Many of us struggle with being overweight, and it can be difficult to find time to exercise when your schedule is filled up with work and other must-do activities. One of the most popular exercise trends, which you may have seen at your local gym, is using a body vibration platform machine.
The idea behind these machines is that they vibrate your entire body, causing your muscles to contract dozens of times per minute. The manufacturers claim that they help build muscle tone, accelerate the heart rate, strengthen the spine, and may even help to prevent bone loss in older people.
It can be tricky to sort through the available information and pick the best model for your needs, and that’s why we decided to test them out for you. We’ve put together a list of our ten favorites, but before we reveal them, let’s look at a list of features to consider before you buy.
What to Look for in a Body Vibration Platform Machine
Here are some of the most important things to keep in mind before you spend your money on a body vibration platform machine.
- There are two styles of vibration, pivotal vibration (also known as oscillating vibration), and vertical or linear vibration. The original body vibration platform machines all used pivotal vibration, and then some manufacturers released machines with vertical vibration to compete with them. As a rule, pivotal vibration is safer to use and puts less pressure and stress on the body.
- The next issue to consider is the range of frequency on the machine you choose. This measures how quickly the machine vibrates. Generally, less expensive machine operate on a lower frequency than pricier ones. As a rule, you want to look for a machine that can get to between 25 and 28 Hertz for the best results.
- Another feature to keep in mind is the amplitude of the machine – how far does the metal plate move when it vibrates. The larger the amplitude, the more likely it is that you will reap the positive health benefits of using a body vibration platform machine. A good rule of thumb is to look for a machine with an amplitude of 14 millimeters, although if you have joint problems or simply prefer a lower vibration then 10 or 12 millimeters may be sufficient.
- Finally, it is important to have a price range in mind before you start to shop. Some body vibration platform machines are quite affordable, but at the high end they can be expensive. The key is to find the best possible combination of features for a price you can afford.
Best Vibration Platform Machines in 2021
Now that you know what to look for in a body vibration platform machine, here are top picks for 2018.
Last update on 2021-02-16 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. Pinty Fitness Vibration Platform
Coming in at the #10 spot on our list is the Pinty Fitness Vibration Platform. Here are some of the primary reasons that we chose it:
- Ergonomic and compact design allows for easy storage.
- Comes with three massage speeds to allow you to adjust to your needs.
- This machine is available in a total of five colors and is very affordable.
Now, for a few of the things that we think could be better:
- The included straps aren’t really positioned well and may be hard for some people to use.
- This machine doesn’t come with clear instructions so you may need some trial and error to figure it out.
- The paint job is not particularly durable.
On the whole, we like this machine because it is compact and affordable.
Also read: Top 10 Best Exercise Bikes in 2021
9. Dual Motor Whole Body Vibration Machine
Our #9 pick is the Dual Motor Whole Body Vibration Machine from GForce. Here are a few of the reasons that it made our list:
- Comes equipped with a total of 60 speeds and six modes of use for maximum versatility.
- This machine uses oscillating vibration so it is easy on your joints.
- Allows you to set up to three personalized programs in addition to the six pre-programmed ones.
Of course, there are a few potential issues to keep in mind before you buy:
- The assembly instructions that come with this machine are a bit difficult to follow.
- The dual vibration action may not be ideal for some people, particularly those with pre-existing injuries.
- This machine is a fairly big investment, and there are less expensive models available.
We like this machine because of the variety of speeds and the fact that you can customize modes to your liking.
8. Merax Carzy Fit Vibration Platform Fitness Machine
Coming in at the #8 spot is the Merax Carzy Fit Vibration Platform Fitness Machine. Here are some of the reasons that we like this machine:
- This machine comes with a total of 10 preset programs to suit almost every need.
- The attached Yoga straps make it easy to spot-tone your upper body as you vibrate.
- Solidly built to withstand repeated use.
While there’s a lot to like about this machine, here are a few potential negatives to remember:
- The included instructions are not easy to understand, but there are YouTube videos available to help you out.
- If you want a very strong vibration, then this machine does not deliver it – it’s relatively gentle.
- You should use a non-slip pad under the machine to keep it from damaging your floor.
We like this machine because it is affordable and the attached straps make it easy to get a full-body workout.
7. NexHT Fitness Vibration Platform Whole Body Shape Exercise Machine
Our #7 pick is the NexHT Fitness Vibration Platform Whole Body Shape Exercise Machine. Here are just a few of the things we like most about it:
- Variable speeds allow you to pick the level of vibration you prefer.
- Comes with both Yoga straps and resistance bands to help you improve your overall fitness.
- Overall, this is a very quiet machine (although see below for one exception).
There are, as hinted at above, a few potential negatives to keep in mind.
