There are plenty of reasons to consider getting a camping hammock. Compared with tents, they offer several advantages and only a few disadvantages. The very first thing that comes to mind is pricing. Camping hammocks are quite inexpensive when compared to even a 2-person tent.
Hammocks can be a great replacement for a tent if the weather allows it. They are also much more comfortable to sleep in rather than on the ground. At the same time, they take much less storage space and are lighter in terms of weighing when compared to tents.
For our list, we were able to pick 10 camping hammocks that will prove to be ideal for spending a night outdoors. Some of them come with some interesting bonuses and features but even the most basic model will prove to be an excellent choice. With no further ado here is our selection for the top 10 best camping hammocks in 2019.
Best Camping Hammocks in 2019
Table of Contents
- 10. Canway Double Outdoor Hammock
- 9. Oak Creek Lost Valley Camping Hammock
- 8. TinyBigAdventure Eclypse II Camping Hammock
- 7. Gold Armour Camping Hammock
- 6. Hennessy Hammock Expedition Series
- 5. Honesh Outdoor Leisure Cotton Hammock
- 4. Nature’s Hangout The HangEasy Portable Camping Hammock
- 3. WildHorn Outfitters Outpost Camping Hammock
- 2. Honest Outfitters Camping Hammock
- 1. Winner Outfitters Double Camping Hammock
- Things to keep in mind when looking for camping hammocks
10. Canway Double Outdoor Hammock
Canway double outdoor hammock is a great option for the ones that like to pack light. This inexpensive hammock offers a reliable build quality and comes with all the accessories one would need.
The hammock is made using 210T nylon which is known for its durability. The straps are also made out of nylon and can support a maximum weight of 600 pounds. Setting it up takes just a couple of minutes.
To make it easy to transport, the hammock comes with a small storage bag. Comfort is also quite decent as the hammock has a breathable material making it a great choice for a camping trip during the hot summer days.
- Suitable for 2 adults
- Can support a maximum weight of 600 pounds
- Includes a carry bag and all the needed accessories
- Inexpensive and durable
9. Oak Creek Lost Valley Camping Hammock
Oak Creek Lost Valley camping hammock offers a bit more utility in the sense that it comes with some useful extras. The hammock includes a mosquito net that will prove to be extremely useful and an additional cover that can be mounted above the hammock to offer protection against rain.
The hammock is made from a durable nylon material that is also used for parachutes. Reinforced stitching has been used along with very durable straps. It was made to support one adult for a maximum load of 350 pounds.
To make it easier to travel with, the hammock includes a small carry bag that can hold all the items in the set. It can hold the hammock, mosquito net, the carabiners, the stakes and rain cover.
- Comes with a mosquito net and a rain cover
- Made from tear resistant parachute nylon
- Can be setup in just 3 minutes
- Entire kit weighs just 4 pounds
8. TinyBigAdventure Eclypse II Camping Hammock
TinyBigAdventure Eclypse II camping hammock is both practical and comfortable. At the same time, it is quite inexpensive for what it offers. The hammock is made using 210 nylon which is about as durable as the nylon used for parachutes.
One thing that makes this model stand out is the fact that it comes with a mosquito net. It is very easy to setup and takes only a couple of minutes to have both the hammock and the mosquito net installed.
The hammock comes as a kit that includes the hammock, mosquito net, storage bags for the two, straps and carabiners. What is great about it is that when packed, everything becomes very small and the entire kit is quite lightweight.
- Made from tear-resistant 210 nylon
- Includes a mosquito net and storage bags for both
- Hammock made to be breathable and dry up fast
- Supports 2 adults up to 400 pounds
7. Gold Armour Camping Hammock
Gold Armour camping hammock is one of the cheaper models that made it to our list yet it is a decent product that is durable and comfortable at the same time. It is made from nylon and it is suitable for 2 adults. The maximum supported weight is 500 pounds.
Setting up the hammock is a 3-minute process. The carabiners and straps are all included in the set and everything fits inside a small carry bag.
Because it is durable and tear-resistant, Gold Armor offers a 15-year warranty for the hammock. It also has a refund policy for the ones that do not like it for whatever reason. Odds are, very few will be unhappy with the Gold Armor camping hammock.
- Supports 2 adults for up to 500 pounds maximum load
- Small carry bag included
- Available in 12 different colors
- 15-year warranty
6. Hennessy Hammock Expedition Series
Hennessy Hammock Expedition Series is truly a premium model and not that many will be willing to pay the extra. It is made out of a durable nylon fabric which can support 1 adult of up to 250 pounds. The suspending ropes can support up to 1600 pounds.
A great feature of the Hennessy hammock is the extra rainfly fabric that is used as cover. It is waterproof thus it will prove useful during a rainy day.
In terms of practicality, the hammock has an asymmetrical side zipper closure. It does not need a storage bag to have it folded and compacted properly. Setting it up is easy and the webbing straps have a special mesh pocket on the ridgeline to protect the bark on the trees.
- Includes a waterproof cover
- Supports a maximum weight limit of 250 pounds
- Weighs just 2 pounds when packed
- Tear resistant 210D nylon
5. Honesh Outdoor Leisure Cotton Hammock
Honesh outdoor leisure cotton hammock is one of the cheapest models on our list. It is more of a multi-purpose hammock as it is not just for camping. It can be used even in the backyard mainly because of its design and the fabric from which it is made.
