If you have invested in an Apple Watch, then it’s a pretty safe bet that you’re always on the lookout for the best accessories to go with it. One of the most important accessories you can have for any mobile device is a way to charge it. And if you love the look of your Apple Watch, then you may prefer to use a charging dock to keep it on display so you can access its features while it’s charging.
We’ve done the legwork to check out the best Apple Watch charging docks on the market so you don’t have to. However, before we reveal our picks, we want to take a minute to review the most important features to keep in mind as you shop.
What to Look for in an Apple Watch Charging Dock
As is the case with any Apple product, you have options when it comes to buying accessories for your Apple Watch. Here are some of the things to look for in an Apple Watch Charging Dock.
- The first consideration to keep in mind is quality, and the best way to do that is to look at the manufacturer. Apple only offers one basic style of charging dock for the Apple Watch, so the other options on the market come from other manufacturers. You want to make sure that the charging dock you choose fits the model of
- Apple Watch you own and that it charges properly.
- The second consideration is style. Apple Watch charging docks come in a huge array of styles and colors. Some are made of sleek metal or plastic, others of wood – and they also come in a variety of colors. There really is something for everyone, so take your time and pick a charging dock that you really like.
- The third consideration is size. If you only have a small space to put your charging dock, then you’ll want to look for a compact model that will fit there. If you have room to spare and want something a bit more dramatic, there are options for you, too. Pay attention to the dimensions of the product you choose to be sure you get something that will work for your space.
- The fourth and final consideration is the price. Apple Watch charging docks can be bought for a low price, but some of the fancier and nicer-looking models are priced higher than you might expect. If you can afford it, spending a bit more can be a good way to ensure that you love the charging dock you get.
Best Apple Watch Charging Docks in 2021
Those are the most important things to keep in mind as you shop. Now that you know what they are, it is time to reveal our picks for the top 10 Apple Watch charging docks.
Last update on 2021-01-17 / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. BENTOBEN Charging Stand Dock Station Cradle Nightstand for Apple Watch and iPhone
Coming in at the #10 spot on our list is the BENTOBEN Charging Stand Dock Station Cradle Nightstand for Apple Watch and iPhone. Here are some of the reasons it made our list:
- This stand is compatible with all Apple Watch styles.
- The sleek-looking stand works as a dock for both your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
- Slip-resistant foam anchors this dock to your nightstand, dresser, or table.
There are a few things we think could be better about this product. For example:
- While you can dock your iPhone, it will not charge while standing up in the dock.
- The rose gold color may not be for everybody.
- This is a lightweight stand and some people may prefer a heavier one.
We like this product for its sleek look and affordable price.
9. Apple Watch Series 2 Stand, iVAPO
The #9 pick on our list is the Apple Watch Series 2 Stand from iVAPO. Here are just a few of the reasons we like this dock:
- This stand has a sleek look thanks to its lightweight aluminum construction.
- Allows for docking of both the Apple Watch and iPhone, and charging of the Apple Watch.
- Some assembly is required, but the instructions are comprehensive and easy to follow.
Here are a few potential caveats to keep in mind before buying:
- The iPhone can be docked here but not charged, you’ll need to do that separately.
- If you have a case on your Apple Watch, you may have a hard time getting it to fit in the dock.
- Charging cords are not included with this product and it may not work with all after-market cords.
On the whole, we like this product for its sturdy construction and cool appearance.
8. ONE Dock Power Station Dock, Stand & Charger
Coming in at #8 on our list is this versatile dock for all of your Apple products. Here are some of the reasons we chose it:
- This dock has enough power to charge up to four devices at once thanks to its effective adaptor.
- Dock your Apple Watch plus an iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Sturdy aluminum construction is Apple MFi certified.
There’s a lot to like about this dock, but here are a few potential negatives to keep in mind:
- Does not fit all Apple cases – for example, it won’t fit Otter and LifeProof cases.
- No phone charger is included with this dock.
- The price is a little on the high side compared to some of the other products on the market.
We like this dock for its versatility and the fact that you can charge four items at once.
7. Ptuna Bamboo Wood Charging Stand
The #7 pick on our list is the Ptuna Bamboo Wood Charging Stand. We like this product for several reasons. For example:
- It’s made of environmentally-safe, renewable bamboo for a look that can blend in with your décor.
- It has four USB ports and can dock your Apple Watch, iPhone, and iPad simultaneously.
- Comes with a 12-month warranty and lifetime product support.
Now, here are a few things we think could be better about this product:
- May not charge as quickly as some of the other docks on the market.
- The watch charger does not sit flat.
- The bamboo is lightweight and may be prone to tip over.
The main reason we like this product is that it is solidly built and environmentally friendly.
