Everyone loves a good home party but without some cold beverages, things are not as fun. The big deal with a house party is having enough chilled beverages. Even for a party of 6 people, a regular refrigerator will not cut it. There is literally not enough space to have a large volume of drinks in the fridge.
A good option is to get a dedicated beverage refrigerator. They work just like a regular fridge but have a different design in order to help them take advantage of the interior space as much as possible. Most beverage or beer refrigerators have multiple shelves that allow only cans to be stored inside because the distance between them is limited. This makes it possible to store in such a compact fridge as much as 100 cans of beer or canned drinks which should be enough even for a large party.
Beverages are a wonderful thing to have on hand, but they do have the tendency to fill up refrigerator space. This is why many homes utilize compact beverage refrigerators. These are units specifically designed to hold chilled drinks. Generally, these drinks are 12 oz. aluminum cans. A reliable beverage refrigerator keeps drinks at an optimum temperature, provides an aesthetic look, and has a viewing window serving as a door. Many beverage refrigerators also double as wine coolers. This is convenient as it allows for more than one beverage type to be stored. Some units can be completely retrofit into wine coolers, while others include a solitary wine rack.
How to Choose a Reliable Beverage Refrigerator
This article provides reviews for ten various beverage refrigerators currently on the market. The units chosen are based on several factors.
- The first is refrigeration. Many hold that 34 degrees are the optimum temperature for a perfectly chilled drink. The units featured here bottom out at around 34 degrees. The effect is supposed to be synonymous with a cooler full of ice. Many units do garner complaints about lack of chill, while others tend to be too cold and develop icing problems.
- The second factor is capacity. A beverage refrigerator should hold a moderate to a large number of drinks in it. The units are chosen boast at least 60 to 100 12 oz. cans. This allows for a large number of beverages to be stored for access and convenience.
- The third factor is storage. Aluminum cans come in different shapes and sizes. Many consumers also like to stock units with bottles of water. Shelving that can be pulled out and adjusted can alter interior space. This allows for larger items to be stored.
- The fourth factor is the aesthetics. The units chosen have interior lighting for easy viewing. The lighting gives the units a very regal look and serves the practical purpose of revealing the contents.
- The final factor is a warranty. Refrigerator units should have a 1 to 2-year warranty to ensure the longevity of function. This also protects consumers from delivery problems and general maintenance issues.
Best Beverage Refrigerators in 2019
Last update on 2019-12-11 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. BR-1211 Whynter Freestanding Beverage 121 Can Refrigerator
The Whynter Freestanding Beverage Refrigerator is built for style. It has a very sleek, and very aesthetic design. The door is made of stainless steel and double pane glass, which provides both protection and display. The Whynter Refrigerator also has a powerful compressor outfitted with an internal fan for circulation and even distribution. Canned beverages placed at the front will be the same temperature as those in the back.
The overall design allows the unit to maintain practicality while offering superior service. The shelves can be adjusted to make room for beverages of various size. The Whynter Refrigerator does make a loud noise when cooling, but this is the only drawback the unit presents. Additional features include:
- Touch Screen Temperature Control.
- Temperature Range Between 34°F – 43°F.
- Cylinder Lock with Two Keys.
- Can Hold 121 12 oz. Cans.
9. MIS1530 Curtis Beverage Center/Wine Cooler
The Curtis Beverage Center can pull double duty as a Wine Cooler. It has three tempered glass slide out shelves, one chrome wire wine rack, and a holding capacity of 110 cans plus four bottles of wine. The design is a bit more practical but utilizes a glass door for viewing. The unit’s dimensions are also convenient in regards to storage.
The Curtis Beverage Center takes up a small amount of space and can fit under table tops. The unit is said to run loud much like the aforementioned Whynter Refrigerator. This makes it more suitable for placement in a utility room rather than a kitchen. The Curtis also bottoms out at 40°, which does not keep beverages as cold as some other units. Consumer complaints usually stem from the higher temperature and loud noise. Additional features include:
- Digital Temperature Control.
