Pool vacuum heads attach to pool cleaning systems so that you can keep your pool clean. By purchasing a new pool vacuum head, you can improve your ability to remove debris and algae. But, how do you find the best option?
You can start by reviewing this list of the top 10 best pool vacuum heads in 2017.
Choosing the Best Pool Vacuum Head
As you learn more about the top vacuum heads for your pool cleaner, there are several features that you’ll want to pay attention to. This includes the following:
- The size of the pool head
- Extra features
- Cost and customer satisfaction
You should first look at the size of the pool vacuum head. A wider head will help clean a wider area. This increases the efficiency of your pool cleaning routine. Typically, the pool vacuum heads will range in size from 10-inches to 18-inches.
Next, consider the compatibility of the vacuum head. You need to make sure that it will fit your vacuum hose. The standard sizes are 1-1/4-inches and 1-1/2-inches.
Extra features include weighted vacuum heads, side brushes, or locking clips. These features will vary, depending on the pool vacuum head that you choose.
Best Pool Vacuum Heads in 2017
The final area of consideration is the cost and the overall value of the pool head. To learn more about each of your top options, you should look at reviews and summaries. Determine if people were satisfied with the pool vacuum head. You can get more details by checking out this list of the top 10 best pool vacuum heads in 2017.
Table of Contents
- 10. JED Pool Tools 30-163 Pro Flex Vacuum for Swimming Pool
- 9. Hayward SP1068 Triangular 3-Brush Pool Vacuum Head
- 8. Pentair R201276 214 Pro Vac Series Residential & Commercial Pool Vacuum Head
- 7. SplashTech 14-inch Weighted Flex Vacuum Head with Side Brushes
- 6. Poolmaster 27514 Clear-View Triangular Vinyl Liner Vacuum Head
- 5. Milliard Sea-Thru Triangle Weighted Pool and Spa Vacuum Head
- 4. FibroPRO Professional Flexible Swimming Pool Vacuum Head
- 3. Aquatix Pro Pool Vacuum Head with Side Brush
- 2. Hydro Tools 8130 Weighted Butterfly Pool Vacuum Head
- 1. Swimline 8150 Weighted Flex Vacuum Head
10. JED Pool Tools 30-163 Pro Flex Vacuum for Swimming Pool
Here is your first option. It’s a basic pool vacuum head intended for use in in-ground pools. It also features extra weights and wheels for keeping the pool vacuum head on the bottom of the pool. Other highlights include:
- 14-inch vacuum head
- Includes weights
- Double clip handle
- Enameled aluminum design
This pool vacuum head provides several benefits. It is easy to use and works with most vacuum hoses. The handle features a double clip, which makes it easy to instant and removes from the vacuum pole. It also has an extra-wide design, covering a larger section of your pool.
What about the drawbacks? We did find a few issues. One potential problem is the price. While this pool vacuum head isn’t expensive, it does cost more than most of the other pool vacuum heads. Also, it doesn’t include brushes for scrubbing the surface of your pool liner. But, it is effective for vacuuming debris from your pool.
9. Hayward SP1068 Triangular 3-Brush Pool Vacuum Head
This next pool vacuum head features a triangular design that some pool owners prefer. This lets you easily reach corners and clean around the steps. Other features include:
- 3-brush pool vacuum head
- Fits standard 1.25 and 1.5-inch vacuum hoses
- Swivel hose connection – 360-degree swivel
- Contoured shape
- See-through design
- Long-lasting brushes for removing algae spots
With a see-through design, you can see whether you’re getting any suction power. It lets you monitor the cleaning as you scrub your pool. It also has a contoured edge and a triangular design. This makes it easier to clean all areas of your pool, including the steps. This will work with standard vacuum hoses.
There is one drawback. This pool vacuum head costs a little more than some of the other triangle vacuum heads. The triangular design can be found in two of the other vacuum heads in this list, and they’re available at a lower price. This is a minor issue, as you might be able to purchase this vacuum head on sale. Overall, this is another fantastic choice and should work with all pools.
8. Pentair R201276 214 Pro Vac Series Residential & Commercial Pool Vacuum Head
For both residential and commercial pools, you should consider this next pool vacuum head. It’s got adjustable wheels and includes a 1.5-inch vacuum hose swivel connection. Learn more:
- Includes a metal swivel handle
- Wheels with ball bearings for smooth rolling
- 6 weights keep the pool vacuum head submerged
- Stainless steel bolt and nut
- Durable design
The main advantage of this pool vacuum head is its construction. This is the most durable pool vacuum head on this list. It should offer years of use. And, it works great. It easily connects to any pool vacuum hose or pool pole. It even comes with a swivel hose connection to make the vacuum head more flexible and easier to maneuver.
While this is an excellent choice, there is one major drawback. This is the most expensive pool vacuum cleaner. If you want to spend extra to ensure quality, then this is a top choice. But, if you prefer a better value, then you’ll want to examine the remaining vacuum heads.
7. SplashTech 14-inch Weighted Flex Vacuum Head with Side Brushes
Here is a weighted vacuum head with side brushes and a flexible handle. Check out the other features:
- Extra-wide 14-inch head
- 2-pounds of weight
- Nylon side brushes for scrubbing algae
- Fits standard 1.25 and 1.5-inch vacuum hoses and pool poles
- Rolls smoothly on the surface of your pool liner
This pool vacuum head has the standard rectangular design, along with side brushes for added scrubbing power. It’s available at an affordable price and uses nylon brushes so that you don’t scratch your pool liner. It is also heavily weighted to keep the pool vacuum head submerged while cleaning.
