Applying makeup is an art form, and all great artists need great tools to help them do their work. If you try to put makeup on in dim or unreliable light, you may end up using too much or too little. The solution is to invest in a lighted vanity makeup mirror to make sure that you get a perfect application of makeup every time.
As you might expect, there are many options to consider when you shop for a vanity mirror. The choices can be difficult to sort through – but don’t worry, we’ve done the majority of the legwork for you. We’ve chosen our ten favorites, but before we reveal them, let’s review some of the key features and options to keep in mind as you make your selection.
What to Look for in a Lighted Vanity Makeup Mirror
What should you look for when you buy a lighted vanity makeup mirror? Here are some of the most important considerations.
- The first and most important thing to consider are the lights. When you’re buying a stand-alone mirror, you usually have to take what the manufacturer gives you.
- The best lights for makeup application are white LED lights, with fluorescent lights in second place. Stay far away from any mirror that uses yellow lights, as they can really skew your skin tone and make it hard to apply makeup.
- Some vanity mirrors have dimmable lights. Usually, when you’re applying makeup, you want bright white light for accuracy and so you can see the colors properly.
- However, if you’ll be spending the night in a dimly-lit nightclub, it can be helpful to have the option of lowering the lights to get an accurate image of what you’ll look like at your destination.
- The size of the mirror also matters. Some mirrors are large and some are small. Some have fold-out sides so you can easily see your hairline and get a look at your profile. You’ll want to make sure that the mirror you choose allows you to see your entire face – and that it fits in the space you have available.
- Some vanity mirrors are two-sided with one regular mirror and one magnifying mirror. A magnifying mirror can be very helpful for plucking your eyebrows or applying eye makeup, so keep that in mind.
- Another consideration is the placement of your mirror. Is it meant to sit on a table or hang on a wall? The model you choose will depend on your personal preference and where you intend to put the mirror once you buy it.
- Portability may matter to you, and if it does you should choose a lightweight mirror.
- Finally, the price is always a consideration.
Best Lighted Vanity Makeup Mirrors in 2020
Now that you know what to look for in a lighted vanity mirror, let’s reveal our picks for the 10 best.
Last update on 2020-07-05 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. YTE Vanity Mirror LED Cosmetic Mirror
Our first pick is the YTE Vanity Mirror Led Cosmetic Mirror. We like it for these reasons:
- Fluorescent lights have three different settings for easy makeup application at any time of day.
- The mirror includes automatic color-correction to ensure that you always see colors the way they are.
- Four AA batteries, cleaning cloth, and spray bottle are all included.
As you might guess, there are a few things we think could be better about this product:
- It can be tricky to get this mirror to set at a comfortable angle for makeup application.
- The lights may be too bright for some people.
- This mirror does not have a magnifying side.
We like this mirror for its no glare surface and automatic color correction.
9. Conair Oval Shaped Double-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror
The #9 pick on our list is the Conair Oval Shaped Double-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror. Here are some of the reasons that we selected it:
- Double-sided mirror has one regular side and a magnified side for close-up work.
- Halo lighting provides a soft, even glow so you can see your entire face clearly.
- Anti-fog coating prevents this mirror from steaming up in the bathroom.
Here are a few things that you should be aware of before you buy:
- The lights may not be bright enough for some people.
- The frame of the mirror may heat up with prolonged use.
- This is a relatively small mirror and may be too small for some people’s taste.
On the whole, we love the two-sided option and the anti-fog technology on this mirror.
8. Gotofine LED Lighted Vanity Mirror
The #8 pick on our list is the Gotofine LED Lighted Vanity Mirror. Here are some of the reasons why it made the cut:
- Touch sensor on the mirror allows you to easily adjust the brightness of the lights.
- 10x magnification spot allows you to check things up close.
- This mirror can run on batteries or with a cable, which is included.
There are a few potential caveats that you should know about:
- This does not come with a full-size magnifying mirror – just a spot that attaches to the regular mirror.
- This mirror is narrow and may not be large enough for some people.
- The batteries have to be changed fairly frequently.
All in all, we like this mirror because of the touch sensor and the fact that you can run it on batteries if you need to.
7. FLYMEI® Touch Screen 20 LED Lighted Makeup Mirror
Our #7 pick is the FLYMEI® Touch Screen 20 LED Lighted Makeup Mirror. Here are a few of the things we like most about it:
- The mirror is surrounded by 20 LED lights to allow you to do your makeup even if the room is dark.
- Magnifying spot allows you to see up close for applying eye makeup.
- 180-degree rotation means you can set it at any angle you choose.
There are a few potential downsides to consider, too:
- This mirror does not have a full magnifying mirror, just a spot.
- The lights may not be bright enough for some people’s taste.