- Frost Free Feature.
- Blue LED Interior Lighting.
- Unit can be Retrofit to Contain only One Beverage Type: Can hold 150 12 oz. Cans or 36 Wine Bottles.
8. Kalamera Beverage Refrigerator
The Kalamera refrigerator was designed with elegance in mind. It has a triple-layered transparent glass door, soft blue LED lighting, and compressors as quiet as a whisper. The unit is designed with a recreational purpose in mind. The model holds up to 175 12 oz. cans. The dimensions allow it to easily fit under a countertop or sit conveniently in a corner.
Consumer reviews are generally positive and laud the quiet motor and soft LED lighting the unit provides. This is definitely a centerpiece model. Perfect for public display in a kitchen or social room. As aforementioned in prior reviews, a loud motor can become an inconvenience. Many developers have counteracted this by creating quieter models. Additional features include:
- Unit comes with six easily removable wire racks for a convenient top to the bottom filling.
- Compressor maintains temperatures between 38°-50°F for an extended period of time.
- Temperature Memory Function restores personal settings in the event the unit is turned off.
7. Phiestina 24 Inch Built-In Dual Zone Wine and Beverage Cooler with French Door
The Phiestina oozes class with a very streamlined design. The unit can fit easily under countertops or inside counter spaces. It is definitely a sleek addition to the layout of any kitchen. The unit has stainless steel double doors with backlit blue LED lighting for aesthetic viewing. The unit has a full wine rack on one side that holds a capacity of 20 bottles, and the other side sports beverage racks good for 63 12 oz. cans.
Consumer reviews are generally positive although some have had trouble with delivery. As far as curbside appeal, this model is probably the most attractive of the bunch. Some consumers have experienced problems with the dual temperature controls. Additional features include:
- Advanced Temperature Control Technology System.
Independent Cooling Function for Each Side.
- High-Tech Compressor and Air Duct for Quiet Operation.
- Adjustable and Removable Shelves.
- Cooling Range of 38 to 66°F.
- Front Vent for Heat Distribution.
- 1-Year Risk-Free Warranty.
6. Tramontina Stainless Steel Trim Wine Soda Beverage Center
The Tramonita has a very simplistic design. It is optimal for low-budget purchases as it does not bear the price tag of other units. The refrigerator is convenient in size, easy to clean, and above all keeps beverages cool.
The main customer complaints revolve around cosmetics. The unit often has a chemical smell and bears a loud motor. Consumers do laud the unit for keeping drinks exceptionally cold. As an outdoor or utility room unit the model is fantastic. Noise and smell are a good trade-off for optimum chill factor. Additional features include:
- 4.4 ft. Capacity.
- Holds 126 12 oz, Cans.
- Adjustable Thermostat.
- LED Interior Lighting.
- Temperature Range of 32° to 60° F.
- Stainless Steel Trim.
- Double-Pane Glass.
5. PH-CBR100 Phiestina Compressor Beverage Cooler
The little brother of the Phiestina Dual Zone Wine and Beverage Cooler, the PH-CBR100 is essentially the beverage portion of the Dual Zone without the wine rack. The Phiestina Compressor Cooler has an elegant design, a silent motor, uniform cooling, backlit soft LED lighting, and slide out beverage racks. The entire set-up of the unit screams convenience. It is convenient in size and convenient in operation. It can be placed anywhere within a home.
The capacity for 12 oz. cans is a little larger than the Dual Zone with the Compressor holding 105. Consumer reviews across the board are positive. The Dual Zone had some rare problems with temperature control as both sides could be independently set. The simplistic design of the PH-CBR100 negates this problem. It keeps beverages cold and also compliments the interior of the room it is in. Phiestina makes gorgeous-looking units. Additional features include:
- A Cooling Range of 38 to 50 Degrees.
- Six Removable Wire Trays.
- Compressor Cooling System for Ambient Control.
- 1-Year Risk-Free Warranty.
