Anybody who works at a computer all day long knows how important it is to choose the right desk. Computer desks come in all shapes and sizes. When you have the right desk, you can be sure that you’ll be comfortable while you work. Pick the wrong one, and it can result in back and neck pain, overall discomfort, and a general sense of dissatisfaction.
With that in mind, here are our picks for the top 10 best computer desks in 2020. Whether you prefer class or modern, and whatever your target price range is, there’s something here for everybody.
Best Computer Desks in 2020
Last update on 2020-07-26 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. ApexDesk VT60NWC-S Vortex Series 60″ Wide 2-Button Electric Height Adjustable Sit to Stand Desk
We’re closing out our list with another sit-to-stand desk that offers you a way to work without hurting your neck and back. The ApexDesk VT60NWC-S Vortex Series 60″ Wide 2-Button Electric Height Adjustable Sit to Stand Desk isn’t inexpensive, but we think it’s worth the money.
- Huge, 30” by 60” desktop offers plenty of working space for a laptop or desktop computer
- Electric adjustment is perfect for people who are worried about being able to adjust the desk on their own
- With the push of a button, adjusts from 27.5” for sitting to 45.5” for standing
- Scratch-resistant top is available in your choice of three finishes: Espresso, Light Cherry, and New Cherry
If you want an attractive desk that’s versatile and great for your back, this desk is worth the money.
9. Contempo Clear Glass Top Computer Desk with Pull Out Keyboard Panel. Color: Clear
If minimalist and modern is your style, you might like this Contempo Clear Glass Top Computer Desk with Pull Out Keyboard Panel. This isn’t a big desk, so if you need a lot of working space you might want to try one of the other items on our list. But if you just want a place to put your computer, we like this option.
- Desktop is made of 8 mm tempered safety glass that’s durable and built to last
- The frame is metal and powder-coated and scratch-resistant
- Pull-out keyboard tray is made of moisture-resistant wood laminate
- Easy to assemble – ships in one box
- Come with a 5-year limited warranty
This is an affordable and attractive modern desk that’s perfect for a small space.
8. Leick Corner Computer and Writing Desk, Mission Oak Finish
Do you need to fit your desk in a corner? If so, this Leick Corner Computer and Writing Desk provides a beautiful and functional answer to your problem. We love this desk because:
- It’s made of hardwood solids with a hand-applied finish – the construction is sturdy and the desk is made to last
- The desk is available in four finishes: Mission Oak, Chocolate Oak, Burnished Oak, and Black
- Keyboard drawer has a drop front to maintain a beautiful appearance when the desk is not in use
- Under-desk shelves provide a place for your CPU and printer
- The back of the drawer has a grommet to help keep your cords organized
- Assembly is quick and easy
The drawer has full gliders for easy opening, and the whole desk assembles in just minutes.
7. Prepac Wall Mounted Floating Desk with Storage in White
If you have limited space and want a place to work that will work in any room, then you should consider the Prepac Wall Mounted Floating Desk with Storage. This small desk mounts on any wall using included hardware. We like it because it can provide you with a working space even if all you have is a few extra feet of wall space.
- Metal rail hanging system allows you to mount the desk at any height, making it perfect for children or adults
- Two side compartments with removable shelves provide space for office supplies, photos, electronic devices, or CDs
- Full-length top shelf is perfect for books and other items
- In-desk wire management option makes it easy to keep things organized
Assembly and mounting are easy and intuitive, and all you need to do is add the chair of your choice.
6. 48″ Crank Adjustable Standing Desk (Black Frame / Teak Top)
People who spend a lot of time at their desks often end up suffering from neck and back pain as a result. More and more, the solution is to use a standing desk like this 48” Crank Adjustable Standing Desk. There are some real benefits to standing while you work. Here’s why we like it:
- The desk has a crank that allows you to easily adjust it from 29.5” for sitting to 45.25” for standing, meaning that you always have a choice
- The desktop offers a ton of workspace, measuring 47.15” wide by 29.5” deep
- Black metal frame has a powder finish that’s attractive and durable
- The top is available in a variety of finishes that include teak, walnut, glass, and white gloss to suit your style needs
- Minimal assembly means that your desk can be ready to use in just moments
If you want to minimize back and neck pain while still having the option to sit if you need to, this desk is perfect for you.
