The battle between Marvel and DC Comics continues with the development of the superheroes LEGO series. LEGO toys aren’t for children anymore. Even adults are taking part in the superhero craze by collecting LEGO toys.
With so many choices out there, how do you know what to look for in the perfect one? You can start with looking for the following characteristics:
- The types of characters featured in the set.
- A number of accessories that are included.
- The value for the money.
- Bonus components such as comic books or movie themes.
Best LEGO Super Heroes in 2020
Find out what the most popular LEGO Super Heroes picks are for 2019 with this top 10 review.
Last update on 2020-07-26 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Black Panther Pursuit 76047 Toy
The LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Black Panther Pursuit starts the list with a scene from Captain America Civil War.
We liked this on our list because:
- It features the Black Panther Jet with its stud shooters and a cockpit that has open and close capabilities.
- The set also includes Captain America’s spring-loaded shooter 4 x 4 vehicle with all the detailing of the actual vehicle, huge wheels, headlights (not functional) and a license plate.
- Other accessories include launching missiles from Captain America’s spring loaded shooter.
- The vehicles look realistic as well as the Winter Soldier and Black Panther. Many also like the fact that Captain America’s face is unmasked.
It should be noted that:
- Captain America’s hair gives him an unusual appearance.
It is recommended for children between the ages of 7 and 12 years old. This set is pretty interesting which makes for an enjoyable and imaginative LEGO building session. The addition of the comic book is gold since it also encourages reading and not just play. The set costs under $30.
9. LEGO Super Heroes 76058 Spider-Man: Ghost Rider Team-up Building Kit (217 Piece)
Next up on the list is This 217-piece LEGO Super Heroes set that comes with Spiderman, Hobgoblin and Ghost Rider.
This series has some great traits:
- Accessories include Ghost Rider’s flaming motor bike, Hobgoblin’s Goblin Glider, as well as Spiderman’s Super Jumper and Web Blast.
- Ghost Rider’s bike wheels have the ability to turn and the Goblin Glider comes equipped with 2 flick missiles as additional weapons for Hobgoblin.
A complaint was made that:
- The flames on the side of Ghost Rider’s bike tend to fall off during play and they have been noted to get in the way.
It was created for ages 7 to 14 years. Overall, this set is an awesome buy for under $20 and allows for lots of imaginative play.
8. LEGO Super Heroes Super Hero Airport Battle 76051
Listed at #8 on our list is the LEGO Super Heroes Super Hero Airport Battle set.
We do like this series based on the following:
- It includes six figures which are: Captain America, Winter Soldier, Scarlet Witch, Iron Man, War Machine and Agent 13.
- There are several other cool pieces included such as the air traffic control tower which features a visual control room with a swivel chair, a second-floor office with computer screen element, opening cupboards and two exploding wall functions.
A few cons can be noted that include:
- This set was made for 8 to 14-year-olds so it is not ideal for younger children.
- There are a lot of complex parts and aspects so it can be cumbersome for a child in this age range to fully grasp immediately.
The variety of features and mini-figures included in this package makes it a steal. The $60 price tag makes it value for money since purchasing them separately would run you a lot more.
7. LEGO Super Heroes Batman: Gotham City Cycle Chase 76053
Coming in at a solid #7 on the list is the LEGO Super Heroes Batman: Gotham City Cycle Chase.
We are impressed with this set because:
- It is the first of the DC Comics LEGO Super Heroes and this 224 piece package is suitable for children ages 7 to 14 years old.
- This set includes three mini figures: Batman, Deadshot, and Harley Quinn.
- There are two vehicles included: Batman’s Bat Cycle and Harley Quinn’s bike.
- The muffler pipes are adjustable and the bike has a hinged attachment for Harley’s hammer which can be folded out to knock Batman down.
A few of the complaints would be that:
- Deadshot has no vehicle.
- It does not come with a comic as with the Marvel packages.
But, this set is under $20 and is another amazing buy which will allow kids to express their creativity and further develop their imagination.
6. LEGO Super Heroes Clash of the Heroes 76044
Our #6 pick is this 92 piece DC Clash of the Super Heroes set which includes the two mini figures: Armoured Batman and Superman.
This set is featured on our list due to the following:
- Batman’s bazooka can be broken down into two smaller guns: stud-shooting and grapple hook.
- Superman has Super Jumper to knock down the rooftop barrier.
- The set includes a mini build skyscraper rooftop which has a rotating and exploding Bat Signal.
It should be mentioned that a few cons include:
- Batman’s eyes glow in the dark which can be scary for young children.
- Batman’s detachable cape can be easily misplaced because of how small it is.
For just about $10, this LEGO DC Super Heroes Batman and Superman combo are an awesome deal. This LEGO set is suitable for children aged 6 to 12 years old.
