Many consumers have become more aware of the dangers of using products that contain too many synthetic chemical-based compounds. Some chemical compounds like sulfates can have a particularly harsh and drying effect on the skin. Other things like parabens may potentially interfere with hormone functions.
Due to these harmful side effects, people are moving toward more plant based or natural sources of components which have beneficial effects on the skin. Organic body washes have now become increasingly popular. While it may still be possible to have an adverse reaction to organic or vegan ingredients in these washes, the occurrence of one is less likely, and the effects will definitely not be as severe. Reactions to any product will vary from person to person.
So you can be sure you find the best body wash for you, here are a few things to look for:
- All natural ingredients
- Balanced pH levels
- Moisturizing ingredients such as aloe vera or coconut
- Multi-purpose products, i.e: shampoo, conditioner, body wash
To qualify as organic, a product must contain at least 95% or more of natural ingredients in its list of ingredients. Here are the top 10 best organic body washes for 2017 for females, according to the top reviews.
Best Organic Body Washes for Women in 2017
Table of Contents
- 10. Purity Natural Beauty Organic Body Wash
- 9. Tree to Tub Soapberry Organic Body Wash
- 8. EO Products Everyone Botanical 3-In-1 Coconut & Lemon
- 7. Seventh Generation Nourishing Body Wash, Mandarin
- 6. Alba Botanica Very Emollient, Honey Mango Bath & Shower Gel
- 5. Avalon Organics Bath & Shower Gel
- 4. Alba Botanica Very Emollient, French Lavender Bath & Shower Gel
- 3. Burt’s Bees Peppermint and Rosemary Body Wash
- 2. Oleavine Antifungal Soap
- 1. Puracy Natural Body Wash
10. Purity Natural Beauty Organic Body Wash
First on the list is the Natural Beauty Organic Body Wash from Purity.
This wash makes our list because:
- This 100% organic body wash serves as both a wash and an exfoliator.
- It contains crushed walnut shells and orange peel oil which gives it a lovely fragrance.
- The organic aloe vera and coconut oil provides relief and soothes conditions such as dry and itchy skin caused by eczema, psoriasis, and acne, as well as any other skin conditions. Perfect for sensitive and irritated skin
- It is perfectly pH balanced to promote healing while still being sulfate and paraben free.
We should mention that there is one downside to this package:
- The sample size package is a bit small and will require buying several bottles to get a reasonable quantity for regular daily use.
This Purity Organic Body Wash costs less than $10. It is suitable and safe for all over body use. It eliminates the need to purchase different products to cater to the face or to the intimate regions of the body.
9. Tree to Tub Soapberry Organic Body Wash
Next on the list is Tree to Tub’s Soapberry Organic Body Wash.
We prefer this product over others because of the following:
- It is totally natural and is perfectly ph balanced at 5.5.
- It is ideal for use all over the entire body.
- It can also be used in hair to prevent and heal dandruff and extreme itchiness or dry scalp. Soapberry is recommended by dermatologists for treating Rosacea, acne, psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis and other skin allergies.
A complaint can be made about the oils:
- For people with oily or combination skin, the oils can leave a residue that may cause them to feel more oily than when they first applied the product.
The wild soapberry contributes to the lathering properties to this body wash and is viewed as being nature’s healing soap. The multiple benefits of preventing infection, dandruff and the promotion of healing makes this organic body wash a top performer, all for just under $20.
8. EO Products Everyone Botanical 3-In-1 Coconut & Lemon
#8 on our list is the EO Products Everyone Botanical 3-in-1 Coconut & Lemon soap.
We like this particular product since it has these traits:
- This 3-in-1 shampoo, bubble bath, and body wash have a pleasant natural coconut and lemon fragrance.
- It is perfect for use on any member of the family. It is gentle and has not been tested on animals.
- It comes in a large 32-ounce bottle which is truly family size and will suffice for the entire family or last one individual for a very long time.
Be aware, we would caution you with a few of the other known traits:
- It is not a 100% natural product and does contain chemical components like Sodium coco-sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, and Sodium chloride.
- The fragrances can be sensitive for users.
Most organic products do not contain sulfates, but this one does. There are two types of sulfates. The one included in this formulation is for gentle cleansing. For under a $15 price tag, this product is value for the money based on the volume of product you receive.
7. Seventh Generation Nourishing Body Wash, Mandarin
Seventh Generation’s Nourishing Body Wash comes in at #7 on our review list.
This body wash makes the list because:
- This 15-ounce body wash three pack is certified by the USDA as 93% bio-based. This means that its organic components make up 93% of the total ingredients.
There are some things that consumers might be concerned about for this product:
- Because it is not completely natural and organic, there is a risk for allergic reactions from the chemical ingredients.
- The fragrances can cause sensitivity for some users.
