Top 10 Best Drip Coffee Makers in 2023
For many of us, starting the day with one or more cups of delicious hot coffee isn’t a luxury – it’s a necessity. The flavor and aroma of coffee play a big role in getting us ready for the day. The caffeine energizes and awakens us. Even the process of brewing coffee can be energizing.
The key to brewing a quality cup of coffee is having the right method to make it. Drip coffee makers are widely available, easy to use, and they work. With that in mind, here are our picks for the top 10 best drip coffee makers in 2023.
Best Drip Coffee Makers in 2023
10. Pour-Over Coffee Maker 3-Cup Hand Drip Coffee Maker with Stainless Steel Filter by Coffee Gator
Our first pick is the Pour-Over Coffee Maker 3-Cup Hand Drip Coffee Maker with Stainless Steel Filter by Coffee Gator. This is a low-tech machine that delivers fantastic coffee flavor in every cup using a simple set-up that anybody can use. Here’s what we like about it:
- Easy-pour glass pitcher turns from coffee maker into serving carafe in seconds
- Reusable stainless steel filter means you never have to buy paper filters again
- Simply add coffee to the filter, heat water, and pour
- Tempered glass is sturdy and easy to clean
For the best results, you’ll want to heat the carafe by pouring hot water into it before brewing. That way, you’ll get a piping hot cup of coffee every time.
9. Ninja Coffee Bar Glass Carafe System (CF091)
If you want the option of brewing anything from a single cup of coffee to a whole carafe for a crowd, the Ninja Coffee Bar Glass Carafe System (CF091) has what you need. This is a versatile machine that you lets you tailor each cup of coffee to your particular taste.
- Pod-free brewing is environmentally friendly and easy to use
- Brew directly into your favorite mug, travel cup, or the included carafe – there are six brew sizes in all
- Create hot or iced coffee drinks at the touch of a button
- Flavor-enhancing technology ensures a delicious cup every time
This machine has a built-in frother to create cappuccinos and lattes. The varied settings make it easy to get the exact strength you want in every brew.
8. BUNN NHS Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer
For people who want a traditional drip coffee maker that’s fast and efficient, we recommend the BUNN NHS Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer. This is what we like about it:
- Brews 3 to 10 cups of coffee on demand – brews a full pot in just three minutes
- Internal water chamber keeps water hot and ready to go at all times
- Multi-stream spray head distributes water evenly over the coffee grounds for maximum flavor
- Included drip-free carafe ensures that coffee makes it into your cup without spilling
This brewer is a bit more expensive than the average drip coffee maker, but the quality and speed more than make up for the additional cost.
7. KitchenAid KCM1402CU 14-Cup Glass Carafe Coffee Maker – Contour Silver
KitchenAid is one of the most respected names in small appliances, and that’s part of we decided to include the KitchenAid KCM1402CU 14-Cup Glass Carafe Coffee Maker on our list. This machine has some nice features that separate it from other coffee makers on the market.
- 14-cup carafe is larger than most, making it easy to brew for a crowd
- Variable strength selector makes it easy to brew coffee to your precise specifications
- LED display shows the time and brewing options in easy-to-read format
- Water tank slides out for easy filling
- 24-hour programming means you can have coffee ready for you exactly when you want it.
This machine uses traditional paper filters. It’s also backed by KitchenAid’s excellent customer service.
6. Cuisinart DCC-3200 14-Cup Glass Carafe with Stainless Steel Handle Programmable Coffeemaker
When it comes to making affordable and reliable kitchen appliances, Cuisinart knows that to do. That’s why the Cuisinart DCC-3200 14-Cup Glass Carafe with Stainless Steel Handle Programmable Coffeemaker makes our list of the top 10 best drip coffee makers in 2023. Here’s what we like about it:
- Choose between regular and bold brewing to suit your tastes
- Comes with reusable gold-tone filter so you don’t have to buy paper filters
- Programmable machine allows you to have coffee ready when you want it
- Automatic shut-off ensures that your carafe won’t burn
- Warming feature keeps your coffee hot even if you can’t get to it right away
This machine can brew up to 14 cups of coffee at a time and it has a sleek, modern appearance that we love.
5. Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control, Silver
For people who prefer to grind their own coffee each morning, the convenience of a combination grinder and brewer is undeniable. We like the Breville BDC650BSS Grind Control because it offers the best of both worlds. Here are some of its great features:
- Choose from a total of eight grinds to control the strength of your coffee
- Offers pre-ground feature if you prefer
- Fully programmable – it can grind and brew to your specifications and have coffee ready when you want it
- Removable drip try so you can brew directly into your travel mug
- Temperature control ensures that every cup is piping hot
All of the programming options show up on the easy-to-read LED display.
