A woman’s perfume is as individual as her personality. Choosing the right scent can help make any outfit more appealing. It can make a woman look and feel as sexy on the outside as she does on the inside.
Because perfume choices are so subjective, it can be difficult to find the right scent – whether you’re buying for yourself or for a special woman in your life. Your taste, and hers will both play a role.
Still, some perfumes are more seductive than others. With so many to choose from, we thought it would be helpful to create a guide. We’ll start by talking about what makes a perfume seductive, and then share our picks for the top 10 most seductive perfumes for women in 2019.
What Makes a Perfume Seductive?
Seduction is hard to define because one person’s idea of sexy is another person’s turn-off. However, many seductive perfumes have certain things in common.
Here are some to consider as you think about which fragrance to buy.
- Many seductive perfumes have musky tones. Why? Because musk and sex go together like a horse and carriage. The human body, in its natural state, has a musky scent that becomes more pronounced during arousal.
- As a rule, seductive perfumes tend to be a bit heavier than other fragrances. While any fragrance can be sexy under the right circumstances, light citrusy scents tend to be more sporty than sensual.
- A seductive fragrance shouldn’t smack you in the face. When you get close to somebody, you want the perfume to be enticing without overpowering your senses.
- Of course, it’s important to have a fragrance that can last throughout the day. Nobody wants to spend money only to have their fragrance fade after a few hours.
- Finally, the price is a consideration for all but the wealthiest among us. We’ve made an effort to include fragrances at every price point
The right perfume, when combined with a woman’s pheromones, can be incredibly seductive. Normally we would give a list of pros and cons, but here we’ll just the things we like about the perfume and tell you why we picked it.
Last update on 2019-08-08 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. BURBERRY for Women Eau de Parfum, 3.3 fl oz
The 10 perfume on our list comes from the Burberry design house, the BURBERRY for Women Eau de Parfum, 3.3 fl oz. This perfume has some notes that might not normally be connected with seduction combined with some that do.
- Green apple, black currant, and bergamot notes give this scent a freshness that many seductive fragrances lack.
- The seductive notes come from vanilla, sandalwood, and jasmine.
We’re recommending the 3.3-ounce bottle which is enough to last up to 6 months with daily use. As is the case with many designer perfumes, the price may deter some people. But we think that has a sweetly seductive aroma that both women and men will love.
9. Can by Paris Hilton for Women – 3.4 Ounce EDP Spray
If you’re looking for a seductive perfume that’s still sweet enough to be suitable for a young woman, you could do a lot worse than Can by Paris Hilton for Women – 3.4 Ounce EDP Spray, the 9 fragrance on our list. Here’s why we chose it.
- The fruity cassis, nectarine, and orange blossom scent keep this fragrance young and fun.
- Notes of musk and wood ground the fruit and make it sexy.
- The long-lasting scent stays put for hours.
One of the things we really like about this fragrance is that it’s very affordable, well in the price range of women who might not have much to spend on perfume. Even if you’re not a fan of Paris Hilton, you might enjoy wearing this playful and sexy scent.
8. Giorgio Armani Code Eau de Parfum Splash Women, 2.5 Fl Oz
We absolutely love the sophisticated, dark blue bottle that houses Giorgio Armani Code Eau de Parfum Splash Women, 2.5 Fl Oz, the 8 pick on our list. That’s part of why we chose it, but it’s not the only reason.
- Exotic fragrance notes include blood orange, ginger, jasmine, and vanilla.
- Deep wood notes bring the sensual side of the woman who wears it to light.
- Long-lasting fragrance still smells great at the end of the day.
This perfume has been on the market for years, but we still love it. It’s a classic that never goes out of style – and the Armani name gives it a cache that other fragrances don’t have.
7. Coco Mademoiselle Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 fl oz/100ml
There are few names more synonymous with fashion and sensuality than Coco Chanel, so it’s no surprise to find Coco Mademoiselle Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 fl oz/100ml coming in at 7 on our list. This is another classic, but here’s what we love about it.
- Citrus notes of orange, grapefruit, and lychee give this fragrance a light, fruity smell when first applied.
- Florals of rose, jasmine, and vanilla provide a floral punch.
- Finally, seductive notes of patchouli and vetiver give it sexiness and staying power.
This is a fragrance that costs more than the average perfume, but it also smells expensive and will make any woman who wears it feel like a star. The money you spend will pay off as this scent easily lasts all day long.
6. Romance by Ralph Lauren for Women, Eau De Parfum Natural Spray, 1 Ounce
There’s a reason that the name Ralph Lauren has been around for as long as it has. Ralph Lauren’s clothes capture the essence of femininity, and so does Romance by Ralph Lauren for Women, Eau De Parfum Natural Spray, 1 Ounce, the 6 fragrance on our list. Here’s why we like it.
- This is a seductive fragrance that’s still appropriate for daywear because it’s light enough to be worn to the office, and its sexiness is subtle.
- Major notes of rose and violet help give this perfume a beautiful floral scent.
