Top 10 Best Solar Flood Lights in 2023
Everyone that has a home and a yard tends to invest a bit of time and money to take care of their small corner of heaven. Even if it is just a simple yard with just grass and nothing else, there are still some things to do and items to buy. One of the essential items that most homeowners will get is the illumination for the yard. Floodlights are a good option and as simple as that might seem, it can get better. Usually, floodlights need to be powered using a power cord. This can be difficult as the cable might get in the way and it limits the options in terms of placement for the floodlights.
The best alternative to regular flood lights is to get solar-powered ones. Unlike the regular floodlights, these ones are powered by batteries that are charged during the day by the solar cell. Some of the more advanced models have light sensors that can be set to keep the lights off during the day and allow the batteries to charge. There are various designs and types to choose from but the diversity is much more limited when compared to regular floodlights. Solar-powered ones are more of a niche product and it will take some time before they become popular. So far, the biggest praise is the fact that they are mobile, very easy to place pretty much anywhere around the yard and they are not that expensive.
Best Solar Flood Lights in 2023
Today, we will have a quick look at the most popular solar flood lights currently available on the market that work well and do not cost a fortune. With these things said, let’s jump right into our list of the top 10 best solar flood lights in 2023.
10. DINHAND Solar Lights Outdoor
Check price on Amazon The Dinhand solar powered floodlight is a great pick for the ones that need something simple and very easy to install. Also, it is not that expensive. The system is a bit different from a regular floodlight. It basically comes with a large solar panel and the light attached right beneath it. The model was made to be attached to walls or pillars and uses 54 LED lights which provide a luminosity of 400 lumens. Also, the floodlight has a light sensor that turns it on during the night and off during the day.
- Very easy to setup
- Automatic on/off light sensor
- Battery pack is quite small
9. RuggedGrade High Power Solar Flood Light
RuggedGrade makes an interesting solar powered flood light that offers both functionality and high quality in a simple package. The floodlight uses LEDs and a brightness of 1,000 lumens. It is very easy to set up as the solar cell can be installed individually while the floodlight can be placed somewhere else, only to be connected with a wire. The floodlight uses a large 8000 mAh battery pack and it automatically turns off the lights during the day and powers them up during the night.
- Independent solar cell
- Large battery pack
- Waterproof construction
- Motion sensor does not work great
8. MicroSolar Natural White Solar Flood Light
The MicroSolar natural white solar flood light offers great value for money. It comes with a simple kit with two individual pieces. It has a simple 64 LED floodlight and a separate 3-watt solar panel. The model is capable of an output of 180 lumens and comes with a built-in battery pack which ensures it will provide illumination for about 8 to 10 hours. The solar cell needs to be connected to the floodlight using a cable that is included in the kit.
- Large battery pack
- Day/night automatic sensor
- Not very bright
7. MicroSolar 120 Lumen Solar Flood Light
MicroSolar makes several different models of solar flood light kits. The 120 lumens kit is not their most powerful one but it is decent for the price. It uses an array of 64 LED lights and a solar cell that can be installed independently. The floodlight has a built-in battery that can store energy during the day. A full charge is enough to power the floodlight for up to 10 hours. It also has a light sensor that turns off the floodlight during the day. The solar cell is an IP65 3-watt panel and it is connected with a simple wire to the floodlight.
- Easy to setup
- Large 4000 mAh battery inside
- Not very bright
6. Opernee Solar Flood Light
Opernee solar flood light offers great value for money. It is a compact model that was made to be very easy to install. Instead of being made out of two units, the floodlight, and the solar cell, the model has everything built-in the same body. It has a 400 lumen LED array that can have its position adjusted and a large battery pack to power it. On a full charge, the floodlight can stay on for up to 9 hours. To optimize charging, the floodlight uses a sensor to automatically switch off during the day.
- All-in-one design, easy to install
- 400-lumen luminosity
- Orientation of the panel is not designed properly
5. Maxsa Solar Powered Yard Flood Light
Maxsa solar powered flood light has a very simple design and a great build quality. It is a single unit that has both the solar cell and the floodlight in the same body. The product was made to be mounted on a wall. Also, it is quite bright and surprisingly, it can run for up to 10 hours on a full charge due to the battery pack used. The model was made to require no wiring at all. Also, it is quite resilient to low temperatures, rain, and intense heat.
- No wiring necessary
- 10-hour runtime on a full charge
- Durable construction works in difficult weather conditions
- Solar panel is placed poorly
4. DrawGreen Solar Lights For Outdoors
DrawGreen solar floodlight is a great option for the ones that do not want to spend a lot of money. It is a simple floodlight that can be mounted on a wall. It uses very bright LED lights capable of an output of 1400 lumens. This makes it one of the brightest models on our list. It also uses a decent battery pack that can power it for about 8 hours. The solar cell is placed right above the light and can have its position adjusted. Because of its design, the floodlight does not require any kind of wiring.
- No wiring necessary
- Solar panel can be adjusted
- Very bright, 1400 lumens
- Small battery pack
3. Robust Solar 80 LED Outdoor Solar Motion Light
Robust Solar motion light is basically a solar floodlight. Unlike other models on our list, the Robust has a different setup. It is made out of a solar cell and the floodlight that is wired together. This means that it is much easier to adjust the solar panel towards the sun. The floodlight is powered by a lithium battery while the floodlight itself works only during the night and only when the motion sensor is triggered.
- Flood light and solar panel are independent
- Very inexpensive
- Motion sensor
- No option to keep the light on continuously
2. Urpower Solar Flood Light
The Urpower solar floodlight is one of the most popular models available and for a rather obvious reason. It is extremely cheap and it gets the job done. It is basically a kit made of two individual floodlights with their own solar panel and built-in batteries. Each floodlight has an output of 200 lumens which is quite decent. The battery pack is also decent enough as it can keep the lights on for up to 9 hours if fully charged.
- Light sensor
- 200 lumens for each flood light
- Very basic and simple setup
- Light is very concentrated in a small area
1. Urpower Solar Flood Light Kit
The Urpower solar flood light kit is surprisingly affordable and offers excellent illumination. Even if it has all plastic construction, each light was designed to survive in any kind of weather condition. They have a built-in solar cell at the top while the LED array is placed facing down. Due to their design, the lights are meant to be mounted on a wall or pillar. The built-in batteries offer enough power to keep the light on for an entire night while the solar cell is able to charge them relatively fast.
- Comes with a kit of 4
- Extremely affordable
- Automatic on/off light sensor
- Construction makes them feel a bit cheap
Which Solar Flood Light Is Worth Spending Money On?
- Solar powered flood lights are a relatively new thing. As prices for solar panels dropped, we have seen an increasing number of products make use of them. For flood lights, things are a bit different. The main thing to take into account is power consumption and batteries because solar panels only collect energy during the day. Here are some important aspects to take note of.
- Luminosity: Depending on the number and power of LEDs used, the luminosity of each model in our list can vary. The more powerful the flood light is, the more power it will need. It needs to be a balance between the two.
- Battery pack: The battery pack is quite important. It needs to be large enough to offer at least 8 hours of run time for the lamp. If the battery pack is too large for the solar cell, the solar cell will not be able to fully charge during the day.
- Two piece kit or a single unit: Some solar powered flood lights come as a one-in-all product. The solar panel is built into the body of the flood light. While that eliminates wiring, there is limited maneuverability when it comes to adjusting the panel properly to get enough sunlight. Two-piece kits have the solar panel completely separated and have wiring to connect them to the flood light.