- This unit runs on batteries, which require frequent replacement.
We like this mirror for its many lights and for the ease of adjusting it.
6. Butyface Vanity Mirror with Lights
Our next pick is the Butyface Vanity Mirror with Lights. Here are some of the reasons we like this product:
- Daylight LED lights provide you with the most natural lighting possible for doing your makeup.
- Touchscreen, tri-fold mirror is easy to use – and comes with 10x magnification.
- Lightweight and easy to travel with, it even comes with its own pouch.
We like quite a few things about this mirror, but here are a few potential cons to consider:
- This runs on a cord or four AAA batteries, which are not included with the mirror.
- This does not have a full-size magnifying mirror, just an attachable spot.
- This mirror is on the small size in spite of its tri-fold design.
All in all, we love the tri-fold design and touch screen.
5. Fancii 10X Magnifying Lighted Makeup Mirror
Our #5 pick is the Fancii 10X Magnifying Lighted Makeup Mirror. Here are a few of the reasons we chose it:
- Advanced locking suction allows you to rotate and adjust this mirror 360 degrees.
- Touch screen controls are easy to use.
- Wireless mirror runs on three AAA batteries and comes with a travel pouch.
Here are a few things that could be better about this mirror:
- The mirror is fairly small, measuring a little over 9 inches high.
- The on/off switch is hyper-sensitive and can turn on at unexpected times.
- The magnification on this mirror may be too strong for some people – and you need a regular mirror to use with it.
If you want a touch screen magnifying mirror that’s easy to use, this is the choice for you.
4. Chende Hollywood Makeup Vanity Mirror with Light
Coming in at #4 on our list is the Chende Hollywood Makeup Vanity Mirror with Light. Here are some of the reasons we selected it:
- This mirror has a cool Old Hollywood retro vibe that’s fun to look at.
- 12 dimmable LED bulbs provide adjustable, natural light for any setting.
- Can work sitting on a tabletop or mounted on a wall.
There are a few caveats to be aware of:
- The instructions are not well written and may be difficult to understand.
- It’s easy to miss the included light bulbs in the box (they’re packaged separately).
- This is a large mirror that needs a fair amount of space to use.
While this mirror is one of the pricier options on our list, we think it’s worth it for the adjustable lights and the glamorous Hollywood look.
3. daisi Magnifying Lighted Makeup Mirror
Our #3 pick is the daisi Magnifying Lighted Makeup Mirror. We like it for these reasons:
- 7x magnification makes it easy to apply makeup and does other tasks such as tweezing.
- The lighted mirror is easy to adjust and sits easily on any tabletop or counter.
- The acrylic base has compartments to hold makeup, brushes, and accessories, so it doubles as an organizer.
Here are a few things that we think could be better about this mirror:
- This is a true magnifying mirror, so if you want to see your total look you’ll need to look in a standard mirror to do it.
- The mirror itself is rather small and may not be ideal for some people.
- This runs on batteries and that may not be convenient for some people.
On the whole, we like this vanity mirror for its strong magnification and the handy organizer base.
2. KEDSUM Dimmable Natural Bright Light Makeup Mirror
The #2 pick on our list is the KEDSUM Dimmable Natural Bright Light Makeup Mirror. There are a lot of things to like about this mirror. For example:
- Touch screen feature makes it easy to dim or brighten the lights that run down the sides.
- The mirror comes with a detachable 5x magnifying spot for up-close adjustments.
- The base has a small compartment to hold makeup and other small items.
We like this product a lot, but here are a couple of potential downsides to keeping in mind as you make your decision:
- This can be used with a USB cord or batteries, but we wish it had a standard electrical cord and/or a rechargeable battery.
- The mirror is a little on the small side and some people may prefer a larger one.
On the whole, this is a very good mirror that’s sturdy, portable, and easy to use.
1. Led Lighted Vanity Beauty Makeup Mirror with Small Round 10x Magnifying Spot Mirror By Terresa
Finally, our number one pick in this category is the Led Lighted Vanity Beauty Makeup Mirror by Terresa. Here are just a few of the reasons that it earned our top spot:
- Sleek looking design fits easily on most dressers and countertops.
- This mirror comes with an automatic turn-off feature, perfect if you have a tendency to forget to switch things off.
- The power button on the back prevents the lights from turning on accidentally.
We really like almost everything about this product, but here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
- This mirror is a regular mirror with a 10x magnification spot – not a full magnification mirror.
- This mirror runs on batteries or an included USB cord, but the need to replace batteries would be mitigated if the manufacturer included rechargeable ones.
All in all, we really love this mirror for its sleek design and portability.
Having the right mirror to do your makeup can make a huge difference in the morning. The 10 lighted vanity mirrors on this list all get the job done.