A lot of casual tennis players do not use tennis elbow braces because they do not believe in their effectiveness. There is a great deal of misinformation which can be quite detrimental to the performance and health of the player. Elbow braces do help and there is science behind that can explain why.
A tennis elbow brace applies compression on the muscle right beneath the elbow. They have a similar effect on any other compression sleeve or brace. The muscle is aided by the compression to reduce lactic acid in the area thus reducing pain and improving strength. Muscle fatigue is also reduced thus a player with an elbow brace and play for longer periods of time without experiencing the usual performance degradation.
For the most part, we see tennis elbow bracers being used by professional players. Surely, these professional players use these braces because they offer benefits. On the other hand, just because someone does not play tennis all that often does not mean an elbow brace will not be useful. The ones that do not own one yet might want to stick around because we assembled a list of the most popular tennis elbow braces in 2018 that can improve performance and reduce muscle pain.
Best Tennis Elbow Braces in 2018
Table of Contents
- 10. Senteq Elbow Strap Support Brace
- 9. MeterSport Tennis Elbow Brace
- 8. Hercules Sports Medical Golfer’s & Tennis Elbow Brace
- 7. Tibeto Tennis Elbow Brace
- 6. Zofore Tennis Elbow Brace
- 5. McDavid 489 Tennis Elbow Strap
- 4. Tomight Tennis Elbow Brace
- 3. Sleeve Stars Tennis & Elbow Brace
- 2. PlayActive Tennis Elbow Brace
- 1. Simien Tennis Elbow Brace
- Things to keep in mind when looking for a tennis elbow brace
10. Senteq Elbow Strap Support Brace
Senteq elbow strap is a great pick for casual tennis players. Its greatest selling point is the low price tag and decent quality. It does what it supposed to do and has a very uncomplicated design.
The elbow brace is considered medical grade and it is FDA approved. If used properly, the brace can reduce muscle fatigue and improve performance. It helps eliminate lactic acid which usually causes muscle soreness.
In terms of build quality, the brace Is made out of neoprene and polyester. It uses a Velcro strap which makes it adjustable. The strap should be adjusted to apply a bit of compression so that it improves blood flow and improve oxygen delivery to the muscle tissue.
- Inexpensive for a pair of reliable tennis braces
- Durable construction using neoprene and polyester
- Easy to adjust using a simple Velcro strap
- Helps with recovery, blood flow and reduces muscle soreness
9. MeterSport Tennis Elbow Brace
MasterSport tennis elbow brace offers great value for money. This inexpensive accessory can have a deep impact on the tennis court as it can improve performance without being uncomfortable to wear. Sleeves can be a bit constrictive but this sleeve barely feels it is on.
The brace is made out of a durable polyester and neoprene material with a Velcro strap that allows it to be adjusted to the perfect size so that it can apply just the right amount compression.
Using the brace will offer several benefits. The brace can help improve blood flow and improve performance. The pain in the muscle is reduced which is a major advantage and recovery occurs much faster after an intense day on the tennis court
- Inexpensive but well-built and well designed
- Easy to adjust and quite comfortable to wear
- Can help improve performance and reduce muscle pain
- Accelerates recovery from injuries
8. Hercules Sports Medical Golfer’s & Tennis Elbow Brace
Playing tennis can be quite challenging as a physical activity. Not only that it requires a good amount of dexterity but muscles can get sore and pain can settle in. Hercules Sports made a very good elbow brace that can help fight these negative effects
Wearing the brace feels comfortable and it does not impair movement in any way. The Velcro strap allows it to be adjusted so that it compresses the muscle properly while the soft inner padding ensures it does not irritate the skin.
Because it sits tight on the muscle, the band helps improve blood flow. This allows more oxygen to reach the muscles and thus improve performance. It also helps reduce lactic acid which in turn reduces pain.
- Comfortable to wear, does not impair movement
- Helps with recovery and improves performance
- One size fits all, easy to adjust
- Interior padding for extra comfort
7. Tibeto Tennis Elbow Brace
Tibeto tennis elbow brace is a must-have accessory even for rookie players. It is a simple elbow brace that comes with a very low price tag and does its job quite well. The brace is not that great compared to other models in our list but for the price, it is difficult to beat.
Construction is quite decent. It is made out of neoprene and nylon which makes it durable and feels comfortable enough to wear. To adjust it, the Velcro strap can be used so that it applies a good amount of compression.
Even if it is advertised as a tennis brace, the model can be used for other sports as well such as golf, lifting weights or just recovering from an injury. The compression that it applies helps improve blood flow and oxygenation of the muscle tissue.
- Quite inexpensive and comfortable to wear
- Can be used by tennis players, golfers or it can be used to recover from an injury
- Quite durable as it is made out of nylon and neoprene
- Non-slip design which helps it sit better in place
6. Zofore Tennis Elbow Brace
Zenfore tennis elbow brace is a very useful accessory that all tennis players should get. It is a simple brace and despite its small size, it can have a deep impact on the performance and endurance of a player.
If adjusted properly, the strap helps improve blood flow in the area. On the inner side, it has a padded surface that makes it both comfortable and barely noticeable. The Velcro strap also allows the user to adjust it to his own liking.
The strap itself comes with a small e-book that provides enough details about how to recover from an injury and how to use it properly. The construction of the strap is quite decent but what is most appealing about it is how comfortable it is to wear.
