Truth told, fitness is one of the biggest problems of the current generation. We barely exercise and for some reason, a lot of people find it difficult to go to the gym. They might not happy about the way they look and feel that they might be judged by the ones that are fit. There are plenty of reasons but there are simple solutions to start working out.
It is possible to become fit even without leaving the house. There are several fitness items that can be used at home and can have a big impact. A pull-up bar can be a good starting point. These simple devices can be installed onto a wall or on a door and take very little storage space. The benefit they offer is that they help work on the upper body but mostly on the arms and shoulders. We picked about 10 different pull up bars that will prove to be more than useful for someone just starting to work out. Here is our list of the top 1 best pull up bars.
Best Pull Up Bars in 2018
|Ultimate Body Press XL Doorway Pull Up Bar with Elevated Bar & Adjustable Width|
|Buy on Amazon|
|Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Doorway Pull Up Bar and Portable Gym System, Pro|
|Buy on Amazon|
|AmazonBasics Pull Up and Upper Body Workout Bar||N/A||Buy on Amazon|
|Sagler Pull up bar Doorway Heavy Duty Chin up bar Trainer for Home Gym Doorway Pull up bar or dip bar|
|Buy on Amazon|
|Garren Fitness Maximiza Pull Up Bar - Locking Doorway Pullup Bar/Chin up Bar with 3 Sets of Screw-in Door-Mounts (2 Heavy-Duty and 1 Medium-Duty Sets), 26 to 39 Inches Adjustable Width||N/A||Buy on Amazon|
|Pure Fitness Multi-Purpose Doorway Pull-Up Bar|
$17.29Save 42% ($12.70)
|Buy on Amazon|
|Stamina Door Gyms|
$23.99Save 11% ($3.07)
|Buy on Amazon|
|Sunny Health & Fitness Door Way Chin Up and Pull Up Bar||N/A||Buy on Amazon|
|ProSource Multi-Grip Chin-Up/Pull-Up Bar, Heavy Duty Doorway Trainer for Home Gym|
$26.32Save 12% ($3.67)
|Buy on Amazon|
|Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar|
|Buy on Amazon|
Table of Contents
- 10. Ultimate Body Press XL Doorway Pull Up Bar
- 9. Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Doorway Pull Up Bar
- 8. AmazonBasics Pull Up and Upper Body Workout Bar
- 7. Sagler Doorway Pull Up Bar
- 6. Garren Fitness Maximiza Pull Up Bar
- 5. Pure Fitness Weight Training Doorway Pull Up Bar
- 4. Stamina Doorway Trainer Plus Pull Up Bar
- 3. Sunny Health & Fitness Doorway Chin Up Pull Up Bar
- 2. ProSource Multi-Grip Chin-Up/Pull-Up Bar
- 1. Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar
- Things to keep in mind when looking for the best pull up bars
10. Ultimate Body Press XL Doorway Pull Up Bar
The Ultimate Body Press XL doorway pull up bar is a great piece of equipment that can be used for several different types of exercises. The bar can be used for chest, arms and back exercises such as pull-ups, body weight rows, push-ups and even dips.
According to the manufacturers, the pull-up bar can support a user weight of up to 300 pounds. It can be expanded so that it can fit most residential doorways, going from 24 inches and all the way up to 36 inches wide.
Since it can be used for multiple exercises, most parts that the user holds are covered with soft foam padding. The bar itself is quite lightweight and it is very easy to install. At the same time, it sits securely in place and will not slip.
- Supports a user weight of up to 300 pounds
- Very easy to install
- Can be used for push-ups and body weight training
- Expandable bar from 24 to 36 inches
9. Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Doorway Pull Up Bar
Perfect Fitness calls their pull up bar a portable gym. The reason behind that is because it can be used in many ways and for a lot of different exercises such as pull-ups, pushups dips and sit-ups.
The pull up bar is made from a lightweight aluminum frame. It is very easy to adjust and because it can be extended, it should fit on most doors. It extends to a maximum of 33 inches in width and it is 6 inches deep.
