Do you want to protect your Apple watch? These watches don’t come cheap. So, to protect the screen from scratches and scrapes, you should add a screen protector.
Unfortunately, finding the best fit isn’t always easy. Some screen protectors fail to stay in place or easily leave bubbles behind.
You also need to consider the type of Apple watch that you own. There are quite a few different styles. This includes Series 0, 1, and 2 Apple watches. All series include 38 and 42mm watches. Though, some screen protectors are designed to fit any Apple watch.
Best Apple Watch Screen Protectors in 2018
The following list of the top 10 best Apple watch screen protectors in 2018 will help keep your screen free of scratches.
Table of Contents
- 10. Apple Watch Case 38mm Series 1 Snap-on Cover Protector
- 9. Spigen Rugged Armor Apple Watch Case with Resilient Shock Absorption and Screen Protectors
- 8. Apple Watch Case 5-in-1 Universal Full Armor Case with Screen Protector
- 7. Apple Watch Series 2 Case – Haoos Ultra-Thin Clear Hard Screen Protector Cover
- 6. Apple Watch 38mm Full Coverage Screen Protector for Series 1 and 2
- 5. 38mm Apple Watch Screen Protector iXCC 0.3mm 2-Pack
- 4. Patchworks USG TOUCH PRO Apple Watch 38mm 2-Pack
- 3. Julk 0.3mm Ultra-thin HD Clear TPU Screen Protector for 38mm Apple Watch
- 2. ArmorSuit MilitaryShield 38mm Anti-Bubble Ultra HD Screen Protectors
- 1. ArmorSuit MilitaryShield 42mm Anti-Bubble Ultra HD Screen Protectors
- Find the Best Screen Protector for Your Apple Watch
10. Apple Watch Case 38mm Series 1 Snap-on Cover Protector
The first screen protector on this list provides full coverage over your watch. It is a snap on case made from a clear, flexible material. With a case, you don’t need to deal with a complicated application process.
But, that’s not the only advantage. Here are a few more:
- The case is incredibly durable and provides full access to all watch controls
- There is an air cushion to help protect your watch against impact
- Works with the Series 1 Apple watches
These cases are affordable and durable. Though, moisture may get trapped between the case and the watch if wearing in a humid setting or while working out. This moisture should dissipate shortly afterward.
This case will only work with the 38mm Series 1 Apple watches. If you have a different watch, you’ll need a different case. But, the manufacturers offer options for each type of Apple watch.
9. Spigen Rugged Armor Apple Watch Case with Resilient Shock Absorption and Screen Protectors
This next choice offers full protection for the entire watch. It includes a rugged case with screen protectors designed for the 38mm Apple watch.
Here are the advantages and features of this case:
- Rugged case with shock absorption
- Includes 2 screen protectors for 38mm Apple watches
- The rugged case is flexible
- Works with Series 1 and 2 Apple watches
This is a solid protector, but you do need to be made aware of a couple disadvantages:
- The case doesn’t sit tightly against the watch. This can allow dust and debris to get trapped between the case and the watch
- Some consumers ditch the screen protectors and use the case
While the case doesn’t sit tightly against the watch, you can always remove it and clean the interior to get rid of debris. If you don’t like the screen protectors, you can replace them and still use the case. But, with a Series 2 watch, you shouldn’t have any problems with the protectors.
8. Apple Watch Case 5-in-1 Universal Full Armor Case with Screen Protector
If you want a stylish protector for your Apple watch, then consider this pack of screen protector cases. You get a 5 pack of watch cases with a durable, clear screen. They are compatible with both the Series 1 and 2 Apple watches, while also offering these benefits:
- The 5 cases are all different colors – black, red, pink, orange, and tan
- The cases simply fit over your watch
- The screen protector surface has a matte finish – which helps reduce glare
- Helps waterproof the Series 2 watches
There are also a couple disadvantages:
- The waterproof advantage doesn’t apply to the Series 1 watches
- You may have difficulty using the touchscreen near the edges of the screen
If you want full functionality with a Series 1 watch, this may not be your best option. But, it works great with the Series 2 watches.
7. Apple Watch Series 2 Case – Haoos Ultra-Thin Clear Hard Screen Protector Cover
Next is this hard screen protector cover for the 42mm Apple watches. Instead of applying a film to the surface of your watch, you simply attach the protective case. This provides numerous advantages:
- You don’t have to worry about bubbles or improper application
- You’ll receive 2 screen protector covers
- Does not cover the microphone or speaker on the Series 2 watches
- Made from a hard, yet flexible material that will easily fit over your watch
- Does not interfere with the operation of the touchscreen display
There is one drawback to these protectors. These cases are only meant for the Series 2 Apple watches. But, the same manufacturer also provides a separate set that is designed for the Series 1 watches.
6. Apple Watch 38mm Full Coverage Screen Protector for Series 1 and 2
At number 6 is this option from Skinomi. It offers full protection for your Apple watch screen. The film is made from a flexible material that covers the entire screen, including the curved edges of the screen.
The full coverage is just one reason why this is a great choice. Here are a few more advantages:
- Includes a liquid solution that allows you to adjust the placement of the screen during application
- Comes with a lifetime replacement warranty
- Features TechSkin technology to protect against scratches
- Designed for 38mm Apple watches
- The film has a UV clear coat which prevents yellowing and ensures a clear view of your watch screen
- Self-healing film – the film stretches and absorbs scratches and damage
- Includes 6 screens
Those are the advantages. Here are the disadvantages:
- You need to be patient with the application process
- The provided liquid for the application process isn’t enough to apply all 6 screen protectors
When you apply the screen protector, you need to be patient and follow the instructions exactly as described. Bubbles may be present when you first apply the protector. But, these should go away if you allow the watch to set overnight and then complete the application process the following day.
