Long eyelashes are beautiful, thick, and alluring. They allow us to indicate emotion, flirt and even hide our eyes if we want to. However, most of us are not born with long, thick eyelashes. We need a little help from the cosmetics counter.
Fortunately, when it comes to finding a mascara to lengthen and thicken your eyelashes, you have plenty of choices. A trip to any drug store or pharmacy reveals tons of low-end options, and department and specialty stores have all the luxury options you could possibly want.
The trick, of course, is choosing the right mascara for you. There are lots to choose from, and that’s why we’ve taken the time to check them out and choose the 10 we think are the best. Before we reveal our picks, though, let’s take a minute to review some of the key considerations to keep in mind before you buy.
What to Look for in a Lengthening Mascara
There are plenty of things to keep in mind when shopping for mascara. Here are a few of the most important:
- The first thing to check out are the ingredients in the mascara you choose. Many cosmetics have an array of chemicals in them, and if you have any sensitivities or allergies, you’ll want to make sure that the product you choose is free of them. Some people also prefer natural or organic ingredients, so you can check that out too.
- How much additional length will the mascara you choose provide? If you want just a little extra length, you might choose a different product than you would if you wanted dramatically long lashes.
- Another consideration is whether you prefer regular or waterproof mascara. Waterproof mascara usually lasts all day, but you’ll also need to use an oil-based makeup remover to get it off. Regular mascara may be thinner and look more natural, but it will also run if you cry, sweat, or get caught in the rain.
- Some people have a preference in terms of the brush style of their mascara. Curved, straight, and even triangular brushes are available, so chose the one that suits your preference.
- If animal testing is a concern for you, then you’ll want to look for mascaras from a company that is cruelty-free and does not test on animals.
- Many lengthening mascaras are black, but there are other colors available. If variety is important for you, you should look for a manufacturer that offers mascaras in a choice of colors.
- Finally, you’ll need to consider the price of the mascara you choose. You’ll probably be using the product daily, so you want decent quality. However, most experts recommend that you ditch mascara after six months, so keep that in mind too.
Best Lashblast Mascaras for the Longest Eyelashes in 2020
Last update on 2020-06-03 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APINow that you know what to look for in a lengthening mascara, let’s take a look at our picks of the top 10 lengthening mascaras in 2020.
10. Mineral Fusion Lengthening Mascara
The first pick on our list is Mineral Fusion Lengthening Mascara. Here are some of the reasons that this product makes our list.
- It applies evenly and without clumping to make eyelashes look thick and full.
- It’s gluten free, cruelty-free, paraben free, phthalate free, hypo-allergenic and free of artificial colors and fragrances.
- Available in two colors, graphite, and rock.
There are a few potential negatives to consider here as well:
- This product is not the cheapest mascara on the market if budget is a big concern.
- The included brush is large and may not be ideal for people with thin or sparse lashes.
- This mascara is not waterproof.
On the whole, we like this mascara for its natural formula and its effectiveness at lengthening lashes.
9. COVERGIRL Clump Crusher Extensions LashBlast Mascara
The #9 pick on our list is the COVERGIRL Clump Crusher Extensions LashBlast Mascara. Here are a few of the reasons that we chose it for our list:
- The fiber-stretch formula lengthens and thickens lashes at the same time.
- This mascara is extremely affordable and within the reach of most budgets.
- Dark black color enhances the look of your lashes.
Here are a few things that we think could be better about this particular mascara:
- The applicator is stiff and you may have to apply several coats to see results.
- While the brush prevents clumping, the mascara may flake a bit during the day.
- This mascara claims to be water-resistant but is not waterproof.
This mascara made our list for its affordable price and anti-clumping formula, something many mascaras do not offer.
8. Mascara Thickening & Lengthening Gel with 3D Fiber Lash Mascara
Coming in at #8 on our list is Mascara Thickening & Lengthening Gel with 3D Fiber Lash Mascara. This two-piece lash lengthening set makes our list for several reasons:
- Provides instant lengthening and thickening of lashes in just minutes.
- Made from safe, non-toxic ingredients.
- The included gel sealer keeps the mascara on your lashes where it belongs.
Now let’s look at some of the potential downsides you should keep in mind:
- The included brush for the thickening gel is skinny and some people may prefer a thicker brush.
- The included fibers may get in your eyes if you don’t keep them closed for a minute or so after application.
- This product is on the expensive side when compared to some drugstore mascaras.
The primary reason we like this product is that it delivers a luxury lash experience at a reasonably affordable price.
7. It’s So Long Length Defining Black Mascara
Coming in at #7 on our list is the It’s So Long Length Defining Black Mascara. Here are just a few of the reasons that we picked it:
- The unique, C-curve brush lifts and separates lashes to ensure that every lash gets coated.
- This formula is cruelty-free and paraben free.
- This mascara does not clump and stays on lashes all day long.
On the whole, we really love this mascara, but here are a few things to keep in mind:
- While the included brush does a good job of coating lashes, it is a little flimsy and could be better made.