One thing that should not be overlooked about the Perfect Fitness pull up bar is their door frame guard. The system prevents the bar from slipping and offers a much more secure grip. Also, the bar has soft foam padding and hand guards for pull ups.
- Can be used for a wide range of exercises
- Supports a maximum load of 300 pounds
- Patented door frame guard
- Fits doors no wider than 33 inches
8. AmazonBasics Pull Up and Upper Body Workout Bar
AmazonBasics pull up bar is a great option for the ones that are looking for something inexpensive and easy to work with. It is a great product for beginners that is easy to setup and can be used for multiple types of exercises.
Setting up the pull up bar takes just a couple of minutes. It is very easy to assemble and has a very sturdy design. The pull up bar uses leverage and no screws to stay in place and can sustain a maximum load of 300 lbs.
Like most other pull up bars, it has foam padding to make it less stressful for the hands. The bar will fit most doorframes that are between 24 and 32 inches wide. It can be used for pushups, pull-ups, chin-ups, crunches and several other exercises.
- Easy to setup and use
- Inexpensive but sturdy construction
- Can be used for a wide range of exercises
- Fits most doorframes with a width between 24 and 32 inches
7. Sagler Doorway Pull Up Bar
Sagler doorway pull up bar is a great option for the ones that have a limited budget. It is inexpensive and quite practical. The pull up bar is quite lightweight and will fit most standard doorways, having a very simple leverage system that keeps it secure in place.
The pull up bar can be used for several different exercises such as pull ups, pushups, dips, crunches, chin-ups and several others. It is very easy to use and offers excellent grip positions.
To make it even more convenient and comfortable to use, most gripping points have a soft foam padding. It works on doorways that are up to 32 inches wide and supports loads of up to 300 pounds.
- Supports loads of up to 300 pounds
- Works with most doorways of up to 32 inches wide
- Can be used for several different types of exercises
- Soft foam padded grip handles
6. Garren Fitness Maximiza Pull Up Bar
Garren Fitness Maximiza pull up bar is one of the more practical products in our list as it does not come with all sorts of gimmicks or features. It is a straight forward pull up bar that needs to be screwed into door brackets.
As this is a straight forward pull up bar, the product was designed to be as reliable as possible. It can hold loads of up to 300 lbs. as long as it is installed correctly. For this, it comes with 3 different sets of door mounts.
Across the entire pull up bar, soft foam padding has been added that provides better grip and comfort. Taking the bar down is even easier than the installation and can work with doorways of up to 36 inches in width.
- Simple screw-in installation system
- Comes with 3 installation mounts
- Supports loads of up to 300 lbs.
- Comfortable hand grips with foam padding
5. Pure Fitness Weight Training Doorway Pull Up Bar
The Pure Fitness weight training pull up bar is a good pick for the ones that are just starting to work out at home. It is a simple doorway bar that is very easy to install and quite reliable. It can sustain a maximum user weight of 250 lbs. and sits properly in place.
The pull up bar should work with most doorways measuring 27 to 32 inches in width. It is designed with thick padding on contact points so that it does not damage the door frame. Also, it has padded grips using a soft foam for improved comfort.
As far as practicality goes, the pull up bar can be used for several types of exercises. It is not that easy to store as a regular pull up bar but it is also not very large. The bar is quite lightweight and very easy to install and remove.
- Supports a maximum user weight of 250 lbs.
- Padded contact points to prevent door frame damage
- Foam padded grips for improved comfort
- Lightweight and easy to install
4. Stamina Doorway Trainer Plus Pull Up Bar
The Stamina Doorway Trainer Plus is a popular pull up bar that does not cost all that much and has a very practical design. It has additional bars on it that allow it to be used to for pull ups, pushups, dips and sit-ups.
Like most other pull up bars, it works with almost all doorways. It does not damage the door frame and sits securely in place. The bar can support a maximum user weight of 250 lbs and has a very simple assembly.
To make it as comfortable and secure as possible, the pull up bar was fitted with soft foam padding on the gripping points. The frame for the pull up bar is made from steel which gives it reliability and rigidity.