5. LEGO Super Heroes Green Lantern vs. Sinestro
#5 goes to the LEGO Super Heroes Green Lantern vs. Sinestro set.
We recommend this particular set because:
- It has three mini figures: the villains Green Lantern and Sinestro, as well as Space Batman.
- The accessories include Space Batman’s space wings, an exclusive new Super Jumper and Sinestro’s translucent yellow power staff.
- New and exclusive Green Lantern, Space Batman and Sinestro all-new LEGO mini figures are only found only in this set.
One complaint can be made that:
- With so many accessories, children can easily lose parts throughout the duration of their playtime with the product.
This exclusive new LEGO DC Super Heroes set is a must have since these characters can only be sourced in this package offer. It is recommended for children 6 to 12 years old.
4. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man vs. Ultron (76029)
Coming in at #4 is the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Iron Man vs. Ultron set.
We like this set a lot due to:
- It features characters from the Avengers: Age of Ultron movie.
- The major players are Iron Man MK45 and Ultron Army of 3: the Ultron Sentry Officer and the other two are Ultron Sentries.
- The Ultron vehicle has adjustable wings, two antennas, and points of attachment for the sentries.
- Accessories included are Iron Man’s iconic helmet, his thrusters and Super Jumper, two stud shooters and the Ultron Sentries’ thrusters.
We did have one concern and that is:
- This set does not include as many accessories and features as compared to the others on this list.
It does have a reasonable price and is a great addition to the collection for Marvel enthusiasts and fans. It was made for children ages 6 to 12 years old and contains ninety pieces
3. LEGO Super Heroes Avengers Hydra Showdown
Making the top 3 is the Avengers Hydra Showdown set.
It deserves to be on this list since:
- This next LEGO Marvel Super Heroes set features another set of characters from the Avengers: Age of Ultron movie.
- It includes three minifigures: Thor, Hawkeye and a Hydra henchman. These characters and vehicles can be used to recreate a scene of the Avengers chasing the Hydra henchman through the Sokovia winter forest.
- The vehicle also has a removable roof and a rotating turret which fires flick missiles, while the Hydra off-roader has a powerful stud shooter.
Some issues were raised when reviewing this product:
- The design features of both vehicles could have been much improved, especially with the Avengers 4 x 4 not having a closed roof and doors.
- There is a strong preference for combat vehicles of that nature to have doors.
This LEGO Marvel Super Heroes set goes for under $40. This is an excellent set to keep kids occupied and engaged. It was designed for kids from 6 to 12 years old and has 220 LEGO pieces.
2. LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Mighty Micros: Captain America vs Red Skull (76065)
In close 2nd place is this LEGO Super Heroes Mighty Micros Marvel set for 5 to 12-year-olds. This 95 piece set includes Captain America and the villain Red Skull.
We believe this item is a good buy for the following reasons:
- The vehicles included are Captain America’s Mighty Micros tank, which has a front cannon and Red Skull’s Mighty Micros vehicle, which has two missiles.
- Both have rolling capable wheels.
- Captain America comes with his shield and a Tesseract.
However, there were a few vital complaints made:
- Both of the vehicles are not pullbacks.
- It does not include a Marvel comic book.
This is a pretty decent buy and the parts are slightly larger than the ones made with older kids in mind. This means that they are less of a choking hazard. The price is under $20 so it is reasonable.
1. LEGO Super Heroes: The Hulk Buster Smash – 76031
At #1 sits the LEGO Super Heroes: The Hulk Buster Smash. This final set was designed with an older set of kids in mind and caters to ages 7 to 14 boasting a whopping 248 pieces.
It takes the top slot because:
- This set features the mini figures: Iron Man, Ultron Prime, Scarlet Witch and a larger sized Hulk figure.
- The accessories include a Prison which features an invisible levitation stand for Scarlet Witch, Iron Man’s iconic helmet, and Super Jumper as well as Ultron Prime’s thrusters.
- There is also a Hulk Buster suit that carries an opening for Iron Man to fit into the cockpit, control it and fight the Incredible Hulk.
- The legs and arms of the suit are adjustable and can grab hold of the villain Ultron Prime. Stud shooters are also included on the arms. You can shoot the
- studs about a foot in distance.
The con can be that:
- This one is less suitable for older kids.
This under $60 LEGO Marvel Super Heroes set from the Avengers: Age of Ultron has been dubbed a winner by many of the Marvel fans. All in all, Marvel seems to have a bit of an edge for these LEGO toy sets and also get extra points for including the comic books with the package.
When choosing the right toy for your child or the comic enthusiast, researching the accessories, accuracy, and quality are imperative to finding the perfect set. The LEGO Super Heroes Series has given consumers a chance to get excited about reliving and recreating their favorite scenes from the stories. Use our reviewed list to find the set that best fits your desires for your favorite comic superheroes.