If you’re like most people, you spend a lot of time with your hands on the steering wheel of your car. For that reason, it is essential to do everything you can to make sure that it’s as comfortable as possible to hold onto – and one of the best ways to do that is to get a steering wheel cover for your car.
No matter what your personal preferences are, there is a steering wheel cover out there to suit your needs. We’ve taken the time to review some so you don’t have to do the legwork – but before we reveal our top picks, let’s review some of the most important features and characteristics to keep in mind as you shop for a steering wheel cover.
What to Look for in a Steering Wheel Cover
What should you look for in a new steering wheel cover? Here are some guidelines to help you out.
- The first issue, and in many ways the most important, is the size of your steering wheel. Many models are made for specific cars, but if you’re searching by size then you should measure your steering wheel from the outside rim of the wheel for the best results. You should also measure the circumference of the grip.
- The next consideration is the material the steering wheel cover is made of. Many of the most popular options are made of leather. Leather provides a good grip, but it also requires regular maintenance as exposure to extreme temperatures can cause it to become brittle and crack. Covers also come in rubber, cloth, sheepskin, and even wood for a classic car look.
- You should definitely keep the grip of your steering wheel cover in mind. You don’t want to get something that makes it hard for you to grip the steering wheel properly, so pay attention to what the cover is made of and how it grips before making a choice.
- Aesthetics matter too, since the steering wheel cover you choose is likely to be with you for a long time. Choose a wheel that looks good and complements the interior of your car.
- Extra features may matter to you – for example, if you live in a cold climate you may want to invest in a steering wheel cover that’s heated. Some models plug into the cigarette lighter to keep your hands toasty warm in the winter.
- Finally, you’ll need to think about how much money you want to spend on your new steering wheel cover. Some covers are quite inexpensive while others are pricy. It’s a good idea to have a budget in mind before you shop.
Best Steering Wheel Covers in 2019
Now that you know some of the most important features to consider before buying a steering wheel cover for your car, here are our picks for the top 10 best steering wheel covers for 2018.
Last update on 2019-12-11 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. Bell Automotive 22-1-53212-1 Universal Baja Blanket Steering Wheel Cover
The first pick on our list is the Bell Automotive 22-1-53212-1 Universal Baja Blanket Steering Wheel Cover. Here are a few of the main reasons we chose it:
- Fits most standard car wheels.
- Has a cool, retro look with a modern feel, and it can add a splash of color to the interior of your car.
- No slip material doesn’t retain heat and protects your hands from the cold.
There are a few potential caveats to keep in mind. For example:
- May be too big for the steering wheels of some compact cars.
- When it’s out of the package, the cover has a strange smell – but don’t worry, it’s machine washable!
- The cover may pill with prolonged use.
On the whole, we love this steering wheel cover for its cute design and affordable price.
9. Black Steering Wheel Cover
The #9 pick on our list is the Black Steering Wheel Cover from Everything Automobiles. We like this cover for several reasons:
- This soft, padded cover feels great on your hands.
- It fits any steering wheel with a diameter between 14.5” and 15.5”
- Sturdy construction lasts a long time.
There are a few things we think could be better about this steering wheel cover:
- Provides a very snug fit which may make it difficult to get on the steering wheel.
- Billed as “odor free” but comes with a very strong air freshener.
- The coating may start to flake off the product after you have used it for a while.
We like this cover for its sleek appearance and padding.
8. Black Universal Steering Wheel Cover Deluxe
Coming in at #8 on our list is the Black Universal Steering Wheel Cover Deluxe from Aotomio. Here’s why we picked it:
- Fits most mid-sized steering wheels (approximately 15 inches in diameter).
- Nice-looking black and wood grain design looks great on any car.
- Sleek cover hugs the steering wheel without adding bulk.
Here are a few things we think could be better about this cover:
- No instructions are included, so it may take some trial and error to get it on.
- The color may fade with exposure to the sun.
- Because it has a snug fit, it’s important to measure your steering wheel before buying.
If you want an attractive and affordable steering wheel cover for your car, we recommend this one.
7. Bell Automotive 22-1-97006-9 Universal Deluxe Burl Wood Hyper-Flex Core Steering Wheel Cover
Our next pick is the Bell Automotive Universal Deluxe Burl Wood Hyper-Flex Core Steering Wheel Cover. Here are some of the reasons we picked it:
- Ultra-flexible material fits most standard steering wheels.
- Synthetic cover has the look and feel of leather.
- Affordable price means you can get one for all of your vehicles.
There are a few things we think could be better about this steering wheel cover. For example:
- It is a tight fit and requires some coaxing to get onto the steering wheel.
