Top 10 Best School Bags for College and High School Students in 2023
A lot of people do not put much thought into it buying a school bag. They just get the fist thing they find in a brick-and-mortar shop that looks half-decent. The problem is that brick-and-mortar shops sell a thing for a much higher price. For the same money, a much better backpack can be found on the website of an online retailer.
The functional purpose of a school bag must not be disregarded. We are talking about decent storage space, good functionality and it must be robust at the same time. Something labeled as a laptop backpack will not do. They have a different interior compartmentation and they do not offer all that much storage space. It is always better to just go for something that is specifically advertised as a school backpack. For this reason, we went ahead and trimmed down the options a bit. We were able to select 10 different school bags that should serve well as a college or high-school student. Not only that they severe a functional purpose, but it is also safe to assume that the models that made it into our list look good and stylish as well.
Best School Bags for College and High School Students in 2023
In the end, it is a personal choice regarding what school bag to buy but we hope that our list helps narrow down the search. With these things in mind here is our list of the top 10 best school bags for college and high school students in 2023.
10. Rbenxia Canvas Backpack School Bag
Rbenxia Canvas backpack is a very versatile pick. It can be used as a school backpack but it can serve as a laptop bag or even a travel bag. The model is quite spacious and well made. Surprisingly it is quite cheap but it does have some flaws. Compartmentation is good and it has a youthful look which makes it more appropriate for girls rather than boys who would enjoy something with a sportier look.
- Decent storage space
- Durable canvas fabric
- Shoulder strap leather peels off
- Fabric used is not of decent quality
9. Eshops School Backpacks for Boys Bookbag for Kids Student Backpack
Eshops is more of a generic brand that deals with many different types of products. Their student backpack aims at being a product designed for kids and young adults. The model is fairly decent made using a dacron fabric that is known to be extremely resilient. Its internal compartmentation makes it suitable for school while the padded shoulder straps make it easy to carry even when it is fully loaded.
- Durable dacron construction
- Padded shoulder straps
- Plenty of internal storage space
- Poor quality zippers
- Heavier than regular backpacks
8. MGgear Student School Bookbag
MGear student school bookbag is more of a unisex model that offers a functional storage space distribution. The design is not appealing in a particular way and it does not stand out but it is decent. In terms of construction, it feels like a reliable backpack that can carry a decent amount of weight. As for the pricing, the backpack is quite affordable.
- Multiple colors to choose from
- Zippered pockets and water bottle mesh compartment
- Hidden rain flip
- Presentation colors are not the same in reality
- Zippers feel flimsy
7. Bolang Water Resistant Nylon School Bag
According to Bolang their Nylon School bag is a water, resistant model. As a backpack, this is one of the most useful features but this comes with a cost. The backpack is considered expensive especially since there are so many cheap alternatives. On the other hand, the higher price tag is also reflecting in the quality of the backpack which is visibly better.
- Premium build quality
- High-quality zippers
- Well placed pockets and side water bottle holder
- Wide range of colors available
- Water resistant but not when it is a heavy summer rain
- Shoulder strap padding is not thick enough
6. Vbiger School Backpack
Vbiger might not be a brand with which many are familiar with but that does not mean it should be disregarded. They make a rather decent backpack for school that comes with a modest price tag. It is made out of nylon which means it is resilient and can keep water outside. The model is suitable for boys and girls and can be found in a wide range of colors and patterns.
- Large enough for school, fit a laptop or even for traveling
- Durable nylon construction
- Large selection of patterns and colors
- The patterns make it look a bit cheap
- A but too bulky for a school backpack
5. Jansport T501 Superbreak Backpack
Jansport is a recognizable brand for their sports products. The Superbreak backpack is a unisex model that will prove to be an excellent choice for a student. It will not be all that great for traveling or even carrying a laptop but for a regular day at school, it works quite well. The model can be found in a wide range of patterns or colors but it features a rather unisex design.
- Modest price tag
- Huge selection of colors and patterns to choose from
- Made out of polyester for added resistance to wear and tear
- Smaller than what pictures would show
- Colors are lighter in reality
4. High Sierra Swerve Backpack
High Sierra does not have a lot of backpacks that are suitable for school or college but some of them work. The Swerve backpack has enough storage space and it is convenient enough to serve as a multipurpose bag for a student. It offers plenty of storage space with good compartmentation and a durable construction using a special fabric called a denier.
- Good compartmentation
- Durable construction using denier durability
- Padded interior that can hold a laptop
- The quality of the fabric has decreased over the years
- Shoulder straps too close to each other
3. AmazonBasics Classic Backpack
AmazonBasics offers a wide range of products. Their classic backpack is a simple model that comes with a very modest price tag. It was designed as a general purpose backpack but it can be a great pick for school or college. The model is also surprisingly lightweight but very sturdy. It is made out of a tear resistant material and it can be considered waterproof as long as it is not exposed to heavy rain.
- Very modest price tag
- Durable and tear resistant
- Quite spacious and can hold a 15-inch laptop
- Feels a bit basic
- Walls are very thin
2. JanSport Big Student Backpack
The ones that need a lot of storage space will need to consider the JanSport Big Student backpack. It is a large backpack that can be used for school, college, traveling and even hiking. It has a durable construction and separated compartments. The model is not very expensive and it is very comfortable to wear. Also, it has a padded inner wall that can protect electronics such as a laptop.
- Quite lightweight for its size
- Padded interior walls
- Multiple exterior pockets
- 600 Denier poly construction for added resistance
- Stitching on the shoulder strap is not great
1. High Sierra Loop Backpack
High Sierra Loop backpack is an affordable multi-purpose backpack that comes with a modest price tag and a great design. Compartmentation allows for a lot of items to be packed with its 4 main compartments and 6 side pockets. The model is made entirely out of polyester for added resilience against wear and tear while the zippers are of premium quality.
- Durable construction entirely out of polyester
- 6 exterior pockets
- High-quality zippers
- Lightweight design
- Affordable price tag
- A bit too big for school
What Backpack To Choose For School?
Not everyone uses the backpack for the same things at school. Students that are part of a sports team might want to carry their equipment while others only need textbooks. There are plenty of different models to choose and it is important to get something that is both functional and looks decent because kids and teenagers care a lot about appearances.
- Design: The design is important for teenagers, no matter how good a backpack is, even if it is premium, if it does not have a modern and appealing design, they will not like it.
- Storage space: The size of the backpack can vary but it needs to be large enough to suit the needs of the person that will use it.
- Laptop compartment: In some cases, especially college students like to carry a laptop with them. Not all backpacks have a laptop compartment or are big enough to carry one. A school bag that can carry a laptop should have a padded interior.
- Color variations: Sometimes, a model might be looking great but the colors picked are not that great. For this reason, most manufacturers offer the same model in multiple different colors and patterns to choose from.
This is list is very helpful! Thank you! It’s always a great idea to purchase good quality bags!