- Soft padding for extra comfort
- Universal size will fit most forearms
- Comes with a small useful e-book on how to use it
- Helps relieve pain and improve blood flow
5. McDavid 489 Tennis Elbow Strap
McDavid 489 elbow strap offers great performance in a compact form factor. This small brace is applied right beneath the elbow and by applying compression, it helps improve performance and recovery.
The strap was designed to be used mostly by tennis players and people with tendonitis. It has an adjustable Velcro strap that makes it easy to adjust and a soft padding on the interior. Unlike other straps, the model is available in multiple different sizes.
For just a simple strap, the McDavid 489 can make a bit difference. The brace is made using dual Sorbothane pads which makes it comfortable to wear while reducing pain and helping with recovery.
- Multiple sizes to choose from and adjustable strap
- Comfortable contouring fit
- Helps relieve pain and improves recovery
- Latex-free and neoprene construction
4. Tomight Tennis Elbow Brace
Tomight tennis elbow brace is one of the more popular products that has been selling well because of how comfortable it is. On the inner part, it has soft foam padding with a moisture absorbent fabric.
The design of the strap is not that much different from other straps. It has 2 Velcro straps that can be used to adjust it so that it applies compression and does not slip and it is quite thin so that it does not obstruct movement.
As for performance, the brace does offer some benefits. It helps increase blood flow which in turn delivers more oxygen to the muscles. This causes the muscles to recover faster and gain better endurance to effort.
- Two adjustable Velcro straps
- Soft foam padding and moisture absorbent fabric
- Quite lightweight and thin
- Inexpensive and very well made
3. Sleeve Stars Tennis & Elbow Brace
Sleeve Stars is one of the more popular brands at least for tennis elbow braces. Their elbow brace is not much different from other models but it does work well and has a decent price tag for the quality it offers.
For the design of the brace, things are quite simple and straightforward. It is made out of a soft polyester and nylon material with 2 Velcro straps and a soft inner padding. The brace is quite comfortable and does not slide off the arm.
For an average tennis player, the brace can help improve performance and reduce fatigue. Pain in the arm is less intense and because the blood flow is better, recovery is also improved. Because of its versatility, the brace can be used for a wide range of sports.
- Two adjustable Velcro straps
- Easy to adjust and very comfortable to wear
- Can be used by tennis players and for other sports as well
- Great build quality, durable and affordable
2. PlayActive Tennis Elbow Brace
PlayActive makes some rather decent elbow braces. They are a bit more expensive but they are very practical. The tennis elbow brace is made using a soft material with a foam padding inside and two adjustable Velcro straps.
The braces fit quite well and are very easy to adjust. They will not slip off the arm even if the arm starts sweating since it has an absorbent material on the inside. This helps it stay in place and maintain the same amount of compression.
As for benefits, the braces work like any other model. They keep the area tight which forces more blood into the area thus improving oxygenation in the area. It also leads to a reduced quantity of lactic acid in the muscle with reduces soreness.
- Easy to put on, comfortable, does not slip
- Padded interior with foam compression pad
- Two adjustable straps, one size fits all
- Helps with recovery, improves performance
1. Simien Tennis Elbow Brace
The Simien tennis elbow brace is one of the more expensive models on our list. To make it worth considering, it is important to mention that it is very well built and works very well. It is similar to other elbow braces but it is more reliable.
Comfort is quite important when it comes to elbow braces which is why this model has a foam padding on the inside and an anti-slip design. This makes it reliable and very comfortable to wear even for longer periods of time.
In terms of functionality, the brace can be adjusted using Velcro straps and if adjusted correctly, it will apply the right amount of compression to improve performance, reduce fatigue and muscle pain.
- Premium construction, durable using neoprene, and nylon
- Foam padding on the interior and two adjustable Velcro straps
- One size fits all and can be used for other sports than tennis as well
- Helps with recovery, reduces pain and reduces muscle fatigue
Things to keep in mind when looking for a tennis elbow brace
Tennis elbow braces are very easy to find and there is nothing complicated about them. In fact, it is difficult to go wrong with a model as long as it is not the cheapest one. Very poor quality braces are actually uncomfortable to wear due to the stitching as they tend to scratch the skin especially when they are tightened down.
There are still a few variations in terms of models and what makes some different than others but for the most part they are quite similar. Here are some things to keep an eye out for when looking at tennis elbow braces:
- Adjustability: An elbow brace usually has a strap but others have two as they are basically made out of two parts. Both types are adjustable but the ones with two Velcro straps are usually larger.
- Comfort: Some braces can be extremely uncomfortable to wear. Usually, the cheapest ones are the worst. The most comfortable ones are the braces that have foam padding on the inside.
- Size: Because they are adjustable, braces do not need to come in multiple sizes. However, it is important to keep in mind that some braces do come in different sizes. This may prove to be useful for the ones that have thick arms.
The vast majority of tennis elbow braces look identical. There are some minor variations in terms of design or branding. Pricing is also a bit loose but for the most part, they are quite affordable and all tennis players should have braces.
Tennis braces can help improve performance and reduce fatigue and pain. All the models on our list are great and it is important to note that they can be used for other sports as well. What matters the most is for the brace to sit properly in place, not slip and feel comfortable. If it is made well enough, it becomes almost unnoticeable.