- Deeper, seductive tones come from ginger, oakmoss, and classic musk.
One of the things we really like about this perfume is that it’s an affordable luxury. It smells expensive but buying it won’t bankrupt you.
5. Flowerbomb By Viktor & Rolf For Women Edt Spray 1.7 Oz
If you prefer floral scents to traditionally sexy scents that are spicy or musky, try Flowerbomb By Viktor & Rolf For Women Edt Spray 1.7 Oz the next time you buy perfume. This fragrance makes no pretense to be anything other than its name suggests, but it’s still memorable and sexy. This is why we chose it.
- Unabashedly feminine scent is bursting with flowers, including freesia, jasmine, orchid, and rose.
- Patchouli provides just enough depth to make it sexy and give some staying power to the flowers.
- All-season fragrance can be worn all year long.
This perfume isn’t cheap, but it has a lot of staying power. That means that even a small bottle can last a long time – and it’s the kind of perfume that people stop and ask about it. It’s memorable, feminine, and utterly seductive.
4. My Insolence by Guerlain for Women. Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4-Ounces
Guerlain makes a lot of fragrances for women, but our 4 pick is one of the lesser-known options. It’s My Insolence by Guerlain for Women. Eau De Toilette Spray 3.4-Ounces and here’s what we love about it.
- Almond blossom, jasmine, and raspberry provide a classic – but also somewhat unexpected – fruity and floral combination that smells good on almost anybody.
- The fruity top notes are grounded by tonka bean, vanilla, and patchouli notes that give it a seductive edge.
- Long-lasting perfume keeps you smelling great all day without ever being overpowering.
This fragrance is special. It’s sexy without being over, and yet it’s still feminine enough to be worn to work or with family. The one potential downside is the high price tag, but here again – a little goes a long way. We really think you’ll love it.
3. Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Eau de Parfum Spray
The pretty pink bow that adorns the neck of Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Eau de Parfum Spray is part of why we picked it for the 3 spot on our list of the most seductive perfumes for women. This is really a special scent and one that surprises in many ways. Here are some of the reasons we picked it for our list.
- Top floral notes include light flowers such as honeysuckle and jasmine, which smell wonderful alone and even better together.
- Praline and vanilla provide a natural sweetness that’s seductive without being overly dessert or off-putting. Vanilla can be overpowering if not used wisely, but this scent has just the right touch.
- Finally, patchouli – which is commonly paired with vanilla to balance out its sweetness – provides a deep seductive note that resonates beneath the floral charm of the fragrance.
This is a mid-priced perfume that feels like a splurge but is still affordable as a luxury. The fragrance is definitely a bit strong, so a little goes a long way. And it may be more suitable for evening wear and special occasions than for everyday use.
2. Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker for Women, Eau de Parfum, 3.4-Ounce Spray Bottle
When Sarah Jessica Parker was on HBO’s Sex and the City, women everywhere emulated her style. It should be no surprise, then, that her signature scent comes in at 2 on our list. Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker for Women, Eau de Parfum, 3.4-Ounce Spray Bottle is both classic and modern. We chose it for these reasons.
- Mandarin and bergamot are the citrusy top notes that you will notice when you first spray this scent onto your wrists or neck.
- The seductive notes are many and make this perfume truly remarkable. Notes of rosewood, musk, cedar, lavender, and amber provide a deeply resonant sexiness that sends an unmistakable signal that seduction is on the table.
- In spite of its celebrity roots and long-lasting fragrance, this perfume is very affordable even for women on a tight budget.
In addition to smelling great, this fragrance comes in an elegant, champagne-colored bottle that will look wonderful displayed on your bureau or vanity. We can’t recommend it highly enough.
1. Yves Saint Laurent Eau De Parfum Spray for Women, Black Opium, 3 Ounce
If there’s one fragrance that we think epitomizes femininity and seduction, it’s Yves Saint Laurent Eau De Parfum Spray for Women, Black Opium, 3 Ounce. This is a sweet-smelling perfume that’s deceptively innocent – until you get up close. Here’s why it’s the 1 pick on our list.
- Top notes of vanilla are deeply feminine and unabashedly romantic.
- Middle notes are white flowers, which underscore the femininity of the scent.
- The base notes are where things get surprising – black coffee and cedarwood ground this fragrance and provide it with a deeply seductive feel that emerges throughout the day.
While this scent is certainly feminine and romantic, it’s also not for the faint-hearted. It’s extremely sexy and memorable. It may not be the best choice for the warm summer months, when the base notes may be a bit overwhelming. Still, we love it so much that we couldn’t resist making it our top pick as the single most seductive perfume for women in 2019. We hope you’ll give it a try.
Picking the right perfume is a choice as individual and personal as choosing a haircut, selecting clothes – or deciding how and when to carry out a seduction. When a woman wears a fragrance that she knows is feminine and seductive, she becomes aware of her own power and charm. The 10 spectacularly seductive fragrances on this list run the gamut from sweet to sexy and back again – and you’re sure to find something for yourself or the special woman in your life.