimal comfort and soft, leather upholstery.
3. Mid-Back Black Mesh Swivel Task Chair with Padded Seat
At number 3 on this list is this black mesh swivel task chair. It includes a heavy-duty nylon base, dual wheel casters, and a ventilated mesh back material.
Along with these features, you should look at these highlights:
- Includes a tilt lock mechanism with tilt tension knob and pneumatic seat height adjustment
- The padding is made from CA117 fire retardant foam
- The chair has a 250-pound weight capacity
- Comfortable and sturdy
- You can save money by purchasing 2-packs of chairs
- The chair is also available with leather upholstery
- The armrests can flip-up
- The chair can swivel 360-degrees
While this is one of the top office chairs available in 2019, there are a couple of potential disadvantages to consider:
- The arm height is not adjustable
- You will need to assemble the chair
The disadvantages are not major issues. Though, some people may not enjoy the fact that the arm rests are not adjustable. But, they do flip-up.
2 . AmazonBasics Mid-Back Mesh Chair
The number2 entry is this office chair from AmazonBasics. It doesn’t cost much, yet it’s one of the most durable choices.
There are other advantages to consider. Here is a closer look:
- Dual-wheel casters
- Wide seat base
- Ergonomic backrest – with a mesh back for more breathability
- Simple design
- 225-pound maximum weight capacity
- Includes 1-year limited warranty
- Easy to assemble
As expected for one of the best office chairs, there are no important disadvantages to discuss – except for one possible issue:
- The armrests are fixed in place
The armrests are attached while assembling the chair and are fixed in place. They don’t flip-up and they can’t be removed. This doesn’t interfere with comfort unless you find that armrests get in the way. Basically, for a low price, you get a sturdy chair with optimal comfort.
1. AmazonBasics Mid-Back Office Chair
Reaching the top spot in this list of the most comfortable office chairs is another chair from AmazonBasics. Like the previous entry, it is affordable and features several important advantages – including:
- Comfortable padded seat and backrest – upholstered in leather
- Ergonomic design for extra lumbar support and comfort
- Dual-wheel casters – easily rolls over carpeting
- Stylish appearance with smooth contours – a great looking office chair
- Fully adjustable – pneumatic controls allow you to easily raise or lower the seat
There are no major disadvantages to discuss. Though, there is one small issue that some users may dislike:
- Armrests are not adjustable
The arm rests are not adjustable. This is the same issue with the 2nd entry and isn’t a big deal unless adjustable armrests are important to you. So, this may not be a deal-breaker. This is especially true when you consider all the advantages, such as the price, comfort, and overall quality of the chair.
The bonded leather upholstery has a smooth feel. And, you can easily adjust the chair height. You can adjust the height between 16 and 21-inches, which is more range than most of the other chairs in this list.
In the end, this is the top office chair for its price, comfort, and other advantages.
Choosing the Most Comfortable Office Chair
Office chairs are available in many styles and designs. Finding the right one can be a challenge.
While this list of the top 10 most comfortable office chairs in 2019 should help narrow down your selection, you should still consider your specific needs. This could include whether the chair is adjustable, along with the style of the chair – make sure it matches the aesthetic of your offices.
You should also consider the material used for the chair. This list of 10 chairs includes options available with mesh or leather.
The mesh material is typically more breathable, which can bring added comfort when you’re stuck in a chair for hours at a time. Though, some people find mesh to be stiff. If this is the case, there are several quality choices available in leather.
The casters are another important consideration. All 10 chairs feature casters that allow you to roll the chair across carpet, hardwood floors or any other surface.
Regardless of your choice, you can’t go wrong with these chairs. They are among the most highly-recommended and best-selling options currently available.