Are you in the market for an electric deep fryer? Being able to make your favorite fried foods is a true delight. Electric deep fryers allow you to fry foods indoors and doesn’t require the use of propane. But, you need the right fryer.
Best Electric Deep Fryers in 2024
When browsing this list of the top 10 best electric deep fryers in 2024, you should think about the type of foods that you’ll be preparing. Find a fryer that meets your needs and remember to pay attention to the extra features.
Table of Contents
10. Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer
First on this list is this option from Presto. It is a compact electric deep fryer with a nonstick surface and shaped like a bucket.
Here are some of the main advantages of this little fryer:
- Only requires about 4 cups of oil for 4 cups of food
- Built-in preset thermostat – there are no settings to adjust
- Includes a “fill” line so that you can easily avoid overfilling the oil
- Compact size takes up little counter space
In addition to these advantages, there are a few drawbacks:
- The simplicity of this fryer may not suit all your deep-frying needs
- Does not include a top or a lid – be careful when checking your food
- The bottom heats up – this could destroy synthetic countertops. One option is to place it on a wood cutting board
The preset thermostat ensures that you get perfectly fried foods every time. You don’t need to adjust the temperature or set a timer.
You just add the oil and your food, turn the machine on, and turn it off when your food is ready. It’s a simple machine but lacks any extra features – which is why it belongs in the 10th spot in this list.
9. Cuisinart CDF-100 1.1-Liter Deep Fryer
No products found.
At number 9 is this Cuisinart fryer. It measures 8x11x7.5-inches, with a rectangular design. It can heat up to 375-degrees Fahrenheit and lets you fry up to ¾ of a pound of food with just 1.1-liters of oil.
Examine the pros and cons – starting with the pros:
- The interior is made with a nonstick die-cast material
- Heats up quickly, so that you can start frying within minutes
- Includes a closing lid and fry basket
- Comes with a removable filter in the lid – helps eliminate odors
Though, there are a few disadvantages:
- The magnetic cord easily becomes unplugged
- The lid can easily fall off if you’re not careful
The disadvantages don’t impact the cooking. You just need to be careful when using this fryer to avoid unplugging the machine or knocking off the lid. In the end, it’s a great, economical choice.
8. Presto 05450 DualDaddy Electric Deep Fryer
The DualDaddy fryer is another bucket-style fryer. Though, the inside has two compartments, so that you can cook two separate batches of fried food at the same time.
It has a 1500-watt heating element and measures 9x14x8.5-inches – this makes it one of the smallest fryers in this list. Here are the primary advantages that it provides:
- Features a snap-on lid so that you can store the appliance with oil inside
- There are no controls to set – you simply plug it in and wait for the temperature to rise
- Includes a slotted scoop for removing the fried food
- Constructed of heavy-duty aluminum with a nonstick finish
There are a couple of potential issues to point out:
- Includes a magnetic breakaway cord
- There is no temperature control
If you prefer to set the temperature based on what you’re cooking, then this isn’t the fryer for you. Though, this does simplify the use of this appliance.
The breakaway cord isn’t always a positive feature. While this is intended as a safety precaution, it can also easily become unplugged if you’re not careful.
Overall, this fryer belongs on this list due to its ease of use, compact size, and the heavy-duty cast aluminum interior with a nonstick finish.
7. T-fal FF1628 Filtra One Cool Touch Electric Deep Fryer
Next is this T-fal fryer. It has a total oil capacity of 2.1-liters and a food capacity of 2.65-liters. The exterior of the fryer remains cool while cooking and it offers these benefits:
- Oil filtration system makes it easy to clean – you can also reuse your oil
- Locking lid that is fully removable
- 1600-watt heating element cooks evenly
- Folding handle on the lid with a large view window
- Grease filter for less greasy fried foods
The disadvantages include:
- Some people find the oil filtration system to be more difficult than it’s worth
- The used oil can be difficult to remove
The oil filtration system is designed to help make this machine easier to clean. But, some people have stated that it does the opposite. Perhaps this is a personal issue, relate to how you clean, as some consumers find it incredibly easy to clean.
Also, the oil is difficult to remove. If you plan on reusing the oil frequently, you may want to explore one of the other options in this list. But, despite this issue, the cost and the cooking quality make it the 7th best electric deep fryer in 2024.
6. Hamilton Beach 3-Liter 3-Basket Electric Deep Fryer
Here is a 3-liter 3-basket electric deep fryer. Cook 2 foods at once or a single large batch. The design of this electric deep fryer resembles a commercial fryer, but smaller. It measures 14.75×15.63×11-inches.
The main benefits of choosing this Hamilton Beach fryer include:
- 12-cup food capacity – you can easily fry a large batch of food to feed a large group
- The assembly process is quick and easy – the removable parts also make it easy to clean
- The temperature is adjustable – also includes an adjustable timer
- Ready light indicator and breakaway cord
- Heats quickly and cooks evenly
And, here are the disadvantages:
- The breakaway cord may not be a positive feature for everyone
- The lids and the handles are made from plastic
The plastic lid and handles could become damaged if you allow them to come into constant contact with the hot oil. Also, the breakaway cord can be irritating, as it can easily become unplugged.
If you can get past those issues, then this is a great choice. It only takes about 10 minutes for the oil to heat up and it always fries your food evenly.
