A garden hose nozzle can make a lot of jobs easier. Imagine having to have a car or water a garden without a nozzle. It can be hell. Everything takes longer, coverage is worst and the water pressure cannot be controlled. A reliable nozzle will prove to be essential especially since it can also cut the water supply without having to go back to a valve or anything like that.
Garden hose nozzles may be in different shapes and sizes. They are usually three types. A nozzle can be made of plastic, metal or a mix of both. Metal is usually more reliable but even plastic ones can survive depending on how they are used. They also have two main components which are the handle and the sprayer.
Since there is a substantial number of nozzle variations, it does not necessarily mean that you need more than one. What matters is to look at the specifications and their design in order to pick a suitable one. We decided to make things easier and selected the 10 most appreciated and best-selling nozzles on the market. Here are the top 10 best garden hose nozzles.
Best Garden Hose Nozzles in 2019
Table of Contents
- 10. Melnor Heavy-Duty Metal Hose Nozzle
- 9. Dodora Garden Hose Nozzle Sprayer
- 8. Melnor XT201 Heavy-Duty Metal Hose Nozzle
- 7. LawnTEC Hose Nozzle/Metal Garden Hose Sprayer
- 6. VicTsing Garden Hose Nozzle Spray
- 5. Crenova Garden Hose Nozzle Spray
- 4. Gilmour Full Size Zinc Pistol Grip Nozzle
- 3. Viking 912600 8-Way Heavy Duty Spray Nozzle
- 2. Best Garden Hose Nozzle
- 1. Gardenite Garden Hose Nozzle
- Things to keep in mind when looking for the best garden hose nozzles
10. Melnor Heavy-Duty Metal Hose Nozzle
Melnor heavy duty garden hose nozzle is both inexpensive and built to last. It is a simple nozzle with an all-metal body and a practical design that makes it easy to use for pretty much any job around the hours.
The nozzle itself is very easy to install. It is made from metal and comes with a slip-resistant handle covered with a rubberized material. The handle has a trigger lock installed to prevent accidental discharges.
Because it was built to last, Melnor offers a limited lifetime warranty for their hose nozzle. The nozzle head has 7 patters that can be switched between by just twisting the head while water pressure should be good enough.
- 7 spray patterns
- Durable metal construction
- Rubberized handle for improved grip
- Trigger lock built-in
9. Dodora Garden Hose Nozzle Sprayer
Dodora garden hose nozzle offers reliable quality for a modest price. Even if it is not made entirely out of metal, it is built to last. It works with most types of hoses and it is very easy to install without the need of special tools.
Like most other hose nozzles, the model has a trigger lock. The lock is conveniently placed and can even be locked to water continuously without having to keep it pressed. Also, the water pressure can be adjusted directly from the nozzle.
The nozzle uses some aluminum and plastic. It was designed to be leak-proof by using 3 rubber gaskets. The handle has a rubberized finish which improves grip while the sprayer has 9 different patters that can be adjusted by just spinning the head.
- Leak-proof construction
- 9 spray patters and adjustable pressure
- Durable aluminum and plastic construction
- Works with almost all types of hoses
8. Melnor XT201 Heavy-Duty Metal Hose Nozzle
Melnor XT201 hose nozzle is a good pick for the ones that are looking for something cheap but functional. The nozzle has a reasonable design, mostly made from plastic but with reliable sealing that prevents it from leaking.
Like most other nozzles, it has multiple watering patterns that can be switched quite easily. It has a total of 7 patterns which should be good enough for most chores around the house. The grip of the nozzle is rubberized which makes it more comfortable to hold and improves grip.
The nozzle is not entirely made of plastic. It uses metal to reinforce it and endure high water pressure. It is worth noting that Melnor offers a lifetime warranty for their nose nozzle.
- 7 different patterns to choose from
- Ergonomic grip with rubber finish
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Reinforced with heavy-duty metal
7. LawnTEC Hose Nozzle/Metal Garden Hose Sprayer
LawnTEC hose nozzle offers great quality for not a whole lot of money. Despite being inexpensive, the nozzle is made to last with a heavy-duty construction based on steel with a chrome finish. It is not all metal but the most important parts were designed to last.
The nozzle has a rubber grip but it does not have a trigger. To turn off the water, all it takes is to twist the ring that is also used to switch between the spray patterns. Speaking of patterns, the nozzle has 9 different patterns which should cover every situation.
One useful feature is the flow control adjuster. It basically adjusts the water pressure. Not having to keep a trigger pressed makes it more convenient and comfortable to use.
- 9 easy to select spray patterns
- Flow control adjuster
- Rubberized grip for better control
- Steel construction for improved durability
6. VicTsing Garden Hose Nozzle Spray
VicTsing garden hose nozzle is a useful and simple product that can handle any type of cleaning, car washing or just watering plants in a yard. It has a durable construction using a combination of metal and plastic. The most important parts are made from metal.
The nozzle works with all standard garden hoses. Its metal body ensures it can withstand high water pressure and fits tightly with minimal water leaks. Similar to other nozzles, it has 8 different water patterns. The nozzle dial is easy to adjust.
As far as ergonomics go, the handle is well designed with a rubberized coating for improved grip. The handle also has a lock system that keeps the water running without applying pressure on the trigger or it prevents the trigger from being pressed as all.
