Hair loss in men can occur for a bunch of reasons. To some it is genetic while for others it is caused by external factors. The things we eat, the air we breathe and our daily routines can lead to hair loss. For the ones that it is a genetic condition, reversing or even stopping hair loss can be quite difficult but not impossible. When it is caused by external factors, it is a bit easier to deal with.
Hair loss occurs much more often for men rather than with women. There are some biological reasons to why this is happening but the treatment is fairly similar to a certain degree. In fact, some hair loss treatments are being advertised as unisex, showing results for both men and women. These treatments can be in the form of dietary supplements, shampoos or conditioners.
The substances used to stop or reverse hair loss are different from one product to another as there is very little research done on the subject. What makes one product better than the other is the customer feedback. The only way to tell if a product works is to check what others have to say about it. For some, a product can work like a charm while for others it may not work at all. It takes a bit of experimenting but the key factor is not to give up.
Best Hair Loss Treatments For Men in 2019
With these things said, let’s have a look at some of the most popular treatments. Here are the top 10 best hair loss treatments for men in 2019.
10. Procerin Tablets for Men
Procerin is a hair regrowth treatment that comes in the form of pills. This dietary supplement relies heavily on natural ingredients and as the manufacturers claim, this is an herbal product. It does not require a prescription and the results are fairly decent but not as spectacular as some would like.
- All natural supplement with just herbal extracts
- Promotes growth and stops hair loss
- Works with men of younger age as well
- Results are a bit mixed. Some users get results while others do not
The main problem with the supplement is that the results tend to show only in some cases. It does not work with hair loss that is linked to genetic predispositions. The natural formula is mostly efficient when there are external factors causing the hair loss.
Looking at the prost of the product, the 90-day money back guarantee comes to mind. Also, the use of natural ingredients makes it a safe product and it does not require a prescription. The supplement is recommended to be used daily in order to get the best results.
9. Biotin Shampoo for Hair Growth B-Complex Formula for Hair Loss
Biotin made a rather successful shampoo to fight against hair loss. Their product is being sold as unisex. It works for both men and women and it is reasonably priced. The results can vary but for most part it should at least stop the hair loss process.
- 100% natural with safe ingredients that do not cause any kind of allergic reactions
- Good price tag
- Can slow down hair loss and promote hair growth
- Takes a long time of usage to see the results coming in
Being a natural product is a plus but it also means that the shampoo takes quite some time to show visible results. According to some users it needs about 3 months of regular usage in order to regain hair. For others it may be faster while for a few it might not have any effect at all.
Counting the pros of the product, the fact that is a shampoo can be preferable over pills. Shampoos do not need to be used daily to get some results. Also the Biotin shampoo, having natural ingredients does not cause any kind of irritations and it can be used by both men and women due to its special formula.
8. RX 4 Hair Loss Conditioner Natural & Organic Product Anti-Hair Loss Treatment
RX 4 is a popular seller that comes in the form of a conditioner. This particular treatment was made to stop hair loss regardless of its cause. Using natural ingredients the product manages to offer decent results and works for both men and women that have problems with hair loss.
- Natural formula that blocks DHT thus supporting hair growth and stops hair loss
- No side effects or bad skin reactions
- Can show results in 30 days if used regularly
- Bad scent. The conditioner has an intense flowery smell that seems too feminine
To start things off let’s point out the issue and that is the scent. It has a potent flowery fragrance that is a bit too intense and seems too feminine. The product is advertised as being good for men and women but the scent is not unisex at all.
The good part about the conditioner is the fact that it acts as a DHT blocker without the use of any artificial substances. It is a natural product with no side effects. It comes in a large bottle and for a modest price tag. The best results can be achieved by following the instructions that come with the bottle.
7. Art Naturals Organic Argan Oil Hair Loss Shampoo for Hair Regrowth
Art Naturals is a common brand that offers several different hair treatment products. Their organic Argan Oil shampoo has been known to have positive effects for men that experience hair loss. It has a special formula that has been enriched with biotin in order to maximize results.
- Rich in biotin to stimulate hair growth
- Free of sulfates and other chemicals
- Uses a special blend of argan oil, while willow bark, rosemary, thyme and aloe vera
- Used too often, the oil tends to irritate the skin. It must not be used daily
The blend of ingredients has been reported to be successful in both men and women. It has a pleasant scent that will not be too irritating and it is very easy to rinse off. The shampoo also tends to make the hair less frizzy which can be counted as a plus.
What has been observed is the fact that the shampoo tends to irritate the skin if it is used daily. It should be used every other day in order to avoid skin problems. The natural ingredients used should not cause any issues but they seem to have a harsh effect over sensitive scalp skin.
6. Vitamins Hair Loss Shampoo
Vitamins hair loss shampoo is a simple way of dealing with hair loss. To achieve good results, the brand focused on creating a treatment that blocks DHT if it is used as recommended. The results have been positive but there are a few things worth knowing about the shampoo.
- Unisex. It has positive effects for both men and women
- Rich in biotin, stimulates hair growth and stops hair loss
- 100% natural with only safe ingredients
- Very efficient with stopping hair loss. Tends to be less efficient with hair growth
While most users noticed that it does indeed stop hair loss, growing hair tends to be a whole different story. It seems that the product needs to be used for a very long period of time in order to get some noticeable effects.
According to the manufacturers, the Vitamins shampoo is a natural product. Adding biotin enhances its formula and improves its efficiency. What most people praised about is the scent. It has a very pleased fragrance that tends to persist on the scalp for an entire day.