The hammock is made of cotton and has a very colorful design. Cotton is not as tear resistant as nylon, but the hammock can handle a maximum load of 450 pounds. The hammock also comes with a carrying bag for easy travel.
What makes the Honesh hammock such an attractive purchase is the low-price tag. Even if it is not a hammock specifically designed for camping it is still a decent option.
- Inexpensive, available in 4 different colors
- Includes a storage bag for easy travel
- Can support 2 adults up to a maximum load of 450 pounds
- Machine washable and mildew-resistant
4. Nature’s Hangout The HangEasy Portable Camping Hammock
Nature’s Hangout portable camping hammock comes with a complete kit for a modest price tag. The hammock includes all the required straps, carabiners, storage bag and the hammock itself.
Build quality is premium as expected. The nylon fabric used is the same as the one used for parachutes. It is tear resistant, lightweight and takes very little space when packed. Setting the hammock up takes just a couple of minutes.
The hammock is large enough for 2 adults. The storage bag remains attached to one side of the hammock thus it can be used as a small storage pocket. What is interesting about the hammock is that it was made to be so durable that the manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty.
- Lifetime warranty and refund policy
- Suitable for 2 adults
- Available in 5 different colors
- Made out of high durability, tear-resistant 230T nylon
3. WildHorn Outfitters Outpost Camping Hammock
The WildHorn Outfitters camping hammock is a great travel companion for the ones that like spending time out in nature. It is an inexpensive hammock that comes with everything needed. It is also available in several different sizes and six different colors.
As far as durability goes, the hammock is made of 70D nylon which is just as durable as the one used for parachutes. It can support up to 400 pounds which means it can sustain the weight of 2 adults.
The kit comes with a small storage bag and all the needed accessories. For convenience, the storage bag is sewed into the hammock and will hang on one of the sides which turns it into a small storage pocket.
- Made from durable 70D nylon
- Can sustain the weight of 2 adults up to 400 pounds
- Available in multiple sizes and 6 different colors
- Practical becomes very small when stored in the carry bag
2. Honest Outfitters Camping Hammock
Honest Outfitters camping hammock is quite similar to their other hammock. What makes it different is some design elements and the fabric from which it is made. The model uses 210T nylon which is tear resistant and can support the weight of 2 adults up to 500 pounds.
The hammock is very easy to setup. It takes just a couple of minutes to get it ready. When stored in the small carry bag it comes with, the hammock becomes very convenient to travel with.
Build quality is anything but disappointing. Even if it is lightweight and seems to be made from a thin fabric, the hammock is tear resistant. The model is available in 2 different sizes and 9 different color combinations.
- Available in 2 different sizes and 9 color combinations
- Very easy to setup, takes just a couple of minutes to have it ready
- Lightweight and durable 210T nylon
- Can support 2 adults but no more than 500 pounds
1. Winner Outfitters Double Camping Hammock
Winner Outfitters double camping hammock is exactly what the name states. It is a double hammock which means it can support 2 adults but without exceeding a maximum weight of 500 pounds.
The hammock was made to be tear resistant and easy to travel with. Its small storage bag barely makes it extremely compact when packed. The hammock comes with all the needed accessories such as the carabiners and the straps.
Practicality is the key word when it comes to the Winner Outfitters hammock. The carry bag is sewed on one of the edges of the hammock which turns it into a small storage pocket.
- Inexpensive but durable and practical
- Can support 2 adults up to 500 pounds
- Available in 4 different color combinations
- Made out of tear-resistant 210T nylon
Things to keep in mind when looking for camping hammocks
Picking a hammock is something that should not take more than a couple of minutes. Surely there are hundreds of models available but the vast majority of them are actually identical. The main difference between them is the price and the branding.
Before rushing to add a hammock to a basket it would be better to have a closer look and understand what type of hammock it is. There are some differences between them and depending on how they will be used, some hammocks will prove to be more useful than others.
- With or without a rain protector: Some camping hammocks include an additional rain protector that needs to be installed in the hammock. It is an individual piece and not all hammocks come with it. For some, this might be important while for others, it is an unnecessary accessory.
- With or without a mosquito net: Mosquitos can be annoying. Some hammocks deal with this issue by having an additional net that is part of the hammock. It might not be necessary for some. It all depends on the area and if there are a lot of mosquitos near the camping place.
- Hammock size: Hammock size is an important aspect. Usually, people go camping in a group or at least with a friend. Very few people go camping alone. Depending on the situation, a double hammock might be better than two one-person hammocks. This is something worth thinking about.
As a general rule, it is always a good idea to set a budget and select several different models that fit that budget. Out of all those models, only a few of them will prove to be purchase worthy.
One thing that is easy to notice with camping hammocks is that all of them are made from some sort of nylon fabric which makes them durable and tear resistant. What matters the most about camping hammocks is for them to be practical. This means they need to be compact, easy to carry, easy to setup and take very little storage space. Fortunately, there is no shortage of hammocks and there are more than enough to choose from.