Cars lose value quickly over time. The moment the owner steps in his new car, it starts losing value. We are talking about thousands of dollars in just a few years. Just like with any other possession, we try to keep the car in a good running condition but some elements get damaged by wear and tear. The car seats are probably the most problematic to maintain and quite expensive to recondition or to replace. Stains, burns, tears, and discoloring give them a used aspect and make the whole car look dated. Resell value is significantly affected as it looks older than it seems.
A good solution is to just get some seat covers. They might not look as good as the original seats but they have a functional purpose. If the covers get damaged, they can be easily replaced with a fraction of the cost of a new seat. Most sets of covers are universal which means they will fit almost all cars. The ones made out of synthetic leather might come in various sizes and the pricing does vary depending on the material they are made from. The list we have today will go through all the goods and the cons of the top 10 most popular car seat covers.
Best Car Seat Covers in 2017
Out of the hundreds of models available, we were able to trim the options down to the products that are worth spending money on. With these things in mind here are the top 10 best car seat covers in 2017.
Table of Contents
- 10. Sousin’s PU Leather Car Seat Cover Full Set
- 9. Leader Accessories 17 pcs Universal Car Seat Covers
- 8. Car Pass Line Rider Universal Fit Car Seat Cover
- 7. Car Pass Universal Pu Leather Car Seat Cover Set
- 6. Leader Accessories 17 pcs Auto Cloth Universal Fit Car Seat Covers
- 5. FH Group FB070GRAY102 Gray Front Airbag Ready Sport Bucket Seat Cover
- 4. BDK Two-Tone PlyCloth Car Seat Covers
- 3. BDK Charcoal Trim Black Car Seat Covers with Split Option Bench
- 2. FH Group FH-FB032115 Flat Cloth Seat Cover
- 1. FH Group Universal Fit Full Set Flat Cloth Fabric Car Seat Cover
10. Sousin’s PU Leather Car Seat Cover Full Set
Sousin PU leather car seat cover set is a premium product that is made to look good and feel luxurious. The seat covers have a sporty look with an embossed pattern and red accents on the sides. On the inside, the seat covers have a textile material that prevents them from slipping. Also, being made out of leather means that it will not get stained, it is waterproof and it does not trap bad odors.
- Premium PU leather construction
- Durable, water resistant and does not retain bad odors
- Anti-slip insert on the inside
- A bit expensive
- Heats up a lot during the summer
Everyone knows that leather heats up a lot during the summer especially if the car is left exposed to sunlight. They might not be such a great choice for the ones living in hot areas but for everyone else they should work just fine. What recommends them the most is the fact that the covers do not get stained and will not develop any kind of unpleasant smell.
9. Leader Accessories 17 pcs Universal Car Seat Covers
Leader Accessories has proved to be the brand of choice for many car owners. It is a simple product made using a special fabric that was designed to be easy to clean and fit most cars. To achieve this, the material that was selected is elastic and can stretch to properly fit the chair. What is worth noting is the extremely low price tag and the fact that it comes as a complete set
- Very inexpensive
- Easy to clean
- Complete 17 pieces set for the front and rear seats
- Looks and feels cheap
For the price, it is difficult to complain about much but if we were to pick one thing it is the quality. The covers look and feel cheap as the fabric looks like a foam. It tends to absorb liquids and it can retain bad odors if they are not cleaned from time to time. The good news is that the seat covers can be cleaned in a washing machine.
8. Car Pass Line Rider Universal Fit Car Seat Cover
Car Pass Line Rider seat cover set is yet another inexpensive alternative. It will not thrill anyone in terms of design but it gets the job done. The cover adds an extra protective layer of the seats of the car. Being made out of a stretchable material makes them compatible with almost all cars while the fabric is very easy to clean and can be machine washed.
- Low price tag
- Easy to clean, can be machine washed
- Stretchable material that ensures a universal fit
- The fabric used makes them look and feel cheap
The biggest problem that the seat cover set has is the build quality. It looks and feels cheap and mainly due to the fabric used. It is a synthetic layer but the advantage comes from the fact that it is easy to clean. The downside is that the seat cover tends to retain odors. They are quite resilient to wear and tear but over time, the color will get washed out.
7. Car Pass Universal Pu Leather Car Seat Cover Set
Car Pass Universal car leather seat cover set offers a decent deal for the money. It is one of the more affordable leather seat covers in our list. As expected it is made out of PU leather which explains the lower price tag. This still makes it water resistant, easy to clean and quite comfortable. Things are a bit different during the warmer season for obvious reasons:
- Quite affordable for a leather set
- Easy to clean
- Works with most car seats
- Gets very hot during the summer when left exposed to the sun
PU leather and genuine leather get very hot when left out in the sun. There is no way to avoid this, especially in the summer. Also, they cause the driver to sweat excessively thus they are not as comfortable as textile covers. They do offer a visual aspect that makes them more desirable. The model is also water resistant, does not develop bad smells and it is extremely easy to clean.
6. Leader Accessories 17 pcs Auto Cloth Universal Fit Car Seat Covers
Leader Accessories universal cloth car seat covers can be found for an unbeatable price. Surprisingly they do not look all that cheap and could be a rather decent choice for the ones that have a limited budget. They are made out of a simple fabric that is easy to wash and feature a decorative pattern that gives them a less bland aspect.