Purchasing this product will certainly provide value for many as it comes in a three pack for less than $15. The USDA certification gives it credibility since it contains 93% and not 95% of natural and organic ingredients. It is therefore marketed as bio-based and not organic.
6. Alba Botanica Very Emollient, Honey Mango Bath & Shower Gel
This Alba Botanica Shower Gel makes the list at #6 and doubles as a very effective body wash.
We like this wash because:
- This large 32-ounce is a family sized bottle and only a small amount is required to work up a rich lather.
There should be forewarned that this product can have a few negative aspects:
- It contains a sulfonate derivative.
- Some of the ingredients can cause reactions to people with sensitive skin.
Most people looking for an organic body wash generally tend to go sulfate free. They may not realize that sulfates actually provide the cleansing effect in their soaps and shampoos and that there are two types of sulfates. This wash contains the less harsh version.
5. Avalon Organics Bath & Shower Gel
Midway on our list is the Avalon Organic Bath & Shower Gel.
During the review process we noticed these great benefits:
- It hosts a blend of vitamins, essential oils, and botanicals which work together to cleanse, hydrate, nourish and replenish skin.
- It does not contain sulfates, dyes, or artificial fragrances, which is ideal for anyone wanting to find a true, clean product.
One noticeable complaint can be made here:
- Since there are no harsh ingredients, consumers noted that there was not a big lathering effect they are accustomed to with other washes.
This sulfate-free formula offers great value for people looking for a family-sized organic body wash, which is also free of sulfates.
4. Alba Botanica Very Emollient, French Lavender Bath & Shower Gel
Making it to #4 on the list is the Alba Botanica Organic Body Wash.
Our reviews indicate that we like this product for families because:
- It comes in a family sized 32-ounce bottle.
- Some of the ingredients make you feel better about lessening your family’s exposure to harmful chemicals.
However, families should also be aware that:
- This product does contain sulfate for cleansing ability, but they have chosen to include the type that is less drying and harsh on the skin.
The hydrating effects of aloe leaf juice and other moisture-rich components help to counter the effects of the sulfate. The size of the bottle is great for large families and you get more for the value.
3. Burt’s Bees Peppermint and Rosemary Body Wash
Burt’s Bees Peppermint and Rosemary Body Wash makes #3 on our list.
We prefer this product because:
- This product is 99.9% natural.
- This botanical blend cleanses, deodorizes, and refreshes the skin naturally while vegetable glycerin helps to moisturize.
One small complaint can be made here:
- There is still a small component of non-natural ingredients which can be troublesome for people with very sensitive skin.
Burt’s Bees has created a product that contains no sulfates, parabens or phthalates. It is a gentle cleanser and moisturizer which refreshes and soothes irritant skin conditions.
2. Oleavine Antifungal Soap
Our close, the runner-up is the Oleavine Antifungal Soap with Tea Tree and Neem for Body soap.
We really enjoy this wash due to the following:
- The main claim to its popularity is the antibacterial and antifungal properties it provides. As a result, it is highly effective in treating stubborn fungus, bacteria, and yeast from the skin surface responsible for body odor, Athlete’s Foot, Ringworm, Jock Itch, acne, toenail fungus, yeast, and other common foot and skin irritation.
- The natural ingredients include Tea Tree Essential Oil, a proprietary blend of Essential Oils including Omega 3, 6, 7, and 9 essential fatty acids and botanicals such as Neem Oil.
We are concerned that:
- They cannot specifically disclose which fatty acids are included in the formula.
This organic body wash comes with excellent ratings because it is truly organic.
1. Puracy Natural Body Wash
The top pick for organic body washes for 2017 which is also Amazon’s top pick is the Puracy Natural Body Wash.
This makes the top of the list since:
- It contains only natural preservatives and absolutely no sulfates.
- This hypoallergenic formula is used to treat all types of skin conditions including those associated with sensitivity and irritation.
- This product was created by doctors who are intimately acquainted with the functioning of the body and who understand just what the body and skin need to remain healthy.
- It contains coconut based cleansers which moisturize the skin as they cleanse.
- This 100% doctor created Puracy Natural Body Wash is environmentally friendly as well as safe and gentle to use on all members of the family.
There were a few concerns we had about this particular product, though:
- Not all of the ingredients were plant derived so that still leaves risk for allergic reactions.
- The fragrance can be something of a concern for those with sensitive skin.
It can be used both as a body wash or in a bubble bath because of the foaming action produced through the inclusion of coconut in the formula. It comes in a 16-ounce bottle, two pack. Puracy backs the product with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and has been certified to be cruelty-free by the PETA and Leaping Bunny.
Women have a hard time finding a product that works well with their skin type and delivers the results they need. Our rated products from this list give you a clear idea of what products are doing well and meeting the needs of those women. No longer do they need to feel fearful of using skin products because there are quite a few, healthy and natural products on the market.