Basically, you get a great set of screen protectors. You just need to be careful with the application process.
5. 38mm Apple Watch Screen Protector iXCC 0.3mm 2-Pack
If you’re worried about bubbles in your protector, then you’ll want to look at this Apple screen protector. It’s designed to prevent bubbles. This is due to the 9H hardness of the material. Along with anti-bubble material, you get the following benefits:
- Includes a dust absorber, guide sticker, and cleaning wipes
- You get 2 Apple watch screen protector films
- The included items make it easy to install
- 0.3mm tempered glass material for added protection
While this protector will protect your watch screen, there are two issues to point out:
- Only covers the flat area of the screen on the watches with rounded edges
- Slightly thicker than some of the other protectors
If you have an Apple watch with the rounded edges, this will only cover the flat part. Also, it doesn’t quite cover the entire screen, but enough to protect from scratches.
The material is made from tempered glass. It is 0.3mm thick, which is common. But, the glass material makes it slightly thicker. This can have a moderate impact on the sensitivity of the touchscreen.
Overall, this protector offers superior protection, due to the glass material. And, the fact that the glass material doesn’t cover the entire screen is normal for glass protectors.
4. Patchworks USG TOUCH PRO Apple Watch 38mm 2-Pack
The 4th best Apple watch screen protector is this option from Patchworks. It includes 2 protectors, made with a military-grade urethane. While this entry is for their 38mm protector, they also offer a 42mm version.
Here is a closer look at the advantages of this Apple watch screen protector:
- Anti-fingerprint and bubble-free material
- Non-yellowing and durable
- Includes a guide tip for easy application
- You get 2 screen protectors
- Thin material that doesn’t interfere with watch operation
Now on to the disadvantages:
- There is a chance that you may mess up the first protector
As with almost all screen protectors for electronic devices, it’s easy to mess up the first time that you attempt to apply the protector to the screen.
Luckily, there are 2 protectors included in this package. You can consider the first one as a practice protector, as the correctly applied protector should last for quite a while. Plus, they are incredibly affordable. Almost all the protectors on this list are available for less than $20.
3. Julk 0.3mm Ultra-thin HD Clear TPU Screen Protector for 38mm Apple Watch
Next is a screen protector case that provides additional protection for not only the watch face but the watch case. It is designed for the Series 1 watch but also works with Series 2 Apple watches.
Explore the top features of this ultra-thin screen protector:
- Protector case fits over the front of the watch. Not only does it protect the screen, it protects the sides of the watch
- Thin material ensures that the protector doesn’t interfere with the use of the touchscreen
- Crystal clear protector with a completely clear view of the watch screen
- The protector is removable
There are also a couple of disadvantages to consider:
- Works with the Series 2 watches, but partially covers the speaker and mic on the Series 2
- Moisture may get trapped between the protector and the watch screen
If you choose to use this protector for a series 2 watch, even though the protector partially covers the speaker and microphone, this doesn’t interfere with regular operation.
The other issue is the moisture. There is a slight layer between the protector and the watch screen. Again, this doesn’t impact operation.
But, if you’re using the watch in a gym or while you work out, moisture could get trapped between the protector and the watch. If this happens, you simply need to remove the protector or allow it the watch and protector to dry out.
Overall, the real advantage of choosing this protector is that you don’t have to worry about bubbles or carefully applying a screen. It simply fits over the 38mm watch and is removable.
2. ArmorSuit MilitaryShield 38mm Anti-Bubble Ultra HD Screen Protectors
At the number 2 spot is this option from ArmorSuit. These ultra-clear screen protectors are the best quality, with advanced features that you won’t get from other protectors. This includes:
- Ultra-thin material – this helps prevent any loss of clarity on the watch face
- Easily aligns along the contours of the watch
- Designed with a long-lasting material that resists scratches
- Includes self-healing technology that reduces the appearance of scratches
Along with those advantages, you get 2 screen protectors. If you happen to improperly attach the protector, you have a backup. The protectors are built to last, but you get a spare one.
If you want to increase your chances of properly attaching the screen protector, make sure that you watch a video tutorial or take your time and read the instructions.
There are no drawbacks to this protector. It is affordable and one of the most highly-rated protectors available in 2018.
The bottom line is that these screen protectors are exceptionally clear. The material also helps to reduce oil and smudges on the watch, while also protecting from any damage. So, if you have a 38mm Apple watch, this is perhaps your best option.
1. ArmorSuit MilitaryShield 42mm Anti-Bubble Ultra HD Screen Protectors
And here is the screen protector that makes the top of the list. These ArmorSuit screen protectors are intended for 42mm Apple watches and will work with either Series 1 or 2 watches. As with the previous entry, you can expect a quality protector and these advantages:
- Ultra-clear and thin material to prevent any reduction in screen quality
- Perfectly aligns with the contours of the watch face
- The material is scratchproof and resistant to yellowing
- Military-grade material uses self-healing technology to help prevent scratches
- You get 2 screen protectors
- Backed by a lifetime replacement warranty!
On top of the great benefits of using this screen protector, there are no disadvantages to mention.
As with any screen protector, you need to be careful while applying the protector. But, if you can attach the screen without any bubbles then this should be the only protector that you’ll ever need.
Find the Best Screen Protector for Your Apple Watch
With regular use, your watch is bound to eventually get a scratch. These top 10 best Apple watch screen protectors in 2018 provide the best chances of protecting your watch from damage.
Before you make your final decision, consider your options – compare prices, ease of application, and durability.