Top 10 Best Microfiber Towels For Cars in 2023
It is no secret that men love their cars. A few of them see the car for its utility but for the rest, the car is a token of personal achievement and self-worth. Taking care of the car can turn into a genuine ritual and for a good reason. A car loses value in time and if it is not properly taken care of, value depreciates even faster. The exterior of the car is probably the most important mainly because a complete paint job can be very expensive. A proper care routine can slow down the process of paint deterioration. This means keeping it clean and protecting it from the sun. This can be done in a regular car wash but the best results are achieved when using professional grade car cleaning products and taking care of every single inch of the car.
One thing that most car owners do not think about is the quality of the towels and cleaning cloths used. If the wrong type is used, the paint can get micro-scratches that will become visible in the sun. To avoid unpleasant situations it is better to use a highly absorbent microfiber towel or cleaning cloth. They are very soft and can retain dust particles much better. The good news is that they are quite inexpensive since the raw materials used are very cheap.
Best Microfiber Towels For Cars in 2023
For our list, we selected 10 different microfiber towels of various sizes and different thickness which will help get the car cleaned properly and protect the paint against scratches. Here are the top 10 best microfiber towels for cars in 2023.
10. Autofiber Zeroedge Detailing Towel
Autofiber Zeroedge is a decent manufacturer that offers several different automotive products. Their detailing towel pack is a simple product that was designed with one purpose only. They work best as detailing towels meant to properly clean and maintain the paint of the car. The towels have a decent absorption rate and they are very soft, leaving no smudges or scratches.
- Very soft leaves no smudges
- High quality 360 GSM microfiber fabric
- Scratch free edges with the aid of ultrasonic cut manufacturing process
- Leaves some small traces of fabric the first time they are used
9. Dry Rite Premium Microfiber Cloth
Dry Rite microfiber cloth is actually more of a towel rather than a cloth. It is a pack of 24 small towels of 16 by 16 inches made out of polyester. The towels can be used both wet and dry and can be served for pretty much any purpose. They can be used for detailing, polishing, washing or even removing dirt and dust. The towels can be reused and can be washed.
- Soft fabric, without any hard or sharp edges
- Great value for money
- Can be reused and can be washed
- Gets charged with a lot of static electricity
8. The Rag Company Eagle Edgeless Microfiber Towels
Everyone has a head of the Rag Company. They have a wide range of products and most of them are decent. Their microfiber towels are a bit more expensive but offer excellent results when used for car detailing. They are made out of polyester but they do absorb water quite well. The towels come in a pack of 4 and can be reused.
- Multi-purpose microfiber towels
- Very soft fabric yet very durable
- Machine washer safe
- A bit on the expensive side
7. Griot’s Garage Micro Fiber Speed Shine Cloth
Griot’s Garage microfiber speed shine cloth is a great add-on that should not be missing from any car owners trunk. It is a soft microfiber cloth which looks more like a towel that does not leave any lint and can be used for pretty much anything. It can be used for detailing, removing dust, or just drying off the car. The towels come in small packs of four and measure 15 by 15 inches.
- Great value for the money
- Leaves no lint
- Can be machine washed
- After a few washes, it will leave some lint
6. Griot’s Garage Micro Fiber Drying Towel
Griot’s Garage Microfiber towels are a bit different from the regular towels. They look more like a blanket or piece of cloth but they are just as soft and surprisingly they can absorb a decent amount of water. They are made from a soft polycarbonate material and soft edges. The towels also have pockets which are supposed to make it easier to hold and clean with.
- Sewn-in pockets to make them easier to clean with
- Very soft with soft edges
- Leave no lint on the car
- Considerably more expensive than regular microfiber towels
5. Quickie Microfiber Towel
Quickie Microfiber towels are by far the cheapest in our list. They offer excellent value for money as they come with a low price tag and can be found in packs of 24. Not only that but they are also machine wash safe and are quite soft. The fabric is made out of biconstituent fiber and polyester. Each towel measures about 14 by 14 inches and can absorb a decent amount of water.
- Very cheap
- Comes in packs of 24 towels
- Can be machine washed
- Quite thin. Just a bit thicker than a normal piece of cloth
4. AmazonBasics Thick Microfiber Cleaning Cloths
The AmazonBasics microfiber cleaning cloths are basically thin towels. They are made from a combination of polyester and polyamide and can be reused. The towels come in packs of 3 for a decent price tag. According to the description, they can be washed and used for up to 100 times before becoming unusable. They leave no lint at all and can absorb some water.
- Very soft and non-abrasive
- Machine wash safe lasts for 100 wash cycles
- Large dimensions, 16 by 24 inches
- Very thin for a towel but thicker than regular clothes
3. Chemical Guys Waffle Weave Gray Matter Microfiber Drying Towel
Chemical Guys are probably one of the most popular brands when it comes to products for car maintenance. Since they have their own line of wax they also introduced special microfiber towels. The weave drying towel is very thick meaning that it can absorb a lot of water. It will not be good for detailing but works well for anything else. The fabric is very silky and can be cleaned in a regular washing machine.
- Very thick and comes in large dimensions as well as smaller sizes and multipacks
- Highly absorbent
- Completely scratch free and lint free
- Quite expensive
2. Chemical Guys Professional Grade Premium Microfiber Towel
Chemical Guys Professional grade premium microfiber towel are a good pick for the ones that need something that can do pretty much anything. They are a general purpose product, made out of polyester with silk banded edges and machine wash safe. The towels were made to be long lasting and come with a decent price tag.
- Good value for money
- Generous size of 16 by 24 inches
- Leaves no lint and can absorb a lot of water
- Inconsistent thickness
1. Meguiar’s X2000 Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel
Meguiar X2000 water magnet microfiber towel is one of the best products on our list for several reasons. Despite its size, the towel can absorb a lot of water which is why it is being sold as a drying towel. The price tag is not that high and its size is quite generous. It is available in 22 by 30 inches and in multiple packs.
- Great value for money
- Thick and absorbs a lot of water
- Very soft material that leaves no lint
- Machine wash safe
- Cannot be used for anything else other than drying
Which Microfiber Towel Is Better?
It is difficult to answer the question since there are so many that are either thick, thin, large, small and so on. For our list, we picked a decent selection of microfiber towels but before buying a set it is important to check for a few things in order to avoid having to buy a different set of towels as returning them is not really an option. The shipping cost to return them might prove to be higher than the product price in the first place.
- What size is the car? This is an important thing to ask as just one set might not be enough for an SUV but could be sufficient for a smaller car.
- Thick or thin? Thicker microfiber towels usually serve for drying while the thinner ones absorb less water but can be used for detailing as well.
- Are they reusable? While most microfiber towels are advertised as being reusable and machine washes safe, in reality, that is not always the case. Some towels start leaving a trace of lint behind after a few wash cycles.
Good article filled with allot of good information, keep them coming
Regarding the best Microfiber towel on the Market. #1 Best towel is the Chinchilla Microfiber Towels. Nothing even comes close. They are not cheap, but they last 4 times longer than anything. Very Heavy Plush towels that are just pure quality. The most important thing, is how you wash them, Warm Water and Vinegar, or go out on 3D Autocare Products, and buy there soap. Now if you are not familiar with 3D and there products, well not only are they less expensive, but every single one of three products outperform all the competition. Just check there website. Mj
it is a good article , I can know clearly about the microfiber towels.