- Reliable steel frame
- Supports a maximum load of 250 lbs.
- Multiple gripping points with soft foam padding
- Works with almost all standard doorways
3. Sunny Health & Fitness Doorway Chin Up Pull Up Bar
Sunny Health & Fitness doorway pull up bar is one of the most inexpensive models that was selected for our list. It is a simple pull up bar with a basic design that is meant to be functional and practical.
Because it is a regular pull up bar, it takes very little storage space. Installation is fairly simple as it has an adjustable length and can be bolted into the door frame so that it will not slip off. It does not require any assembly and takes just a couple of minutes to get it ready.
Because it is a regular bar that has to be bolted in, the model only supports a maximum user weight of 220 lbs. It has two soft padded grips to reduce hand fatigue and provides decent slip resistance.
- Easy to install, has to be bolted into the doorway
- Adjustable length
- Lightweight and compact, easy to store
- Supports a maximum user weight of 220 lbs.
2. ProSource Multi-Grip Chin-Up/Pull-Up Bar
ProSource Multi-Grip pull up bar offers great value for money. It is an ideal pick for a beginner as it allows the user to perform multiple types of exercises including pull ups. The pull up bar has additional bars installed which also make it more stable when installed.
Because of its design, the pull up bar does not damage the door frame and does not need to be bolted down. It has anti-slip pads on the area that touches the frame and the whole installation and assembly take only a couple of minutes.
The pull up bar frame is made from steel and it is strong enough to hold up to 300 lbs. It has multiple soft foam pads on the gripping points which reduces hand fatigue. The manufacturers offer a limited lifetime warranty for their pull up bar.
- Slip-in design does not damage the door frame
- Steel construction holds up to 300 lbs.
- Easy to assemble and install
- Soft foam padding to improve grip and comfort
1. Iron Gym Total Upper Body Workout Bar
Iron Gym pull up bar is a great pick for the ones that enjoy working out at home. It is a simple pull up bar that can be installed without being bolted into the door frame or it can be used while placed on the floor.
The pull up bar can be used for pull ups, pushups, dips, chin-ups, crunches and more. The 3 grip positions offer plenty of freedom when it comes to exercises and because they have foam padding, they are comfortable and prevent hand fatigue.
Since it uses leverage instead of bolts, the model is very easy to install. It requires assembly but that takes only a couple of minutes. The steel frame gives it enough rigidity and can support a maximum load of 300 lbs.
- Reliable steel construction
- Supports up to 300 lbs.
- Multiple points with foam padding for a better grip
- Assembly and installation takes just a couple of minutes
Things to keep in mind when looking for the best pull up bars
Getting a pull up bar is probably the most convenient thing to do when starting to work out at home. Some models are more practical than others but it all depends on personal needs and for what the pull up bar will be used as some can be used for other exercises as well.
Since there are several different types of pull up bars, it can be a bit difficult to pick the right model. Some features might prove to be useful for certain people while for others they might not be practical. Here are some important things to keep an eye out for when looking at various types of pull up bars.
- Installation type. Pull up bars can be either bolted into the door frame or they can use leverage. The ones that are bolted into the are much more stable and reliable but the downside is that they are more difficult to take down.
- Regular pull up bar or workout pull up bars. Regular pull up bars is just straight bars. The advantage is that they take very little space and are barely noticeable. Workout bars offer some versatility as they can be taken down easier, are significantly larger but they can be used for different types of exercises.
- Maximum supported load. Usually this is not an issue but it is important to check how much weight can the pull up bar support. They can range from 220 lbs. and all the way up to 350 lbs.
Pull up bars are very convenient fitness pieces of equipment that do not take a lot of space and are very easy to install. Also, they are quite inexpensive which is a major plus. The biggest benefit is that they can be used for a wide range of exercises which benefit the entire upper part of the body.
For a beginner, a pull up bar is something with which you cannot go wrong. There are several different types of pull up bars to choose from and our selection should make it easy for everyone to find something suitable to start working out from the comfort of their home.