4. Moccamaster KBT 10-Cup Coffee Brewer with Thermal Carafe, Polished Silver
If you entertain a lot, you might want a Moccamaster KBT 10-Cup Coffee Brewer with Thermal Carafe to help you out. Here what we like about it:
- Pulse action makes for perfect coffee flavor every time
- Precise temperature control keeps coffee between 196 and 205 degrees
- Brews a half or full carafe in four to six minutes
- Thermal carafe keeps coffee hot so you can brew in advance if you need to
- Comes with a 5-year limited warranty
This coffee maker doesn’t have a lot of frills, but we think the price is justified by the quality of the brew. You’ll learn to appreciate coffee in a whole new way.
3. OXO 9 Cup Coffee Maker (with 4 oz Silver Canyon Coffee)
Coffee technology allows for consistent brewing with the OXO 9 Cup Coffee Maker (with 4 oz Silver Canyon Coffee). This machine is fully programmable and reliable, allowing for a perfect cup of coffee every time you turn it on. Here’s why it made our list:
- Replicates the pour-over method with a microprocessor-controlled brew cycle
- Water stays hot – and at the perfect temperature — so it’s always ready to brew
- LCD display and 24-hour programming mean that coffee is ready when you want it
- Comes with 140 grams of Silver Canyon Organic Honduras Dark Roast Coffee – enough to make two full pots of gourmet coffee
This machine guarantees that you’ll get barista-quality coffee even when you’re at home.
2. Mr. Coffee 12 Cup Programmable Coffeemaker with Brew Strength Selector, JPX37
We would be remiss if we didn’t include at least one product from Mr. Coffee on our list. They’re a leading name in affordable coffee makers, and the Mr. Coffee 12 Cup Programmable Coffeemaker with Brew Strength Selector is our pick. Here’s why it made the cut:
- Built-in water filter removes impurities for great-tasting coffee
- Fully programmable machine allows you to choose your brew strength and set a timer so coffee is ready when you are
- Pause-and-serve brewing makes it easy to take a cup of coffee when you’re in a hurry
- Brews up to 12 cups at a time
- Auto-cleaning system keeps your machine in great shape
This machine is affordable and offers several features – such as selecting brew strength – that are normally available only in higher-priced machines.
1. BLACK+DECKER CM2035B 12-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker, Black/Silver
Our final machine is also an affordable one. The BLACK+DECKER CM2035B 12-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker is programmable and easy to use, and offers the reliable features you would normally associate with Black + Decker.
- Removable water reservoir is easy to fill
- Vacuum-sealed thermal carafe keeps coffee hot for hours
- Choose between regular, strong, and bold brews
- Timer indicates how long it has been since coffee was brewed
- Self-cleaning pot offers easy maintenance
This pot is great if you want to make coffee once and be able to enjoy a hot cup hours later. You can take it with you because the vacuum seal keeps your coffee safe.
The morning cup of coffee is a ritual that we all enjoy. The ten drip coffee makers on our list are the best available in 2023, and there’s something for every budget. All of them offer a degree of control over your coffee’s strength and temperature that results in a perfectly brewed cup, every single time.
While the taste in coffee might be different from one person to another, everyone can recognize a good cup from a poorly brewed one. The beans themselves are not enough to bew a perfect cup. Regardless of how good the coffee is if the coffee maker is bad or of poor quality, the result will be quite displeasing.
Coffee makers have become a must-have appliance in the kitchen. Nobody brews their own coffee anymore. We use machines to safe time, space and money and coffee is no exception. There are many types of coffee makers but the most appreciated ones seem to be the dripping makers.
Best Drip Coffee Makers in 2017
The biggest advantage of owning such a machine is its ability to brew a large quantity of coffee without having to worry much about it or even do anything. All it takes is the push of a button and the machine will start to slowly fill the carafe. Many believe that this type of machines can brew the perfect coffee which is why they are so popular. In fact there are thousands of models available but today we had to limit our list to only 10 models. Here are the top 10 best drip coffee makers in 2017.
10. Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffee Maker
Proctor Silex drip coffee maker is one of the most affordable models in our picklist. The product comes with minimalistic features yet manages to brew a decent coffee. It has just an illuminated on switch and an automatic pause and serve feature.
The model has a large 12 cup capacity basket and a dishwasher safe carafe. It is quite easy to clean and relatively small when compared to other coffee makers.
9. Black & Decker CM2035B 12-Cup Thermal Coffeemaker
Black & Decker CM2035B coffee maker is a great replacement for an old one. It is reasonably priced and comes with several useful features such as the auto-clean system. This makes it a whole lot easier to maintain it in a perfect condition.
