We move towards having everything connected. More and more things that used to be basic have now been improved with the aid of technology. Security plays an important role and our perspective on that changed as well. One interesting gadget, because it turned into a gadget is the keypad door lock. These little devices transitioned from things such as small safes and onto doors because of how well they work and the added security they offer. Keypad door locks are meant to be extremely straightforward and in some cases, much safer than a regular key lock.
Keypad door locks can be found in two different setups. There are keypad door locks that also use a key which means an added layer of security, and regular locks that can only be opened with the keypad. Things do not stop here. Keypad door locks may even have Bluetooth support. The user can unlock the door if his smartphone has Bluetooth activated and is close enough to actually connect to the door. This keyless access can be convenient but it is not always the most secure one.
Most of them are quite easy to install but there are some models that are a bit trickier. If the manual has clear enough instructions, even someone without experience can install a keypad door lock. Regardless, there are plenty of different keypad door locks with interesting features and we picked just 10 out of all of them. Because a lock that fails and does not open turns into a major problem, quality and reliability are more important than pricing. Without any further ado, here is our list of recommendations for the top 10 best keypad door locks in 2023.
Best Keypad Door Locks in 2023
|1||Ring Alarm Pro Base Station with built-in eero Wi-Fi 6 router||$249.99||View on Amazon|
Table of Contents
10. MiLocks TKK-02SN Digital Door Knob Lock with Electronic Keypad
9. TurboLock TL-99 Bluetooth Smart Lock
8. Schlage FE595VCAM716ACC Camelot Keypad Door Lock
7. Schlage FE575 PLY 716 FLA Plymouth Keypad Door Lock
6. Schlage FE595 CAM 619 GEO Camelot Keypad Knob Door Lock
5. Kwikset 99130-002 SmartCode 913 UL Electronic Keypad Door Lock
4. Kwikset 92640-001 Contemporary Electronic Keypad Door Lock
3. MiLocks DKK-02SN Indoor Electronic Touchpad Keyless Entry Door Lock
2. Schlage BE365VCAM619 Camelot Keypad Deadbolt
1. SoHoMiLL YL 99 Keyless Electronic Keypad Lock
Which Keypad Door Lock To Pick?
There are a lot of different keypad door locks to choose from and the vast majority are battery-powered. Even the ones with Bluetooth work with batteries. The difference between them is made by the design and how they are supposed to be installed. From a pricing perspective, all the locks in our list are fairly affordable and within the same price range which could make it difficult to pick one. Here are some pointers on what to look for:
- With or without Bluetooth? The units that can be opened with a mobile device over Bluetooth tend to require more power. They usually need a 9-volt battery. The ones that do not have Bluetooth use AA or AAA batteries but they tend to last much longer.
- With or without an auto-lock feature: The auto-lock feature can be tricky. For some, it can be useful while for others it can be a genuine pain. It is important to note that not all models can have the auto-locking feature turned off.
- With or without illuminated keys: Illuminated keys can be useful for exterior doors but they also drain the batteries faster. If there is plenty of light even during the night, a model without an illuminated keypad might be better.