In general, baby shampoos tend to be much milder on the skin by avoiding the use of certain substances. There are still some brands that use substances that can still cause rashes. Fortunately, the safe ones are advertised properly making it easy to know which one is good or not for a toddler. Here are the top 10 best baby shampoos for sensitive skins in 2019.Does your baby have sensitive skin? If so, finding the right shampoo can be a challenge. Some products may leave your baby’s skin mildly irritated or cause a breakout or a rash.
Best Baby Shampoos For Sensitive Skins in 2019
When choosing a new product to use for your baby, you want to ensure that it’s perfectly safe. The top 10 best baby shampoos for sensitive skins in 2019 are all great choices and will leave your little one with clear, clean skin.
Last update on 2019-08-08 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. Burt’s Bees Baby Shampoo and Wash 12-Ounce Bottle
Burt’s Bees is mostly known for their lip balm. But, they also produce this gentle baby shampoo. Using natural ingredients, this is a tear-free shampoo containing soy proteins, which also helps to promote healthy hair.
Here are a few other reasons to consider getting this shampoo for your baby with sensitive skin:
- Plant-based ingredients – 99.9% natural ingredients
- Includes beneficial ingredients that help hydrate your baby’s skin – this includes Aloe Vera, buttermilk, and coconut oil
- This really is a tear-free shampoo
- It has a pleasant scent – even though it is fragrance-free
- Easily rinses from your baby’s hair with no residue left over
Those are great reasons to consider this shampoo. But, there are a couple of disadvantages:
- The shampoo does not lather well
- The shampoo does not help condition the hair
As mentioned, the shampoo doesn’t lather well. You may go through this bottle quickly, which is why this is the only the 10th best baby shampoo for babies with sensitive skin.
This is the first shampoo to consider. Make sure that you compare these pros and cons to the features of the following baby shampoos before you make your final decision.
9. Puracy Natural Baby Shampoo and Body Wash
This next baby shampoo is carefully formulated by a team of doctors. This is the third generation of this formula, which has been revised to help provide more moisture and more suds.
Here are a few more advantages of using this baby shampoo:
- This is a tear-free shampoo
- Includes citrus grove and other natural ingredients
- Uses 100% natural botanical extracts
- There are no allergens or irritants in the product
- Includes Himalayan pink sea salt which helps hydrate and balances your skin
There are several potential issues to pay attention to. Though, they don’t detract from the benefits:
- It may dry some scalps – if you notice that the shampoo dries your baby’s scalp, you can send the bottle back for a full refund
- Some people do not enjoy the smell of this shampoo
The bottom line is that this is a natural, nontoxic, hypoallergenic baby shampoo that shouldn’t cause any irritation. It’s soft on sensitive skin and helps keep your baby’s hair clean and healthy.
8. Weleda Calendula Baby Shampoo and Body Wash
Up next is the leading natural baby shampoo and body wash in Europe. It is made with organic ingredients, some of which are harvested by hand. This is another tear-free shampoo and it also possesses some great features, including:
- It is free of sulfates, parabens, and mineral oil
- 2-in-1 shampoo and body wash – gentle enough for your baby’s skin and hair
- Organic Calendula helps hydrate and moisturize your baby’s skin
- Gentle enough for your baby and suitable for the whole family
- No GMO ingredients are included
- No animal testing is conducted
- No synthetic fragrances are included
Overall, this is another great option. Everyone that uses it loves it. There are no drawbacks to using this shampoo. Though, it costs a little more than some of the other options on this list.
The shampoo is easy to rinse, does not irritate eyes, and it lathers easily.
7. California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo and Body Wash
California baby shampoo was developed by a mother in California that wanted the best for her child. Now, you can enjoy the benefits of her creation:
- Suitable for adults – may help treat symptoms related to rosacea or sensitive skin
- The shampoo is very gentle and shouldn’t irritate your baby’s eyes or skin
- 2-in-1 baby shampoo and body wash – you can use it in their hair and on their body
- It creates a rich lather that is easy to apply and easy to rinse
The disadvantages include the following:
- Some people don’t enjoy the smell
- This product is relatively expensive compared to other options
One of the only drawbacks is that some people don’t enjoy the smell. This is another fragrance-free shampoo, so the smell is likely the natural result of the combination of ingredients.
Another issue is the price. It is a little more expensive than some of your other choices. In the end, this is a suitable choice for adults or babies. If you have sensitive skin, you should try using this on yourself.
6. Babo Botanicals Moisturizing Baby Shampoo and Wash
At number 6 is this moisturizing baby shampoo and wash. This is another 2-in-1 shampoo and wash that is great for your baby’s skin or hair. This is an 8-ounce bottle. But, you can save money by purchasing the 16-ounce bottle.
If you want to learn more, then check out the pros and cons:
- Made with plant-based ingredients
- Helps leave your baby’s hair soft and smooth
- Includes an organic blend rich in vitamins and antioxidants
- Includes Calendula oil which is known to help soothe scalps – even if your baby has cradle cap or dry patches
- Includes oat milk, which can help to comfort skin and dry patches related to eczema
- It is easy to apply and rinse
- Dairy and soy free
- Dermatologist tested
- Tear-free shampoo
- Biodegradable formula
The disadvantages include:
- • The Calendula oil has a strong smell – others have complained about this scent
If the scent is too strong, you could try a different shampoo. But, this is a great choice. It only uses natural ingredients and is specially formulated for babies with sensitive skin.
