Everyone loves a good barbecue and there is a lot of debate regarding which type of grill is the best. Some argue that nothing beats coal while others prefer the commodity of using gas powered ones. Electric grills are still popular but if we want mobility, electric grills are far from optimal since they always need to be plugged in. Regardless of all these aspects, what matters the most is the taste of the food. They all taste different depending on the type of grill used and this is a matter of personal preference. Some might not like the smoked taste that comes with food cocked on a charcoal grill other others prefer it over anything else. For our list, we decided to focus on gas grills for several reasons.
Gas grills can make a barbecue a bit more convenient. Since they do not to be plugged in, they are much easier to move around. Also, the temperature is much easier to control when compared with traditional charcoal grills. At the same time, gas grills are significantly easier to clean and do not leave much of a mess behind them. All these aspects count as favorable arguments to getting one over the other types.
For our list, we picked 10 different gas grills of various shapes, sizes and from a wide range of prices. We even included some really big grills for the ones that will be using it for small parties or even for a restaurant. Regardless of what a grill will be used for, we managed to select something for any type of need. With these things said let’s jump right into our list of the top 10 best gas grills in 2023.
Best Gas Grills in 2023
Table of Contents
10. Char-Broil 240 Portable Gas Grill
See more: Top 10 Best Charcoal Grills in 2023
9. Char-Broil Signature TRU Infrared 3-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill
8. Blackstone Dash Portable Grill for Outdoor Cooking
See more: Top 10 Best Grill Covers in 2023
7. Char-Broil Performance TRU Infrared 300 2-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill
6. Cuisinart CGG-059 Grillster 8,000 BTU Portable Gas Grill
No products found.Cuisinart CGG-059 Grillster is a powerful but quite compact grill. Despite having a low price tag, the grill looks and feels premium. It has a chromed handle and a brushed metal lid. The grill itself has a push button ignition system and one burner. Cleaning it can be quite easy since the 146 cooking surface is removable and is dishwasher safe. Last but not least the grill has rubber on the feet to prevent it from slipping and comes with a 3-year warranty.
5. Blackstone Grills Tailgater Portable Gas Grill
No products found.Blackstone Grills made the Tailgater portable gas grill to offer as much cooking surface as possible yet keep the model portable. It uses two large burners that are completely independent and two different cooking surfaces. The model has a cover only for one burner while the other one is left open. This makes it easy to cook on the grill or prepare something in a pot or pan. As for the cooking power, the burners have a maximum output of 20,000 BTU for the cast iron grill.
4. Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Stainless Tabletop Grill
No products found.Not every barbecue needs to be prepared outdoors. The Cuisinart CGG-306 is a great little tabletop grill with a compact form factor and premium construction. It has a stainless steel body with 2 burners and a large lid. The lead has a top-mounted temperature gauge while the bottom part of the body has 2 dials that control the burners individually. According to the specifications, the grill works with standard 20 lb. propane tanks and offers a cooking power of 20,000 BTUs
3. Smoke Hollow 205 Stainless Steel TableTop Propane Gas Grill
2. Cuisinart CGG-180 Petit Gourmet Portable Gas Grill with VersaStand
1. Cuisinart CGG-240 All Foods Roll-Away Gas Grill
No products found.Cuisinart CGG-240 gas grill has several interesting features and perks that make it one of the most popular picks on our list. The grill actually comes with 2 caster wheels that make it easy to move around and a generous cooking surface of 240 square inches. For a mobile gas grill, it is quite large. The grill features an electric ignition and a small temperature gauge installed on the top side of the lid. As for portability, the grill has a foldable design that makes it very compact and easy to store.
Picking A Suitable Gas Grill
Deciding on which gas grill to buy is a matter of budget and personal needs. It is obvious that the very large grills that come with 3 burners are quite expensive but the rest of them can vary for no obvious reason. Getting back to the question, here are some important things to look for when searching for a suitable gas grill:
- Cooking surface: Cooking for just 2 people means that even a small cooking surface will do. For more than two, maybe it is better to look at models with 2 or more burners.
- Portable or not: Portability is important only for the ones that actually plant to take the grill with them. If that is not a priority, it is better to get a regular grill since for the same money they offer a larger cooking surface and feel a bit sturdier.
- Number of burners: The number of burners can be quite important. Usually, gas grills that have one burner either have a small cooking surface or get hot mostly in the middle. The models with two burners get heated more evenly.