- 8 different watering patterns
- Locking system on the handle
- Metal body with rubberized finish
- Works with all standard garden hoses
5. Crenova Garden Hose Nozzle Spray
Crenova garden hose nozzle spray offers good value for the money. It is both durable and well design. Unlike other hose nozzles, this particular model is mostly made from metal with several plastic parts and rubberized coating around the handle.
Like most nozzles, the product has adjustable watering patterns. The patterns can be adjusted by rotating the plastic ring on the head. For the handle, a rubberized coating has been applied while the trigger is made entirely from metal.
The construction of the nozzle makes it very reliable with no water leaks. It has a locking clamp that keeps the trigger pressed thus making it quite convenient and comfortable to use even for longer periods of time.
- 6 adjustable hose watering patterns
- Durable metal construction
- Built-in locking clamp
- Works with all standard hoses
4. Gilmour Full Size Zinc Pistol Grip Nozzle
The Gilmour hose nozzle is one of the few products in our list that is made entirely from metal. It is made from zinc which is much more durable than plastic. It can withstand higher water pressure, but it is a bit heavier than most standard nozzles.
A useful feature is the flow control. The nozzle basically allows the pressure to be adjusted. It has a pressure adjustment pin on the back side of the nozzle. On the downside, it does not have multiple spray patterns like other nozzles.
To make things easier, the nozzle does have a threaded front that allows it to have various tools attached. The handle and the trigger are well placed and, if needed, the trigger can be locked so that the nozzle will continue watering without any effort from the user.
- All metal construction
- Threaded front for cleaning attachments
- Trigger locking mechanism
- Water pressure can be adjusted
3. Viking 912600 8-Way Heavy Duty Spray Nozzle
Viking 912600 hose nozzle is by far the most inexpensive model on our list yet it is not as bad as some would expect. In fact, it is quite decent and surprisingly durable despite being made mostly of plastic.
Being made from plastic does imply that the nozzle itself is quite lightweight. The handle has a rubberized surface to improve grip while the trigger is very easy to press and has a built-in lock that makes it much more convenient to use.
As far as extra features go, the nozzle has a flow control knob. It allows for the pressure to be adjusted. It can be attached to any standard hose and has 8 different watering patterns that are easy to switch.
- Lightweight but durable construction
- Works with all standard watering hoses
- 8 watering patterns
- Allows for the flow or pressure to be adjusted
2. Best Garden Hose Nozzle
Best might not sound like much of a brand but their hose nozzle has proven to be quite popular. It has a simple design that focuses on practicality and functionality. It is also reasonably priced and quite reliable when it comes to durability.
The nozzle is made from a combination of metal and plastic. All parts that are exposed to pressure are metal in order to ensure that the nozzle will not break prematurely. The handle is covered with a rubberized coating that improves grip while the connectors use rubber grommets to prevent leaks.
For practicality, the nozzle has been fitted with a lock that keeps the trigger pressed. The nozzle head has 8 different spraying patters while the nozzle itself will fit on all standard garden hoses.
- 8 watering patterns
- Ergonomic rubberized handle
- Works with all standard garden hoses
- Rubber grommets to prevent water leaks
1. Gardenite Garden Hose Nozzle
When it comes to reliability and durability, it is difficult to beat the Gardenite hose nozzle. It is a bit more expensive but the extra money is well spent. The body of the nozzle is made from solid metal with a glossy baked enamel finish.
The ergonomic handle has a soft layer of rubber that offers a comfortable and superior grip. On the back of the handle, a flow control know has been placed that will allow the user to adjust the water pressure. The trigger is easy to press and comes with a lock.
As far as extra features go, the nozzle has 10 watering patterns. To switch between the patterns, all it takes is to twist the black know on the front of the nozzle.
- 10 selectable watering patterns
- Soft, rubber coated handle
- Flow adjustment know
- Heavy duty solid metal body
Things to keep in mind when looking for the best garden hose nozzles
It does not take much to make a reliable hose nozzle. It needs to be functional and easy to use. Still, some manufacturers manage to get it wrong. The biggest culprits are nozzles that are made from cheap plastic that breaks or cannot withstand the water pressure. Some even have trouble with the garments and tend to leak water.
A good hose nozzle needs to be durable, practical and have an ergonomic design. The main focus has been on selecting the most appreciated nozzles that have a fair price tag. Not all of them are the same and it is a good idea to keep an eye out for certain issues and features.
- Construction. Some nozzles are made entirely from metal. While they are durable, they can be heavy compared to the ones that combine metal and plastic parts. The nozzles that are made entirely out of plastic should be avoided.
- Watering patterns. The vast majority of nozzles have multiple watering patterns. They can be useful but in reality, it means that they have more parts which can break. Nozzles without switchable watering patterns are more durable.
- Adjustable water flow. The adjustable water flow basically regulates the water pressure. It is a feature that is nice to have but not mandatory. Not everyone needs to be able to adjust the pressure.
Usually, water hose nozzles are used to wash cars or water plants. This means that they need to be used continuously for quite some time and thus, they have to be durable and reliable. We managed to pick a good selection of hose nozzles that will prove to be more than useful.
A good hose nozzle does not have to be expensive. It does not take much to understand that a nozzle needs to have some metal parts, or it needs to be made entirely out of metal to be worth spending money on. Cheap does not mean bad which is why we included on our list even some suspiciously inexpensive hose nozzles that will prove to be quite decent in the end.