- Make sure to keep the lid on tight or the mascara may dry out quickly.
- While this mascara is not listed as waterproof, it does require the use of an oil-based makeup remover to get it off at the end of the day.
We really like this formula for its formula, which doesn’t irritate sensitive eyes and its effectiveness.
6. Maybelline New York Define-A-Lash Lengthening Washable Mascara
Our #6 pick in this category is the Maybelline New York Define-A-Lash Lengthening Washable Mascara. Let’s take a look at some of the many reasons it makes our list of the best lengthening mascaras.
- Flexible brush shapes itself to your lashes, delivering an even coat of mascara.
- Lengthens lashes without making them appear unnatural – a great daytime mascara.
- The formula has been tested by ophthalmologists and is good for sensitive eyes.
And now, here are some potential caveats to keep in mind before you buy this mascara:
- The formula is not listed as waterproof but requires the use of an oil-based makeup remover.
- If you’re looking for dramatic, nighttime lashes then this product is not for you.
- This product is tested on animals, so if cruelty-free products are something you need then you should choose a different product.
On the whole, we love this formula because the brush really delivers, lifting and separating the lashes so there’s no clumping.
5. Best 3D Fiber Lash Mascara by Simply Naked Beauty
Coming in at the #5 position on our list is this 3D Fiber Lash Mascara by Simply Naked Beauty. Here are some of the reasons we chose it:
- The formula is waterproof and smudges proof, so it stays on all day long – until you decide to remove it.
- This mascara is hypoallergenic and never tested on animals.
- Comes with detailed application instructions from a makeup expert.
Here are a few things we think could be better about this product:
- Although this product is hypoallergenic, some people may find that their eyes are irritated by the fibers.
- The multiple steps required to apply this mascara may turn some people off.
- This product is not as expensive as some luxury mascaras, but definitely more expensive than any drugstore mascara.
- We really like this formula because it stays put on your eyelashes once you apply it.
4. theBalm Mad Lash Mascara
Our #4 pick is theBalm Mad Lash Mascara. Here are just a few of the things we like about this lengthening mascara:
- The injection-molded mascara want conforms to lashes and ensures that mascara goes on evenly.
- This formula is both paraben free and cruelty-free.
- The package has a cool retro look that you’ll want to show off.
Now, here are a few potential downsides to keeping in mind before you buy:
- The full-size bottle is definitely larger than most mascaras and may be awkward to hold.
- While the mascara is listed as water-resistant, it is not waterproof and may come off if it gets exposed to tears or water.
- This product is a bit on the pricey side and may be too much for some people.
We really love this product for its cool packaging and effective brush, which is particularly good at coating those small lower lashes.
3. L’Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara
L’Oreal Paris is one of the biggest names in makeup, so it should come as no surprise that the L’Oreal Paris Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara comes in at #3 on our list. Here are some of the reasons we chose it:
- Comes with a two-ended brush to apply the included base coat and top coat for great-looking lashes.
- The nourishing formula is hypoallergenic and ophthalmologist tested, and it includes Ceramide R and D-Panthenol to strengthen and condition your eyelashes.
- This is one of the more affordable mascaras on our list.
Here are a few things we think could be better:
- While this mascara does a great job of lengthening lashes, it does very little to make them appear thicker – something that may matter for some people.
- Because the brush is two-sided, each side is a bit stubby and some people may not like that.
- This makeup is truly waterproof and requires some effort to remove.
On the whole, we like this product for its nourishing formula and its affordable price.
2. Maybelline New York Lash Stiletto Ultimate Length Washable Mascara
The #2 pick on our list is our second product from Maybelline, another well-known name in cosmetics. Here are some of the things we like about this formula:
- This mascara gives lashes length and shine, something that many mascaras can’t do.
- Its hypoallergenic and ophthalmologist tested formula is safe for sensitive eyes.
- This is an incredibly affordable product that delivers great results.
While we love most things about this product, here are a few potential issues to keep in mind:
- This is a very light formula and some people may prefer a more dramatic look.
- The wand is very long and takes some getting used to if you want to avoid getting mascara on your face.
- This formula is not waterproof and may come off during the day.
The main reason we love this mascara is for the shine it imparts to lashes.
1. Mia Adora 3D Fiber Lash Mascara
Finally, the top pick on our list is Mia Adora 3D Fiber Lash Mascara. There are lots of things we adore (pun intended) about this mascara, and here are just a few:
- Includes two products, a gel and lengthening fibers, as well as a cool carrying case.
- Waterproof and smudge-proof formula stays put all day long.
- This product is hypoallergenic and never tested on animals.
We love almost everything about this product, but here are a few potential downsides to consider:
- Because it’s waterproof, this mascara does require the use of an oil-based makeup remover.
- The two-step process may not be ideal for some people.
- This is one of the more expensive products on our list.
This product delivers great-looking, long lashes in a formula that’s safe for sensitive eyes.
You want to have long, beautiful eyelashes, and the ten mascaras on this list can deliver. Whether you prefer waterproof mascara or regular, there’s something here for you!