The coffee maker comes with programming options, delayed start and an auto-brew feature. It also has an auto-shutoff function and a sneak-a-cup feature that makes it really quick to get a fresh cup without having to wait for the carafe to get filled.
8. DeLonghi DCF2212T Glass Carafe Drip Coffee Maker
DeLoghi products have been dominating the market for quite some time. Their DCF2212T drip coffee maker is a great machine for a small to medium family. It has a standard 12 cup capacity with an aroma feature that releases water to saturate the coffee. The result is a more flavored brew.
Maintenance is fairly straight forward as with other coffee makers of this type. The carafe is machine-wash safe while the unit itself can be cleared with a wet cloth. The finish of the body is a matte black which means it will not be a magnet for fingerprints.
7. Hamilton Beach Single Serve Coffee Brewer and Full Pot Coffee Maker
Hamilton Beach Single Serve coffee machine is a large model that is best fitted for large families. It can brew 12 cups of coffee in a relatively fast time and works with the K-Cup packs.
The model comes with a large carafe and a stainless steel cup. Both of them can be used at the same time. The menu allows the user to select multiple programs or set a delayed start timer. This makes it easy to set it and have a fresh hot cup of coffee every morning without having to wait.
6. Bunn BXB Velocity Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer
The Bunn BXB Velocity is more of a premium model and this becomes obvious just by looking at its design and build quality. It has a small carafe that is large enough for up to 50 fluid ounces of coffee and a simple on/off button. It does not come with complicated features or anything of that sorts.
Its carafe is coated with porcelain while the plate beneath maintains the coffee warm. The sprayhead has a new design which claims to extract the flavor better while the internal water tank ensures that the machine is always ready to brew.
5. Cuisinart DCC-3200 Perfect Temp 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
The Cuisinart DCC-3200 is the coffee maker with the largest capacity from our picklist. It can brew up to 14 cups of coffee in its large carafe. The model is almost entirely automatic with its 24 hour programmable delayed start and the self-cleaning feature.
As with any other premium coffee maker the model has a bottom plate that heats up and keeps the coffee warm. The build of the machine is impressive with a brushed stainless steel body and LED illuminated buttons.
4. Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Digital Coffee Maker
When the budget is constrictive, products such as Hamilton Beach 46201 12-cup coffee maker prove that a good coffee does not necessarily means an expensive machine. The model can brew an excellent cup of coffee with minimal effort.
The carafe can hold up to 4 cups which might not sound like much but it is enough for one or two people. Its digital display and menu buttons allow the user to set it for a delayed start or set the machine to keep the coffee warm. It is a simple coffee maker that offers just enough features to brew an excellent coffee every single time.
3. Hamilton Beach Melitta Coffee Maker with Vacuum Stainless Thermal Carafe
Hamilton Beach Melitta is a sturdy and well built model that is available with several different options. The model can be purchased with either a thermal carafe or a glass one. The thermal carafe has a 10 cup capacity and can keep the coffee warm for a rather long period of time.
The model offers an easy to use menu with an digital LED display. It can be set to start at a certain hour and features an auto-shutoff system. The model is made of stainless steel with durable PVC elements. Cleaning is reasonably easy but the carafe itself cannot be placed in a dishwashing machine.
2. Zojirushi EC-DAC50 Zutto 5-Cup
Zojirushi EC-DAC50 Zutto is a mid-range model that can rival with much more expensive coffee makers. It has a modest capacity but the quality of the brew is difficult to match. Its water reservoir comes with a keep warm function meaning that it is always ready to prepare coffee.
The carafe is made of clear glass and can hold about 5 cups of coffee. Cleaning it is fairly easy as it is dishwasher safe while the unit itself is made of stainless steel with a matte finish that does not act as a fingerprint magnet.
1. Cuisinart DGB-700BC Grind-and-Brew 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker
The Cuisinart DGB-700BC is a great machine that can brew a traditional coffee. It is one of the few models that come with its own built-in coffee grinder. The model has a large internal water tank and a 12 cup carafe. The carafe itself is heated by the bottom plate which keeps the coffee warm.
Its build quality is worthy of a premium product. The top side is made of stainless steel and features a digital display and metal buttons. It allows the user to fully customize how the coffee is brewed or set the machine to start at a certain hour.
Drip coffee makers have played an important part in the morning ritual of many people. The ones that rely of a coffee maker to get their morning fix surely know how to appreciate a good brew. Not all models offer the same brew quality even when using the same coffee type which is why we put together this picklist.
The pricing can vary a lot and can even reach a few hundreds of dollars. Budget is important when shopping for a coffee maker but that does not mean that a good coffee comes only from a really expensive drip maker. We managed to find budget models that received positive reviews for the quality of their brew. Our list includes a wide range of models from all price categories and regardless of the available budget, everyone can find a decent coffee maker in our selection.