- One of the cheapest cat seat cover sets
- Decent design fits most cars
- Easy to clean in a washing machine
- Does not fit perfectly on all cars
The seat covers were designed to have a universal fit but that does not seem to be the case. They do work with most cars but the fabric does not stretch all that well which means that it might not work properly with all cars. If it fits, it will stay on tightly and will offer decent protection for the seats. The model uses a thicker material that also improves comfort and reduces sweating.
5. FH Group FB070GRAY102 Gray Front Airbag Ready Sport Bucket Seat Cover
Not everyone needs a full seat cover set. There are some drivers that only need covers just for the front seats. The FH Group gray sport seat cover is a viable pick that comes with a low price tag and a wide range of colors to choose from. The set is made out of a textile material that can stretch to properly fit onto the seat. It is very easy to install and quite easy to clean.
- Very cheap as it only has the front seat covers
- Wide range of colors to choose from
- Easy to install and clean
- Not very durable to wear and tear
The seat covers are decent but as reported by some users they are not as durable as expected. Oddly enough the material is not thin but it will not last for years. It will tear after some time. On the positive side, being made out of a textile material means that it does not heat up as hard as leather covers. Still, it is very easy to clean as it is machine wash safe.
4. BDK Two-Tone PlyCloth Car Seat Covers
BDK PolyCloth car seat covers offers decent value for the money even if the design of the covers is not that great. The fabric used is quite resilient and as a bonus, the set comes with floor mats. What recommends this set the most is the fact that it was made for durability using a thick and strong fabric. On top of all this, the covers have double stitching.
- Safe to be machine washed
- Very durable
- Comes with bonus floor mats
- Stretching material for optimal fit
- Fabric could have been better
The price tag is not that high and the covers are decent but the quality of the material is lacking. It is durable but it has a cheap look and feel. The overall aspect is not great but it can always be worse. What is important is that the cover offers protection against stains, spills, tears and even burns. They are quite easy to install and fit well on most cars.
3. BDK Charcoal Trim Black Car Seat Covers with Split Option Bench
BDK Charcoal Trim car seat covers have been selling well due to their low price tag and decent quality. This seat covers come as a set of the front and rear seats. They have a sleek look made from a durable textile material with double stitched seams. This ensures its durability over time. Compared to some of their other seat cover models, this particular version is much more enduring.
- Easy to clean, machine washer safe
- Low price tag
- Comfortable with a soft fabric
- Stretchable for a better fit onto the seats
- Back seat cover does not fit all that well
It is a bit odd that the front seat covers fit fine while the rear ones do not. The manufacturers might have used incorrect proportions or a material that is not as elastic. Regardless, fitting them properly onto the back seat will take some effort and patience. Coming with a low price tag the set also proves to be quite enduring and has a pleasant texture.
2. FH Group FH-FB032115 Flat Cloth Seat Cover
FH Group is a big name in the industry and many have already heard of their products. The flat cloth seat cover set is a cheap option for the ones that want to preserve the chairs in their cars. The set was made out of a special polyester fabric that ensures durability and flexibility. As per the manufacturers, the set is available in multiple colors and has a universal fit.
- Breathable material that stretches and does not cause the driver to sweat
- Extremely affordable
- Added foam padding for extra comfort
- Poor protection against burns and liquids
The seat cover set might be able to absorb small quantities of liquid but something like a glass of water will reach the seat. It simply does not do well when it comes to stains and it is just as bad when it comes to burns. An interesting aspect is the extra padding in the seat cover that helps improve comfort while driving. It also reduces sweat, unlike the regular leather seat covers.
1. FH Group Universal Fit Full Set Flat Cloth Fabric Car Seat Cover
The FH Group universal fit cloth fabric car seat cover is by far the best selling model in our list. Unlike other cat seat covers, this one has a plain, simple and clean design. It is made from a durable polycarbonate fabric and has a universal fit which works with almost all cars. Not only that the construction is decent but so is the durability with double stitching.
- Extremely affordable, premium design
- High-quality stretchable fabric
- Very comfortable and easy to put on
- Fits with all car seats
- Rear seat covers are a bit smaller than they should be
It seems that FM Group was not able to get the sizes right for their seat cover set. The rear seat cover is a bit smaller and will be more difficult to install. The fabric itself is highly resistive to wear and tear and should be able to survive for a decent period of time. As expected the seat cover is very easy to clean and is completely machine wash safe.
Which Seat Cover Set To Go For?
There are mainly two different types of car seat covers to choose from. There are leather ones and there are seat covers that are made from a textile material. Each type has its own pros and cons. To keep things short we went ahead and listed all the important aspects of both types.
- Leather seat covers are more expensive. The reason why they are more expensive is fairly obvious, the leather is more expensive as a material.
- There are almost no genuine leather seat covers. It takes a lot of leather to make seat covers and the truth is very few are willing to pay the extra money.
- Fabric seat covers do not cause the driver to sweat as much. Due to the way seat covers are made, the textile material is always better.
- Leather gets hotter during the summer.
- Leather seat covers are much more stylish.
- Fabric seat covers are much more affordable.