6. Oittm Apple Watch Series 2 Charging Stand
Coming in at the #6 spot on our list is the Oittm Apple Watch Series 2 Charging Stand. Here are a few of the reasons that we chose it:
- Charges the Apple Watch and has three additional USB ports to allow you to charge an iPhone, iPad, or even a FitBit.
- Round base keeps Apple Watch cord hidden for a sleek and unobtrusive look.
- This dock is very lightweight and small enough to take with you when you travel.
There are a few potential negatives to consider. Here they are:
- The instructions could be easier to understand, and it may take some trial and error to fit the charger through the stand the first time.
- This product does not include the Apple Watch magnetic charger.
- The adapter for the iPhone does not work with this dock.
We like this dock for its compact design and the compartment to store cords and other small items.
5. Aerb Bamboo Wood Charging Stand Bracket Docking Station
The #5 pick on our list is the Aerb Bamboo Wood Charging Stand Bracket Docking Station. Here are some of the reasons we picked it:
- Compatible with all versions of the Apple Watch and iPhone.
- Lightweight bamboo construction makes this model easy to travel with.
- Features a slot for business card storage, making it ideal for your office
There are a few potential negatives to consider. For example:
- The phone cable stays loose inside the dock and can sometimes require some fishing around to attach it.
- Depending on which case you have for your phone, you may have a hard time getting it to sit right in the dock.
- The wood is very lightweight and may tip over if you’re not careful.
The bottom line is that we like this dock for its affordable price and for the extra business card holder, which is a nice bonus feature.
4. NEXGADGET 2-in-1 Charging Station Stand Dock Holder
Coming in at the #4 spot on our list is the NEXGADGET 2-in-1 Charging Station Stand Dock Holder. Here are some of the reasons that we chose it for our list:
- Compatible with all versions of the Apple Watch, and also works for the latest generations of iPhone as well as many other cell phones.
- Comes with an AC power cable and detailed instructions.
- IC chip maximizes the charge speed for your Apple Watch.
Here are a few potential caveats to keep in mind:
- The magnetic Apple Watch charger is not included with this product.
- May not fit all smart phones – check the manufacturer’s specifications before buying.
- Will not work if your iPhone is in a case.
We like this product for its versatility (not everybody who has an Apple Watch has an iPhone) and its sleek appearance.
3. Apple Watch Stand With iPhone Dock
The #3 product on our list is the Apple Watch Stand With iPhone Dock from LXORY. Here are a few of the reasons we picked it for our list:
- Works for docking and charging both the Apple Watch and iPhone, and will even work with an iPad Mini or Kindle Fire.
- This dock is both foldable and highly portable.
- The sleek black and gold design is beautiful to look at.
Here are a few things we think might be better about this product:
- The instructions are complicated and could be easier to understand.
- The product is a little top heavy with the phone attached.
- The stabilizers that come with this dock may fall off if not properly attached.
All in all, we like this dock for its beautiful and portable design.
2. Simpeak 4 Port USB Charger Station for Apple Watch
The #2 pick on our list is the Simpeak 4 Port USB Charger Station for Apple Watch. We like it for many reasons, but here are a few of the most important:
- This is a cool and sleek Apple Watch dock that fits perfectly on your nightstand.
- Smart USB ports allow for optimal charging of up to four devices at once.
- The hollow storage space is big enough to hold your Apple Watch charger and other small items, such as memory cards.
There’s a lot to like about this dock, but here are a few things to keep in mind before buying:
- The Apple Watch cord may be loose and would work better if there were a clip or something else to hold it in place.
- This dock does not come with a stabilizer to hold it in place, so you may want to put it on something to keep it from slipping.
- No charging cords are included with this product.
We love this dock for its compact design and fast charging capabilities.
1. elago W3 Stand
Finally, the #1 pick on our list is the elago W3 Stand. Here are some of the features that make it our top pick:
- It’s made of scratch-free silicone to protect your watch and prevent the dock from sliding around on your nightstand.
- This dock has a cool, retro look that makes your watch look like the display on a vintage Apple computer.
- This is an extremely affordable option for anybody who wants a dock for the Apple Watch.
There’s not much we don’t like about this product, but here are a few considerations:
- Must be positioned carefully for the charger to work – but once you’re used to it, it’s very easy to charge your Apple Watch.
- Works only for the Apple Watch Series 1 and 2, not for iPhones or anything else.
- The Apple Watch charger is not included.
On the whole, we adore this dock for its throwback look, lightweight but sturdy design, and extreme portability.
If you’re in the market for a great-looking and efficient dock for your Apple Watch, look no further than the items on this list. There’s something here for every taste and budget!