5. Rogaine Hair Loss & Hair Thinning Treatment Minoxidil Foam
Rogaine is a brand that used a bit of advertising for its products and for most part their hair loss treatment works. Not for everybody but there are plenty of men that managed to stop their hair loss and even get some if it back. It is not a 100% natural product but it does offer results.
- Comes with a low price tag and a 3-month supply
- Easy to apply as it comes in the form of a foam
- Great results in stopping hair loss
- Not that great when it comes to hair regrowth
Coming in the form of a foam makes it rather convenient as a product. It is highly effective when it comes to stopping hair loss but it does not work all that well with hair regrowth. For some users it works while for others it does not.
The value for money of the Rogaine makes it a decent product. A pack contains enough product to last for a full treatment of three months. It is not an all-natural product but it is also quite mild even with sensitive skin. It has a pleasant scent and it is very easy to rinse it off.
4. DasGro Hair Growth Vitamins with Biotin and DHT Blocking Ingredients for All Hair Types
DasGro hair growth vitamin complex is a simple way of dealing with a rather sensitive problem. Compared with other products is has a rather good efficiency and it does not need to be used for a very long period of time to show results. On top of all this it is also quite inexpensive.
- Complex formula using a number of different extracts from plants, biotin and vitamins
- Can be used by both women and men
- Does not have any side effects
- For a very small portion of men, it might not work depending on the stage of their condition
The vast majority of men that used the supplement reported it managed to stop hair loss. Only a handful reported that the supplement did not stimulate hair growth. Overall results are positive and it seems to be much better than most other hair loss treatments on the market.
An interesting thing about the supplement is just how complex the formula is. It contains many different ingredients such as grape seed, MSM, ginko bilboa, green tea, various roots and other vitamins. More than 20 compounds have been used to create the supplement.
3. Ultrax Labs Hair Plush Lush Caffeine Hair Loss Treatment Formula Serum
Ultrax Labs sounds like the kind of brand that would invest a lot in developing a product that would solve a common problem. Their Hair Plus Lush hair loss treatment is one of the more expensive products in our list but the results place it amongst the best we were able to find.
- Stops hair loss after just a few uses
- Can be used by both men and women
- Boosts the growth of natural hair using a special formula that does not irritate the scalp
- Does not work for everyone especially if the hair loss reached an advanced stage
Based on the responses to the product, it is safe to say that the Ultrax Labs treatment works better when it is used preventively or at the beginning stages when the first signs of hair loss appear. It does help with regrowth but it will not be able to work wonders. There is no miracle product.
One heavily advertised ingredient is the added caffeine in the formula. Caffeine is used successfully in many other types of hair products and it does have some benefits. The serum comes in a concentrated state and only a small quantity needs to be used at once.
2. Ultrax Labs Hair Rush DHT Blocking Hair Loss Supplement
Ultrax Labs hair rush DHT blocker treatment is one of the more efficient ways to deal with hair loss. In order to inhibit DHT production the supplement uses a blend of 23 essential vitamins which also helps circulation thus promoting hair growth when used on a regular basis.
- Stops hair loss after just a few uses
- Safe formula with ingredients that do not cause allergic reactions
- Rich in solubilized keratin to increase hair growth and thickness
- Nothing worth mentioning
The DHT blocking formula makes the supplement their best product so far. It is highly reviewed and offers excellent results when compared with other supplements. The key is the DHT blocker and the mix of vitamins seems to work great.
A full bottle contains enough pills for one month of treatment which should show good results. Because it comes in the form of pills, it is much more convenient to use rather than having to wash the hair with a bad smelling shampoo every day.
1. PURA D’OR Hair Loss Prevention Therapy Premium Organic Argan Oil Shampoo
PURA hair loss therapy is an inexpensive product that comes in the form of a shampoo. It uses no less than 12 DHT blockers which makes it one of the most efficient hair loss treatments in our list. It has no parabens or harmful chemicals and it can be used by both men and women.
- Natural formula with 12 DHT blockers to reverse hair loss
- Cruelty free, paraben free, no sulfates and any harmful chemicals
- Inexpensive. One bottle lasts for at least one month
- Nothing worth mentioning
One interesting fact about the PURA hair loss therapy is that it has been clinically proven to be efficient. It has been tested and its mix of 12 DHT blockers will help almost all men. Some might not see results as fast as others but for the vast majority of cases it was able to help in a relatively decent period of time.
The product comes with a low price tag. It is not completely natural but it does not contain any harmful chemicals that could cause side effects or skin reactions. It can be used by both men and women and one bottle lasts for at least one month.
What Makes A Hair Loss Treatment Good
The problem with hair loss treatments is that there is not enough research on the effect of various substances. There is no sure treatment and because of this, a lot of treatments make baseless claims. Unfortunately, there is no miracle treatment and if something works, it takes time and patience. Some treatments tend to show results while others seem to not work at all. Here are some key factors to take into account when looking for a hair loss treatment.
- Supplements, shampoo or conditioner? There are many different types of treatments and for most part they contain similar substances. Supplements are probably the most efficient as they deliver the vitamins much more efficiently. Shampoos and conditioners do not work as well.
- What are the reviews saying? It is important to check what others have to say. Most likely, there are others that used the product and can offer an opinion if it works or not.
- Natural treatment or not? A natural treatment using only extracts from organic sources can be considered safe but not the most efficient. There are synthetic compounds that are known to help with scalp and hair health.