It works great, but some people find it hard to connect to their pool poles and vacuum hoses. This is due to the yoke that attaches the pole to the vacuum head. It’s a little larger, which can make the head wobbly. Make sure that you install it correctly.
6. Poolmaster 27514 Clear-View Triangular Vinyl Liner Vacuum Head
If you want a simple solution for cleaning your vinyl pool liner, you might want to check out this next option. It’s got the triangular design, along with a see-through plastic. Explore the rest of the features:
- 11-inches wide
- Triangular design
- Constructed from durable plastic
- Works with standard vacuum hoses or pool poles
- The brushes are replaceable
Why should you consider this pool vacuum head? It’s easy to use, connecting to most standard pool vacuum hoses or poles. But, the real advantage is the replaceable brushes. As the brushes begin to wear, you can switch them out with new brushes.
One disadvantage is that this pool vacuum head is intended for vinyl liners only. You won’t be using this vacuum head on a concrete or tile pool. But, for the vinyl pool liners, it’s an efficient way to remove algae and debris. It’s cheap and you can replace the brushes as needed.
5. Milliard Sea-Thru Triangle Weighted Pool and Spa Vacuum Head
This is another triangular pool vacuum head with a see-through design. You will also get these benefits:
- Fits standard 1.25 and 1.5-inch vacuum hoses and telescopic poles
- Includes weights to keep the vacuum head at the bottom of your pool
- 11-inches wide
- Nylon bristles on the bottom of the vacuum head
- Rubber bumpers along the side to prevent scratching vinyl pool liners
With a spring-loaded locking clip, you can easily attach this pool vacuum head to any standard vacuum hose. It also has the see-through design that makes it easy to monitor your cleaning. It is made from a durable ABS plastic should provide years of use, without major signs of wear.
The drawback is that not everyone likes the triangular design. While this makes the pool vacuum head more maneuverable, it also limits the surface area covered by the head. This means that it might take a little longer to clean the bottom of a large pool. But, it’s still a smart choice due to the efficiency of the pool vacuum head and the low-price tag.
4. FibroPRO Professional Flexible Swimming Pool Vacuum Head
You can connect this next pool vacuum head to a standard 1.5-inch hose. It will work with any pool type. Learn more:
- Durable design with a chrome-plated metal handle
- Long-lasting urethane wheels with metal ball bearings
- Measures 14.4-inches wide
- Includes 6 weights to keep the vacuum head down
This pool vacuum head is a lot like some of the other options. It has the standard rectangular design, with an extra-wide base. It measures over 14-inches and features 8 wheels. The 8 wheels have metal ball bearings so that the head can easily roll across the bottom of your pool. The included weights not only keep the pool vacuum head submerged, it also improves the suction power of your vacuum.
Again, there aren’t any major disadvantages. This is a quality product and works as advertised. Though, there have been complaints about the suction power. At the same time, others found the suction to be fine. This could be due to the power of the vacuum that it’s attached to. Overall, this is an effective product for helping to keep your pool clean.
3. Aquatix Pro Pool Vacuum Head with Side Brush
Up next is a pool vacuum head with side brushes. It’s also weighted and comes with a 1-year guarantee. You can explore the rest of the features:
- Works with standard 1.25 and 1.5-inch pool vacuum hoses and telescopic poles
- EZ clip for fast and secure attachment
- Heavy duty design
- Includes 4 weighted plates to keep the pool vacuum head down
- Includes wheels for easy cleaning
This vacuum head has the standard rectangular design, with the addition of brushes along the side. As you clean near the edges, the brushes will help scrub debris and algae. Basically, it covers more area, including the corners of your pool. This is intended for use in all types of pools if it can connect to your vacuum hose.
It should be mentioned that some people had trouble getting this pool vacuum head to fit their vacuum. Also, some people were disappointed that it doesn’t include brushes along the bottom – just the sides. But, this is standard. The bottom doesn’t include bristles so that it can get quality suction against the surface of your pool liner. In the end, this is an effective solution for keeping your pool clean and it’s affordable.
2. Hydro Tools 8130 Weighted Butterfly Pool Vacuum Head
With this next option, you get 2 pool vacuum heads for the price of one. Here is a closer look at the features:
- Designed for use in above ground or in-ground pools
- Standard vacuum head – fits most vacuum hoses
- Intended for use on vinyl pool liners
- Brush pattern helps lift and remove debris
- Snap-on handle should fit any standard telescopic pole
This pool vacuum head is also weighted, which keeps it from floating up to the surface as you clean. You also get 2 pool vacuum heads. This is great, as the brush pattern will eventually show signs of wear. Basically, this pool vacuum head gets the job done and it has a unique curved design that should reach all areas of your pool.
There aren’t any drawbacks. It’s a great tool and the price is right. It can effectively remove algae, dirt, and debris.
1. Swimline 8150 Weighted Flex Vacuum Head
Here is the top choice. It’s a weighted vacuum head that fits standard 1.25 and 1.5-inch vacuum hoses. It also offers the following benefits:
- Snap handle for easy assembly
- Weighted vacuum head helps it stay submerged
- It’s an affordable option
- Extra-wide 14-inch head
This is a high-quality product, with spring installation and a wide size. The fact that it’s weighted helps the vacuum head remain in the pool, which makes cleaning a little easier. Basically, it works exactly as described. You’re getting a basic pool vacuum head with a standard design. And, it’s incredibly durable. This should be the last pool vacuum head that you’ll ever need. It works with both inground and above ground pools and will connect to any standard vacuum hose.
There is just one drawback. This pool vacuum head doesn’t come with instructions. Luckily, the operation is simple. You attach the vacuum head to your vacuum hose and then start cleaning. Overall, this is the best value. It’s effective, easy to use, affordable, and durable.