Click here for: Top 10 Best Shampoo for Oily, Itchy & Greasy Hair for Women
5. CeraVe Baby Wash and Shampoo 8-Ounce Bottle
At number 5 is this tear-free baby shampoo and wash. Like many of the products in this list, it is suitable for their hair or skin. It includes 3 essential ceramides that could help repair your baby’s skin and heal irritated skin.
Here are the benefits and features of this shampoo and wash:
- Comes in an 8-ounce bottle
- It is vitamin enriched to help moisturize your baby’s skin
- It is also hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, and tear-free
- This shampoo might be able to help treat certain skin issues
- It may help eliminate irritated skin
There aren’t any major disadvantages to discuss. Most people love this shampoo. It is gentle on the skin and lathers well. It also rinses easily, so that you don’t exacerbate the problem.
This review is for the 8-ounce bottle of baby shampoo and body wash. If you enjoy this product, you should check out the complete line of CeraVe baby products.
4. SheaMoisture Ultra-Sensitive Fragrance Gluten-Free Baby Shampoo
Like most baby shampoos, this next option is also fragrance-free. Other details include the fact that it is gluten-free, gentle, and designed for babies with sensitive skin.
Below, you’ll discover some of the reasons why this is one of the best baby shampoos:
- It is not tested on animals
- Adults with eczema have used and loved this product
- Parents claim that it leaves their baby’s hair soft and shiny
- The shampoo lathers easily
- Does not have a strong smell like most of the previous entries
- May help hydrate your baby’s skin and reduce further irritation
Again, there are no disadvantages to point out. Great care goes into the creation of these products. The top 10 shampoos are all made with mostly natural ingredients, they tend to be fragrance-free, and are specifically designed to be gentle on sensitive skin.
This shampoo is also cost-effective. For about $10, you can get a 13-ounce bottle. Since it has a great lather, one bottle should be able to last a couple months. Though, this depends on whether you only use it for your baby or the whole family.
3. Aquaphor Baby Wash & Shampoo 13.5 Fluid Ounces
The 3rd best baby shampoo for sensitive skin comes pediatrician recommended. It has been designed to be extra mild and tear-free. Clinically proven to be gentle on your baby’s skin and scalp. Here are a few other details to keep in mind:
- Cleanses using a light lather that easily rinses from your baby’s scalp
- Comes in a pump bottle so that you don’t accidentally use too much shampoo
- It does not leave flaky residue behind on your baby’s scalp
- Suitable for adults and babies
With this shampoo, the only issue is that some parents have mentioned the shampoo doesn’t do a thorough job of washing hair.
They state that it works great on their skin, but that it doesn’t help maintain clean, shiny hair. This may depend on the condition of your baby’s hair and the amount of shampoo that you use.
Luckily, this product is backed by a money back guarantee. If you’re not happy with the results, you can return the product.
Overall, this is another quality choice that is made with natural ingredients. Some people have discussed the smell, but it isn’t as strong as the shampoos that contain Calendula oil. This is also suitable for both adults and babies, so the whole family can use it.
This shampoo and body wash is like the previous entry, with similar comments from parents. The difference is the price tag. This shampoo costs slightly less while providing the same benefits.
2. Organic Baby Shampoo for Cradle Cap, Eczema, Sensitive Skin, and More
From Elizabeth Parker Naturals comes this baby shampoo for babies with sensitive skin. It is a tear-free shampoo that comes in an 8-ounce bottle. To find if this is a good choice, you can examine the following advantages:
- Tear-free ingredients – made with gentle, non-allergenic, and natural ingredients
- The shampoo has a pH balance of 5.5 – the same as your baby’s skin
- Helps penetrate deeper to offer more relief for skin irritation
- Suitable for extremely sensitive skin
- This shampoo may help deal with dry, tangled, or brittle hair
- Suitable for use on babies with cradle cap
- The shampoo has been clinically proven to help treat skin and scalp eczema
- Does not strip the hair or produce a chemical buildup like many commercial shampoos
- Intended to help reduce redness and itching
The drawback to this product is the cost. You are paying a premium price for a premium shampoo. If you’re willing to spend more for the health and wellbeing of your family, then you should consider this product when choosing your next shampoo.
1. Aveeno Baby Wash & Shampoo 8-Ounce Pack of 2
The top choice comes from Aveeno – a trusted name for skin care products. This is an 8-ounce bottle of baby wash and shampoo. It is affordable and pediatrician recommended. In addition to the cost, you may enjoy the following:
- Uses a tear-free formula that can gently cleanse your baby’s skin without drying
- Includes naturally soothing oat extract
- This shampoo has been specially formulated with soothing natural oat extract
- Easily create a rich lather
- Rinses from your baby’s scalp without leaving any residue
- It is also soap-free and paraben-free
There are no disadvantages. If there were, this shampoo wouldn’t have made to the top spot on the list. Aveeno has been offering quality products for over 7 decades. This baby shampoo is just one of many products that come highly recommended.
Not only is this the best baby shampoo for sensitive skin, it also one of the most affordable. You get 2 8-ounce bottles for one low price. This may be your best option and should be the first shampoo that you decide to try for your baby’s sensitive skin.
Select the Best Baby Shampoos for Sensitive Skins
You now have 10 different options that are all suitable for babies with sensitive skin. They don’t contain harsh chemicals or other ingredients that increase the risk of rashes or dry skin.
If you’ve noticed the dry or chapped skin on your little one, then consider purchasing one of the top 10 best baby shampoos in 2019.