5. T-fal FR4049 Family Pro 3-Liter Electric Deep Fryer
At number 5 is this option from T-fal. It’s a 3-liter electric deep fryer that is available with either a single basket or 3 baskets. With 3 baskets, you have the option to prepare 2 separate foods at the same time or 1 large batch. The fryer has a 3-liter capacity and measures 12×19.3×13.6-inches.
If you want to learn more about this appliance, then check out these benefits and features:
- Includes a closing lid with a clear window for checking on your food
- Cool touch handles so that you can safely open the lid while cooking
- Ready indicator light lets you know when the oil is heated
- The heating element can quickly reheat the oil between batches
Before you choose this product, make sure that you review the disadvantages:
- The inside doesn’t include a removable oil container
- The plug can easily become unplugged if you’re not careful
When using this device, you need to avoid moving it around, as you could unplug the machine. Though, this isn’t a major issue. You don’t normally need to move the fryer after you start cooking.
The only real problem is that the inside doesn’t have a removable oil container. When you want to clean the inside, you need to pour the oil out.
To compensate for these shortcomings, the device has several positive features. This includes the cool touch handles, closing lid with a window, and the ready indicator light. As a bonus – it comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
4. Presto 05442 CoolDaddy Cool-Touch Deep Fryer
Here is another fryer from Presto. This is the CoolDaddy fryer. It has a compact design, square design that takes up limited counter space. It measures just 10x15x9-inches. Other advantages include:
- The lid locks closed to prevent splattering
- An air filter helps to absorb the frying odors
- The basket can be lowered into the food after closing the lid
- The frying pot is removable for easy cleaning
- Adjustable thermostat
The CoolDaddy has plenty of advantages. But, there are two issues to consider:
- 6-serving capacity
- It takes a while for the oil to heat back up
This electric deep fryer is a mess-free appliance. The locking lid prevents splatter while the charcoal air filter eliminates odor. But, it does take a while for the oil to heat, especially after completing a batch of fries or other food.
Also, due to the compact size, it has a limited capacity – at about 6 servings. Though, despite these drawbacks, the benefits help it make it to the 4th spot on this list.
3. Hamilton Beach 35033 12-Cup Deep Fryer
This Hamilton Beach fryer is another top choice due to the large food and oil capacities. You can easily prepare your favorite fried foods while enjoying the following benefits:
- Sleek, simple design with a stainless-steel exterior
- Adjustable temperature control with a ready light
- Heats quickly and cooks evenly
While there are advantages to this deep fryer, there are also a couple of drawbacks:
- The sides of the appliance can become very hot
- Does not contain a fill line for the oil
When using the deep fryer, the sides of the machine can get extremely hot. You’ll need to be careful to avoid touching the sides.
Also, there isn’t a fill line for the oil, so it’s important to avoid adding too much oil. If you follow these precautions, you can cook perfectly fried food every time. But, the main advantage is the slim design of the appliance. It takes up limited space, which makes it easier to store.
2. Cuisinart CDF-200 4-Quart Deep Fryer
At number 2 on the list is this Cuisinart deep fryer. It is a 4-quart unit with a 1-gallon removable oil container.
You also have the option of saving money by purchasing a refurbished fryer. Here are a few of the other advantages of this appliance:
- Large 4-quart capacity can cook up to 2.3-pounds of food
- Includes a large stainless steel mesh cook basket with a cool-touch handle
- 1800-watt immersion style heating element
- Measures 18.25×12.75×12.5-inches
Now that you’re aware of the benefits – here are the drawbacks:
- The controls are in an awkward position
- There is no catch screen below the basket
The controls are found directly behind the basket. This is inconvenient if you need to adjust the controls while frying your food – as you risk burning yourself.
But, if you’re careful, this shouldn’t be a major issue. Plus, you don’t often need to adjust the controls in the middle of cooking.
In the end, this is a great buy. The fryer heats up quickly, thanks to the 1800-watt immersion style heating element, and it quickly recovers heat after opening the lid. It is easy to use and operate and includes controls to adjust the cooking temperature and timer.
1. Secura 1700-Watt Stainless Steel Triple Basket Electric Deep Fryer
Taking the top spot is this Secura triple-basket electric deep fryer. The name is a little misleading. You get 3 baskets, but you can only use 2 at a time.
There is 1 large basket that fills the entire fryer and 2 smaller baskets that can be placed side by side. This is just one of the many advantages:
- Includes a 4.2-liter removable oil tank
- Adjustable heat control – between 250 and 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Automatic timer with auto shut off – you can set the timer up to 60 minutes
- See-through window on the lid
- You have the option to deep fry 2 different foods at once!
That covers the advantages. And, there are no disadvantages to discuss. This is the top electric deep fryer for 2018. Though some people may prefer a larger fryer, this appliance can fry 2 chicken quarters at the same time.
Overall, this Secura electric deep fryer is your best bet when it comes to quality, durability, and cooking. On top of all these great reasons to buy this fryer, it’s also affordable.
Start Frying Your Food with the Best Electric Deep Fryers
Electric deep fryers are convenient kitchen appliances. They let you deep fry a wide range of foods, including fried ice cream.
The main consideration when choosing the right fryer is the size. It needs to be large enough to meet your needs.
Good luck on your search. Hopefully, this list of the top 10 best electric deep fryers in 2024 will help you make the right choice.