4. BWC120SS EdgeStar Extreme Cool Beverage Cooler
The EdgeStar Extreme Cool is a standard refrigerator unit. It has the compact size necessary for convenient use, a cheaper price tag, white interior lighting, tempered glass, and a wine rack insert for a variety of use. EdgeStar does try to set itself apart by using a powerful compressor system.
The system provides a cooler chill than other units so that grabbing a beer is akin to opening an ice chest. EdgeStar sells this point as many units garner complaints about lack of chill. Consumer reviews reveal that the unit often has a problem with icing, however. This is the unfortunate trade-off for the colder climate. The icing is not a deal-breaker but will require regular upkeep. Additional features include:
- Cooling Range of 30 – 50 degrees.
- Holds 103 12 oz. Cans.
- Wine Rack Included with 6 Bottle Capacity.
3. Ivation 18 Bottle Thermoelectric Red And White Wine Cooler/Chiller Counter Top Wine Cellar
The Ivation Wine Cooler is the only wine cooler on this list. It is a quality compact refrigerator designed to keep both red and white wines at optimum temperature. The cooler has a sleek design with cool blue LED backlighting. It is aesthetically pleasing to the eye and compliments whatever room it is in. Its compact size takes up minimal space allowing the unit to be placed almost anywhere. It is also designed to reduce ambient noise for a quiet operation.
Consumer reviews are very flattering with only a minute drawback. The rack does not fully accommodate larger bottles of wine. This is not the worst problem to have. The racks are adjustable but sacrifice optimum space in order to accommodate one bottle. Additional features include:
- Optimal Wine Chiller Preserves and Properly Ages Wine.
- Temperature Range of Range 54º – 64ºF.
- Exterior Digital Touch Controls and LCD Temperature Controls.
- Energy-Efficient Thermoelectric Cooling System with No Compressor for Minimal Vibration.
- Insulated Solid Polyurethane Foam Thermopane Doors for UV Protection.
2. NewAir AB-1200 Beverage Cooler
NewAir Beverage Cooler is another simplistic unit that compliments performance with cost-effective price. It has a large capacity with the ability to hold 126 12 oz. cans. The refrigerator is cooled using a compressor but is not as loud as similar models. The unit looks great, has a stainless steel frame, aesthetic lighting, and seven custom settings for the thermostat.
Additionally, the NewAir has a storage bin at the bottom to accommodate larger sized beverages or bottles of wine. The storage area can even hold snacks. In order for the full capacity of beverages to be reached, the area has to be filled with cans. Consumer reviews are mostly positive. The primary complaints are a gurgling noise emitted by the compressor system. Additional features include:
- Temperature Range of 34 to 64 degrees.
- 5 Adjustable Chrome Racks.
- Simple Plug and Play Activation.
- 34 Degree Low-End for Extra Chill.
1. Danby 120 Can Beverage Center
The Danby 120 is a single-door refrigerator unit with a standard design. It is given a somewhat glamorous edge with features like tempered glass, stainless-steel trim, and a black-wire interior. The idea is to provide a sense of class for a reduced price.
The Danby has a high-tech mechanical thermostat, a cooling range of 43°F to 57°F, and interior lighting. Consumer reviews are mostly favorable for the Danby, but a common complaint is that the unit does not get cold enough. Some consumers endeavored to fix this with a DIY jerry-rig. Additional features include:
- 120 12 oz. Can Capacity.
- 3 Black Wire Shelves.
- Energy Efficient Blue LED Lighting.
- Integrated Locking Mechanism for Security Purposes.
There are a lot of different beverage coolers on the market. For the most part, these refrigerators are made for commercial use but there are some that can be used domestically. One of the main drivers for pricing is size but it is possible to get a great deal on some models. They have been included in our list mainly because of the value they offer for the money.
The 10 listed beverage refrigerators use similar designs. Some of them even come with very powerful compressors that can get the temperature below freezing point. Not everyone likes their drink this cold but for the sake of diversity, these models have been included as well.