Once you’ve invested in a GoPro, it makes sense to get a few accessories to go with it. One of the most popular accessories for any GoPro user is a selfie stick.
Selfie sticks are perfect for when you’re out adventuring and want to snap a few self-portraits to commemorate the occasion. It can be difficult to sort out the good products from the bad, especially since many of the available products are not made by GoPro. For that reason, we have taken the time to test out some of the selfie sticks on the market and give you our picks of the 10 best.
Before we reveal our picks, let’s run through some of the most important features to consider before you buy a new selfie stick to go with your GoPro.
What to Look for in a Waterproof Selfie Stick for GoPro
If you’re going to spend some of your hard-earned money on a selfie stick, you want to make sure that it’s a good one. Here are some of the key features to consider as you shop:
- What is the selfie stick made of? Since we’re talking about waterproof products here, you’ll want to make sure that your selfie stick is made of rust-resistant material. Whether you plan on shooting in the rain or underwater, you need a selfie stick that will stay in good condition.
- How long is the arm of the selfie stick? Some selfie sticks have relatively short arms while other are long. You may want to give some thought to how and when you plan to use your selfie stick – and keep in mind that a long arm gives you more flexibility than a short one.
- Will it hold your GoPro securely? The last thing you need is for your selfie stick to let go of your GoPro at a key moment. It’s important to make sure that the mechanism that holds your camera in place is sturdy and reliable.
- If you choose a selfie stick with a long pole, is the pole collapsible for easy transportation and storage? It’s one thing to have a 36” stick when you’re ready to take a picture and another thing entirely to have to hike with it sticking out of your backpack.
- Is the selfie stick stable? Taking selfies won’t do you any good if they’re blurry. You need a sturdy selfie stick that can stand up to wind and tough weather conditions and still deliver great pictures.
- How much does the selfie stick weigh? If you plan on hiking, you may want to confine your choices to lightweight models that you can carry.
- Finally, you’ll want to think about the cost. There is a wide range of price points in the selfie stick market, so make sure that you choose the best quality selfie stick you can afford.
Best Waterproof Selfie Sticks for GoPro in 2021
Now you know which things to keep in mind when you’re thinking about buying a selfie stick for your GoPro. That means it’s time to reveal our selfie stick picks so you can get out there and start taking some selfies!
10. Mystery Waterproof Adjustable Aluminum Monopod Handheld Extension Selfie Stick Pole
The first pick on our list is the Mystery Waterproof Adjustable Aluminum Monopod Handheld Extension Selfie Stick Pole. Here’s why we like it:
- Lightweight aluminum construction for easy portability
- Extends from 7” to 19” for a variety of selfie-taking situations
- The included wrist strap provides stability no matter where you are
Here are a few potential downsides of this selfie stick:
- This selfie stick does not float like some of the other options on our list
- Aluminum is very lightweight and may bend if you’re not careful
- This product is inexpensive and as a result, not of the highest quality
If you’re looking for an affordable starter selfie stick, this one is a good choice.
9. PINRUI Floating Extension Pole Waterproof Selfie Stick
Coming in at #9 on our list is the PINRUI Floating Extension Pole Waterproof Selfie Stick. This is why we like it:
- Lightweight product floats, making it ideal for use during water sports
- Transparent stick is nearly invisible in photos
- Removable WiFi remote clip for easy control
Here are a few things that could be better:
- This product may sink more easily if it is not fully extended
- This selfie stick could be a bit sturdier than it is
- Makes a good starter stick but probably not a good choice for professionals
If you want an affordable selfie stick to use in the water, try this one.
8. SANDMARC Pole – Float Edition
Our #8 pick is the SANDMARC Pole – Float Edition. Here’s why it makes our list:
- Made of airtight and lightweight plastic, this selfie stick can be used swimming, diving, or playing water sports
- Non-retractable stick won’t take on water while telescoping
- Comes with a 100% lifetime guarantee
Here are a few things that we don’t like:
- The fixed, 17-inch length may not be ideal for everybody
- The stick floats on its own but not with the GoPro attached
- Fits only the Hero models of GoPro
This product is great if you plan to use your selfie stick in water on a regular basis.
7. FloatPro Waterproof 3-in-1 Extendable Monopod Selfie Stick
Coming in at #7 on our list is the FloatPro Waterproof 3-in-1 Extendable Monopod Selfie Stick. Here’s why it made the cut:
- Rugged, lightweight construction stands up to repeated use
- Comes with a detachable, floating wrist strap for easy retrieval
- 11” collapsed, but extends to 36” so you can use it in a variety of situations
There are a few potential caveats to consider as well:
- This device does not accept standard GoPro screws, so use the ones that are enclosed
- You must attach the orange float for the stick to float – it won’t do it on its own
- May not be durable enough for use in water sports
If you want a portable, floating selfie stick, this product is a good choice.