- First, if you turn the vibration all the way up it definitely makes some noise – and it may not be ideal if you live in an apartment.
- The instructions are not well written and may be difficult for some people to understand.
- This machine has a potent plastic smell when it comes out of the box.
On the whole, we like this machine because it is compact and easy to store, and works very well for the price.
Also read: Top 10 Best Home Gym Equipments in 2021
6. Vibration Machine Slim Full Body Platform Fitness Vibration Plate
The #6 pick on our list is the Vibration Machine Slim Full Body Platform Fitness Vibration Plate. Here are some of the reasons it makes our list:
- Comes with three programmed modes plus customizable options, and a total of 99 speeds.
- Sturdy steel constructions supports body weight up to 300 pounds.
- Includes resistance bands for upper body toning and rubber feet for stability.
We really like this machine, but here are a few potential caveats to consider:
- The strap attachments could be a bit sturdier – it’s important to keep a good grip on them.
- This machine weighs 62 pounds, so it is not particularly portable before assembly – although it does have front wheels so you can move it once it’s put together.
- This machine is not particularly compact.
All in all, we like this machine for its sturdy construction and versatility.
5. Merax Whole Body Vibration Platform Exercise Fitness Machine
Our #5 pick is the Merax Whole Body Vibration Platform Exercise Fitness Machine. Here are some of the reasons that we picked it:
- 99 speed range means that you can always choose the level of vibration that’s best for your body.
- Comes with three sports settings to simulate walking, jogging, and running.
- Holds a maximum of 330 pounds so almost anyone can use it.
There are a few things we think could be better about this machine. For example:
- While this product comes with a remote, the company does not sell replacement remotes.
- This machine is not as quiet as some of the other options on our list.
- While this machine is small, it is heavy for its size, weighing in at about 40 pounds.
On the whole, we like this machine because the three sports settings allow you to simulate the effects of a workout without putting stress on your joints.
4. Vibration Machine by Apollo Fitness
The #4 pick on our list is the Vibration Machine by Apollo Fitness. Here are a few of the reasons that this machine makes our list:
- Comes with a remote control and fitness bands for a full body workout.
- Comes with multiple speeds and preset modes for variety.
- Uses oscillating vibration that is safe for joints, and holds up to 330 pounds.
Here are a few potential issues to keep in mind before you buy:
- For its size, this machine is fairly heavy and may be difficult for some people to move.
- Does not have as many speeds as some other models.
- The instructions may be difficult for some people to understand.
In total, we like this machine because it is affordable and sturdy – a great deal at its price.
Also read: Top 10 Best Magnetic Rowing Machines in 2021
3. Rock Solid Wholesale Whole Body Vibration Machine
Our #3 pick is the Rock Solid Wholesale Whole Body Vibration Machine. We like this machine for many reasons, and here are some of the most important:
- Streamlined design comes with fitness bands and a remote control for easy use.
- Has a total of 30 speeds for versatility.
- Portable unit is small and fairly easy to move (it weighs 36 pounds).
There are a few things we think could be better about this machine, including:
- This machine uses only vertical vibration and so it may not be ideal for people who have joint problems.
- While having 30 speeds is impressive, there are models with more options.
- This machine has a lot of power and might not be a good choice for people who prefer a gentle vibration.
We love this machine for its affordability and portability.
2. Hurtle Fitness Vibration Platform Workout Machine
Coming in at #2 on our list is the Hurtle Fitness Vibration Platform Workout Machine. Here are some of the features we like:
- Oscillating vibration is safe for people with arthritis, fibromyalgia, and back injuries.
- Comes with resistance bands and remote control included.
- This is a very quiet and stable machine that is easy to use.
Here are a few things that you might want to keep in mind before buying:
- This machine doesn’t have a very strong vibration, so if you want a vigorous workout you might want to go with a different model.
- The company advertises this product as having 3D vibration, but it only oscillates.
- The attached fitness bands could be more effective.
On the whole, we like this machine because it is good for people who want a quiet exercise option that won’t jar their joints.
1. Confidence Fitness Slim Full Body Vibration Platform
Finally, the #1 pick on our list is the Confidence Fitness Slim Full Body Vibration Platform. Here are a few of the reasons that this machine is our top pick:
- This machine has a total of 50 speed settings and 3 pre-set workouts.
- The controls and displays are easy to use and read.
- This machine is relatively compact and easy to tuck away in a corner.
We like almost everything about this machine, but here are a few things that could be better:
- The handles are a bit on the low side and may not be comfortable for very tall people.
- The instructions are not as clear or comprehensive as they could be.
All in all, we love this machine for its versatility and affordability.
Body vibration machine offer a low-impact workout to improve circulation and relieve muscle pain. The 10 items on our list offer options for everybody to love.