5. Stanford Computer Desk in Antique Black
Computer desks sometimes seem to have only two designs: classic and modern. The Stanford Computer Desk in Antique Black bridges the gap with a minimalist design that would look good in a traditional home as well as in a modern office. It makes our list for these reasons:
- The work surface is both attractive and scratch-resistant
- The front drawer is stylish and features a drop-front so you can use your keyboard
- Under-the-desk storage shelf provides a place to stack boxes or files
- Vertical storage drawer has an opening for cords so you can use it to store your CPU
- Box drawer is perfect for storing office supplies
The pewter drawer pulls and accents pull the whole thing together for a desk that’s both beautiful and functional.
4. Sauder Beginnings Collection 42 in. Student Desk with Hutch in Cinnamon Cherry
If you’re looking for a desk for the student in your life, you might want to get this Sauder Beginnings Collection 42 in. Student Desk with Hutch in Cinnamon Cherry. This is a great starter desk for any student from elementary school up through college. We like it for its affordable price. It also offers the following features:
- Engineered wood construction with a beautiful cinnamon cherry finish
- Included hutch has a full upper shelf plus a small, adjustable shelf on the side
- Bottom part of the desk has a storage cabinet and drawer, plus an extra cubby for office supplies
- Desktop includes a cord organizer to make it easy to keep everything plugged in and easy to access
- Super easy assembly means that the desk is ready to use in just minutes
This desk is perfect for your child’s bedroom or dorm room.
3. Origami RDE-01 Computer Desk
Do you have limited office space? If so, this Origami RDE-01 Computer Desk might be the solution you need. As you might guess from the name, this is a desk that folds up for easy storage. We like it for that reason, but it has some other nice features, too.
- It opens and folds in less than 40 seconds
- It has dual locks to ensure that the desk stays open and steady when in use
- The desk has a shelf underneath it that’s sturdy enough to support multiple CPUs
- The desktop offers approximately 7 square feet of work space, big enough to hold more than one monitor if you need it to
- The tabletop is removable for lightweight and easy moving
All told, the unit weighs just over 38 pounds, making it easy to relocate and store when needed. It doesn’t have any storage, but if you want a way to convert any room into an office in under a minute, this desk is the way to do it.
2. Walker Edison Soreno 3-Piece Corner Desk, Black with Black Glass
If your style tends toward the modern and sleek, then you may prefer the Walker Edison Soreno 3-Piece Corner Desk for your office. This desk offers plenty of working space thanks to its corner design. We like it because:
- It is made of black safety glass, polished and beveled for a beautiful appearance
- It has a built-in sliding tray for your keyboard, and also has an under-desk shelf to hold a CPU if you use a desktop computer instead of a laptop
- It has a stainless steel frame with a stylish, powder-coat finish
- It has two, 21-inch rectangular desktops joined by a semi-circular desktop
The only real downside to this computer desk is that it doesn’t have any drawers or storage space. However, if you already have adequate storage, this desk is a clean and minimalist choice for your office.
1. Sauder 415109 Salt Oak Finish Harbor View Computer Desk with Hutch
The first desk on our list is the Sauder 415109 Salt Oak Finish Harbor View Computer Desk with Hutch. Itfeatures a beautiful salt oak finish that makes it a good fit with traditional or modern décor. It’s perfect for any office whether it’s a home office or in a commercial building. We like its versatile storage options and other features including:
- Slide-out shelf for your keyboard and mouse frees up space on the desk
- Under-desk storage shelf is perfect for CDs and DVDs
- Three drawers offer plenty of storage, and the lower drawer can hold standard, legal, or European-size folders
- Louver-detailed door has adjustable shelves behind it
- Included hutch as vertical storage cubbies and spaces for all of your office supplies
It’s a gorgeous desk that combines function with style.
Having the right work space is important no matter what you do. Whether you have a home office or work in a high rise, one of these computer desks is right for you.