6. Nomadic Gear Waterproof Selfie Stick and Tripod
Our #6 pick is this Nomadic Gear Waterproof Selfie Stick and Tripod. Here are a few of the things we like about it:
- All components are durable and resistant to rust
- Comes with a carrying bag and mini-tripod
- Uses Bluetooth technology
Here are some things we think could be better:
- The wireless connection can be glitchy at times
- Universal remotes may not work with this product
If you want the convenience of having a tripod for filming on a timer, this product provides that option at an affordable price.
5. ProFloat Waterproof Floating Hand Grip
Coming in at #5 on our list is the ProFloat Waterproof Floating Hand Grip. Here are some of the reasons that we selected it:
- Non-slip handle makes this product easy to hold on to
- The hollowed-out handle can be used to store small valuables or, if filled with water, renders the handle neutral for diving (without water, it will float)
- Very lightweight and portable
Here are a few potential downsides to keep in mind:
- This product is only 7 inches long, so its use as a selfie stick is limited
- You’ll need to be careful not to over-tighten the screws
- Does not come with printed instructions, so you’ll have to look them up online
If you want an affordable product that’s reliable, this is a good starter stick.
4. Waterproof Selfie Stick for GoPro Hero 5
The #4 pick on our list is this Waterproof Selfie Stick for GoPro Hero 5. Here are a few of the things we like best about it:
- Easy, twist-locking system allows you to adjust both the length and angle of the stick
- Waterproof and resistant to saltwater damage, making it ideal for scuba divers
- Comes with a bonus carry bag and a lifetime guarantee
Here are a few things that we think could be better:
- The included strap is flimsy and you may want to replace it with something sturdier
- The screws are a tight fit – once they’re in they work fine, but it may take a bit of doing to put this stick together
- The controls could be more varied to improve the options
This is an affordable selfie stick, and the fact that it’s resistant to saltwater damage is why it’s so high on our list.
3. Professional 10-In-1 GoPro Monopod
Coming in at #3 on our list is the Professional 10-In-1 GoPro Monopod. We really like this product, and here are a few of the reasons why:
- Works with a variety of products, including GoPros, iPhones, digital compact cameras, and Android phones
- Huge extension option means this selfie stick can go from 15” all the way to 47” in just a few seconds
- Comes with a waterproof and weatherproof nylon bag for easy transport
There’s not much we don’t like about this product, but here are a few potential caveats to keep in mind:
- This product is not waterproof in salt water, so only use it in fresh
- Does not come with Bluetooth capabilities
- This product is heavy, particularly if you end up attaching a GoPro and BacPac to it – it can handle the weight, but you may not be able to
We like this product for its length and versatility, but its weight and size may not make it ideal for some people.
2. Telescoping Aluminum Selfie Stick Monopole
Our #2 pick is the Telescoping Aluminum Selfie Stick Monopole for GoPro Cameras. Here are a few of the reasons that we chose it for our list:
- This rugged product is rigorously tested to make sure it stands up to repeated use
- Telescopes from 14” to 35” so you can use it in a variety of situations
- Includes a tightening wrench for on-the-go adjustments and a wrist strap for easy retrieval and stability
There isn’t much we don’t like about this product, but here are a few potential negatives:
- The grip could be attached more securely than it is
- You need the included key to make adjustments but the selfie stick doesn’t have a place to hold it so you’ll need to carry it separately
It’s also worth noting that this selfie stick is saltwater-resistant, so if you’re in the market for a sturdy product that you can use in the ocean, this is the right selfie stick for you.
1. GoRad Gear Selfie Stick for GoPro Hero Cameras
Finally, our top pick is the GoRad Gear Selfie Stick for GoPro Hero Cameras. This is a great product, and here are a few of the things we like most about it:
- Telescoping selfie stick extends from 17” to 40”
- Made of durable, anodized aluminum tubing that’s sturdy and reliable
- Usable in fresh water or salt water
- Comes with a carrying case and tripod, and a 100% lifetime guarantee
We love almost everything about this selfie stick, but keep these things in mind:
- This product works well, but make sure to tighten both screws before using to keep the stick from coming apart
- The tripod mount is fixed, so it’s not easy to make quick adjustments to it
- This stick is on the heavy side and may not be ideal for long hikes
Overall, we absolutely love this product and recommend it for anybody who wants a reliable selfie stick to use with their GoPro.
Buying a selfie stick for your GoPro will enable you to get the most out of your camera even when there’s nobody around to snap your picture. The 10 items on this list represent the best products available – and you’re sure to find one that works for you.