Top 10 Best Scuba Masks in 2023
Scuba diving is now one of the most popular activities for the adventurous that love nature. This underwater diving activity is a great way to explore amazing places and it does not take much to get started. It is a rather simple hobby but for the ones that are a bit afraid to get started on their own, there are scuba diving lessons available.
In terms of gear, not much is needed. A scuba mask should be the first thing on the list. There are several different classifications for scuba diving depending on the equipment used. There is an open circuit, closed circuit, rebreathers and the popular type of scuba diving using a small mask and a snorkel used to get air from the surface. Today we will have a look at scuba masks that use a snorkel. These masks are great for dives that do not go more than a few feet under the water. They are inexpensive and very straight forward. We selected several different types of scuba masks and it is important to avoid the cheapest models as they might have manufacturing defects, feel uncomfortable or they might not fit properly.
Best Scuba Masks in 2023
We selected models that are actually worth spending money on. With these things in mind, here are the top 10 best scuba masks in 2023.
10. SeaTouch Premium Quality Snorkel Mask
SeaTouch snorkel mask is being advertised as a premium product. To a certain degree, it is since it is quite expensive. This does reflect into good build quality and a premium feel. The ones that do not mind spending a bit extra will surely appreciate the mask. It is made out of durable materials and offers a panoramic view with its large lens.
- Dedicated Go Pro camera mount
- Large panoramic view with the one piece visor
- Very comfortable fit
- Breathing tube is very short
9. Speedo Junior Recreation Dive Mask
The Speedo Junior dive mask is a good pick for parents that need something cheap but decent for their youngsters. It is a simple mask with a silicone skirt that improves comfort and a secure adjustable strap. Their lenses offer decent visibility as they are made from a clear polycarbonate that also ensures durability. An interesting feature is the anti-fog coating on the lens.
- Very inexpensive
- Durable build quality with polycarbonate lens
- Comfortable silicone skirt
- Adjustable strap
- The strap does not stretch
8. Ocean Reef Aria Full Face Snorkel Mask
Ocean Reef Aria full face snorkel mask is an interesting product for one reason alone. It seems like the price jumps all over the place depending on the color of the model. Some colors are very affordable while others are overpriced. The build quality is great and offers an 180-degree viewing angle. It features a breathing tube and is has a silicone skirt that improves comfort.
- Adjustable strap and comfortable fit due to the silicone skirt
- Multiple sizes available
- 180 degrees viewing angles
- Ridiculous pricing for some colors
7. Octomask GoPro Hero5 and Session Dive Mask
Octomask dive mask is a great product that might be a bit overpriced but it is worth the spend since there are not that many models that have GoPro mounting support. Build quality makes it feel like a premium price with no sharp unfinished edges. The viewing lens are quite big but they do not offer lateral viewing angles.
- Comfortable fit with an adjustable strap
- Large polycarbonate lens
- GoPro mount built-in
- Price tag is a bit steep
6. U.S. Divers Icon Mask and Airent Snorkel
The U.S. Divers Icon is a classic mask that everyone should be familiar with. There is nothing fancy about it just the fact that it is simple and it is cheap. It comes in the form of a kit that includes the googles and a snorkel. The tube is fairly wide and has an unobstructed breathing. The googles feature an adjustable strap and a silicone skirt to increase comfort and prevent water infiltration.
- Adjustable strap
- Silicone skirt for added comfort
- Bonus breathing snorkel
- Not very comfortable for the nose
5. Vaincre 180°Full Face Snorkel Mask
Vaincre full face snorkel mask offers great value for the money. It is not cheap but it is also not expensive. It has a decent build quality with soft silicone around the edges and a wide viewing angle due to the extended lens that reaches the sides. It is made using polycarbonate that ensures durability. The snorkel tube offers the freedom of breathing without having to be concerned about keeping it attached to the mask.
- Comfortable fit with silicone around the edges
- Wide viewing angle lens
- Integrated snorkel
- Has issues with fog on the lens
4. Phantom Aquatics Velocity Scuba Snorkeling Mask Snorkel Set
The Phantom Aquatics Velocity scuba mask set is a great kit for beginners especially since it is quite cheap. It includes the mask and a detachable snorkel. Unlike other models, the area that covers the nose is soft and does not feel uncomfortable. The snorkel can be attached to the mask while the lens provides a decent viewing angle.
- Adjustable strap made out of a flexible material
- Silicone skirts for added comfort
- Clear lens with good viewing angle
- No float or system for the snorkel to prevent water infiltration
3. Octobermoon Original Second Gerneration 180°view Panoramic full face Snorkel Mask
October moon Panoramic full face snorkel mask is one of the more clever designed masks in our list. It has an advanced system that prevents fogging of the lens and a very secure fit with an extended soft skirt. The viewing angle is 180 degrees which are more than enough while the integrated snorkel prevents water infiltration even when submerged.
- Soft skirt that makes it fit any facial shape
- Anti-leak snorkel design
- Anti-fogging system for the visor
- Gets warm inside
2. Cressi Panoramic Wide View Mask Dry Snorkel Set
Cressi Panoramic snorkel set is an interesting pick for the ones that want a wider viewing angle. It has a continuous lens that bends around the edges which do give extra vision. The mask comes with a complimentary snorkel that can be detached. To ensure that it does not cause discomfort, the mask has been fitted with a silicone skirt around the edges and around the nose area.
- Silicone skirt on the edges and nose
- Durable extended lens for better viewing angles
- Comfortable fit
- Anti-fog system that actually works
- Sizes are a bit off and the mask is not very versatile
1. Cressi Scuba Diving Snorkeling Freediving Mask Snorkel Set
The Cressi scuba diving snorkeling set is by far the most popular pick on our list. It is a simple kit made out of a mask and a snorkel that can be detached. One of the most notable aspects of the mask is the comfortable fit it offers. The mask has a larger than usual silicone skirt that goes all around the mask including the nose area. Its snorkel features a dry top system that prevents water entry when going under while the lens is very large and offers good visibility.
- Good visibility despite not have the lens extended to the sides
- Snorkel with water infiltration prevention system
- Comfortable fit
- Some fogging issues with the mask
Which Diving Mask Or Set To Choose?
The very first thing that needs to be clear is what to choose. There are simple masks and there are kits that are smaller and have a removable snorkel. The quality between them is not that different with some models feeling more comfortable than others. Here are the main things to look for.
- Full face mask or a set? Usually, a full face mask has a snorkel that is built into the mask. It offers better visibility and it is a bit more comfortable but it gets hot inside. Regular diving goggles do not have this issue.
- Comfort. Comfort is important. If the skirt is not properly built, the mask may be almost unwearable. This happens mostly with goggles that have a rigid skirt around the nose area.
- Water infiltration prevention. The mask needs to be properly sealed and while most of them do not have any issues there are some that have a poorly designed snorkel. A good snorkel should be designed to prevent water infiltration even when completely submerged.