- This is not an idea cover if you live in a very hot climate as it may shrink.
- There are more durable options available on the market.
We like this model for its attractive appearance and affordable price.
6. CAR PASS Delray Lace and Spacer Mesh Steering Wheel Cover
The #6 pick on our list is the CAR PASS Delray Lace and Spacer Mesh Steering Wheel Cover. Here are some of the reasons that we chose it:
- Breathable mesh keeps your hands protected from both hot and cold.
- The elegant design, which includes lace inserts, is perfect if you want to give your car a feminine touch – and it comes in a variety of colors.
- Fits all standard steering wheels between 14.5” and 15.5”
There are a few things we think could be improved with this cover:
- The lace part of the cover is a little scratchy and not as comfortable as the rest of the cover.
- The feminine design may not be for everybody.
- This cover is tricky to get on and requires some stretching.
On the whole, we love this cover for its pretty design and close fit.
5. cutequeen trading Sheepskin Stretch-On Steering Wheel Cover
Coming in at the #5 spot on our list is the cutequeen trading Sheepskin Stretch-On Steering Wheel Cover. Here are some of the reasons we chose it:
- The massage fit keeps your hands comfortable at all times.
- Fits most standard steering wheels.
- Protects hands from both hot and cold temperatures.
There are a few potential negatives to consider here:
- Measure your steering wheel before buying – this will not fit large steering wheels.
- The seam around the edge is rough.
- The product is bulkier than it appears in the photographs.
We like this product for its soft feel and cool look.
4. Moyishi Top Leather Steering Wheel Cover Universal Fit Soft Breathable Steering Wheel Wrap
Coming in at the #4 spot on our list is the Moyishi Top Leather Steering Wheel Cover Universal Fit Soft Breathable Steering Wheel Wrap. Here are some of the reasons we chose it:
- PVC leather gives this product a very cool and modern look.
- This cover fits most standard steering wheels between 14.5” and 15.25”.
- Durable cover lasts a long time, making it a smart choice.
There are a few things we think could be better about this particular steering wheel cover:
- It is one of the pricier models on our list – although we think its durability makes up for that.
- This cover is a bit bulky and may not be comfortable for people with small hands.
- This cover does not fit large steering wheels.
All in all, we like this cover for its attractive appearance and durability.
3. Rueesh Steering Wheel Cover
The #3 pick on our list is the Rueesh Steering Wheel Cover. This is a cover we like for a variety of reasons, including:
- Heavy-duty, genuine leather cover is built for durability.
- The 15” cover fits 90% of standard cars – but measure first to make sure.
- This cover comes with a 24-month hassle free return or replacement guarantee.
There are a few potential negatives to keep in mind before buying:
- This cover will not fit very large steering wheels.
- You may need to heat the cover to get it to stretch enough to fit your steering wheel.
- This is a heavy cover and may be too bulky for people with small hands.
We like this cover for its durability and solidi construction – and for the replacement guarantee.
2. U&M Warm Winter Wool Sheepskin Stretch-on Vehicle Steering Wheel Cover
The #2 pick on our list is the U&M Warm Winter Wool Sheepskin Stretch-on Vehicle Steering Wheel Cover. Here are a few of the reasons that we chose it:
- This cover is made of high-density sheepskin wool for a soft and luxurious feel.
- This cover fits most standard steering wheels.
- Comes in an array of 22 colors so you can add a splash of brightness to the interior of your car.
Of course, there are a few potential negatives to consider here:
- Some people may not like the plush feel of this cover.
- Many of the colors have a feminine flair, so men may not like this cover.
- The colors may not be as bright as they appear in the photographs.
On the whole, we love this cover because of its fun appearance and the soft feel of the wool.
1. Lemonbest C0196 Universal Car Steering Wheel Stitch On Wrap Cover
Finally, the #1 pick on our list is the Lemonbest C0196 Universal Car Steering Wheel Stitch On Wrap Cover. There are a lot of reasons that we love this particular cover, but here are a few of the most important:
- Cover has a flexible, breathable, anti-sweat finish for a comfortable grip at all times.
- Fits almost all standard steering wheels.
- Made of soft, durable material to withstand wear and tear.
While we like most things about this cover, there are a few things to keep in mind before buying:
- This cover is not made of real leather, so if that’s important to you, you may want to choose a different product.
- There are no installation instructions included with this product.
- This product adds some bulk to the steering wheel, which may not be ideal for some drivers.
This product offers a lot of value for a very affordable price, and that’s why it’s the number one pick on our list.
You spend a lot of time in your car, and it’s important to choose a steering wheel cover that suits you. The 10 items on this list include something for every car and taste – including a variety of price points to fit every budget.